Sponsored

Just ordered a 2020 GT. Realistically, how long do you guys think it’ll take?

OP
OP

Nickyweg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKC
Congrats for having a dealer that will let you do this. I’ve never been that lucky. :like:

Sync is more than just audio but I understand what you are saying.
Hmm. We’ve ordered from like three different dealers here and they’ve all let us choose the rebates.
Sponsored

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
Hmm. We’ve ordered from like three different dealers here and they’ve all let us choose the rebates.
Actually Ford guaranteed pricing is the better of pricing less rebates at the time of order or pricing less rebates at the time of delivery. Every dealer should follow this.

Typically rebates go up, so it's usually better to wait until delivery. Certain pricing can increase between order and delivery, but it's usually so minor that most dealers just pass on trying to push this onto the consumer (even though technically they can as they are paying for any increase passed along by Ford).

Armageddon Turbo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Leroy
Vehicle(s)
Twin Turbo 2014 Mustang GT
They're supposed to start back up in June I think. They've been down for about 2 months. If they resume where they left off then logic dictates 2 months backlog + 5 weeks for your build. If it happens sooner, then great! But I would estimate a little over 3 months in order to avoid being disappointed.

I agree with this.

Sponsored

e30og

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Genesis G70 3.3T Sport
I don't think Ford will put Sync 4 until a major redesign, given the system is only just in the Mach-E and accommodates larger screens. Sync 4 will be a major overhaul, so it doesn't make sense to put it in an 'aging' designd or spend on modifying the current dash. Figure the most that happens is another sync 3 update, if any. I wouldn't expect anything major in a '21 refresh, maybe colors rims & at most a few small option updates or package shuffling. Just my 2 cents

e30og

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Genesis G70 3.3T Sport
Also the rebates now are merely "good".

$1500 isn't off the top of the car immediately (as many dealers advertise online), it's spread over the first few pmts. Delaying the first 3 pmts just extends the loan lol. Okay whatever, cool.

Bunch of $500 discounts for medical/first responders/college....meh. Military, police, & college always get discounts (first responders generally do too). Nothing really that new.

2020's get $750 off, likely given the fact that '19s are still on the lot. That is not much of anything.

That's pretty much it. Any huge discounts are dealer specific. Not bad, not worth running to the dealership naked. Better sales at end of year.

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1

$1500 isn't off the top of the car immediately (as many dealers advertise online), it's spread over the first few pmts. Delaying the first 3 pmts just extends the loan lol. Okay whatever, cool.

Bunch of $500 discounts for medical/first responders/college....meh. Military, police, & college always get discounts (first responders generally do too). Nothing really that new.

2020's get $750 off, likely given the fact that '19s are still on the lot. That is not much of anything.

That's pretty much it. Any huge discounts are dealer specific. Not bad, not worth running to the dealership naked. Better sales at end of year.
The rebates over at dodge are sick right now (have been for a while) guess the Mustang doesn’t need it.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I don't think Ford will put Sync 4 until a major redesign, given the system is only just in the Mach-E and accommodates larger screens. Sync 4 will be a major overhaul, so it doesn't make sense to put it in an 'aging' designd or spend on modifying the current dash. Figure the most that happens is another sync 3 update, if any. I wouldn't expect anything major in a '21 refresh, maybe colors rims & at most a few small option updates or package shuffling. Just my 2 cents
Your information about Sync 4 is incorrect. There will be an advanced version for the Mach E and the larger screens. There will also be a version for the rest of the lineup. We have also discussed the possibility of putting a 10” screen into the current center stack. It is certainly possible.

Actually a “refresh” is a fairly major change, just like in 2018. Since it will most likely be the last refresh for the S550 Ford might really pull out all of the stops and do something special.

Medsport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard Premium GT automatic
The rebates over at dodge are sick right now (have been for a while) guess the Mustang doesn’t need it.
How do you figure? All I see is 4850 off for the scat pack and no finance incentive at the moment, which is about the same as the Mustang if you qualify for a couple extra things. If ordering, I can get a-plan with the Mustang, but I also found a guy that will sell me a Challenger at invoice minus any incentives. Both look to be around 7-8k off for one on the lot. The Ford does sound like it would be cheaper though with the options I would want. I would probably be in low 40's for the stang and middle to upper for the chally. Problem is I keep upping the trim and options I want. I was going to go with a loaded SP or 1320, but I really like the looks of the 50th and also the WB. Now I want to add them both as it looks killer with the WB and shaker, but at that point I'm looking at low 50's which is a bit out of my budget. But I have seen a few 50th's discounted 8-9k off and then others marked up that much. So it may be possible to find one at a reasonable price, but I would have to act quick if one pops up with most of the options and in my top couple colors. Too bad you can't order that trim anymore.

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Better sales at end of year.
This may not be true. There have been many reports that 19’ inventory is drying up. My dealer already told me that 20’ will be limited because of the factory shutdown. Now add in the delay for getting Flat Rock reset for the 21’ refresh. Total it up and waiting till the end of the year might not be a great idea. Even if you can get a great deal your choice of cars could be very limited.

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
How do you figure? All I see is 4850 off for the scat pack and no finance incentive at the moment, which is about the same as the Mustang if you qualify for a couple extra things. If ordering, I can get a-plan with the Mustang, but I also found a guy that will sell me a Challenger at invoice minus any incentives. Both look to be around 7-8k off for one on the lot. The Ford does sound like it would be cheaper though with the options I would want. I would probably be in low 40's for the stang and middle to upper for the chally. Problem is I keep upping the trim and options I want. I was going to go with a loaded SP or 1320, but I really like the looks of the 50th and also the WB. Now I want to add them both as it looks killer with the WB and shaker, but at that point I'm looking at low 50's which is a bit out of my budget. But I have seen a few 50th's discounted 8-9k off and then others marked up that much. So it may be possible to find one at a reasonable price, but I would have to act quick if one pops up with most of the options and in my top couple colors. Too bad you can't order that trim anymore.
How can you receive A plan?
Yes the Scat has that incentive plus what ever deal you work out on the vehicle itself.
However Mustang doesn’t have any rebates currently to be applied locally maybe $750 that’s it...

MustangorCamaro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord

Don't the 2020's have $3000 in rebates? $1500 lend a hand, $750 bonus cash and $750 stand alone cash? Or is one of the $750's only for a select few? Not sure what stand alone cash is. Saw it on autobytel.

Medsport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard Premium GT automatic
How can you receive A plan?
Yes the Scat has that incentive plus what ever deal you work out on the vehicle itself.
However Mustang doesn’t have any rebates currently to be applied locally maybe $750 that’s it...
Well my uncle worked for Ford for years. He's retired now so it would be z-plan or something else now. I didn't even use it on my 16 though. I used the true car deal with 0% financing which was pretty good at the time.