Not open for further replies.

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
On Saturday a few of us from the Kaiserslautern Mustang club (K-Town Muscle on Facebook) Went down to the international Mustang Day here in Germany,

Great times with Great people, On the way home we hit an unlimited section of the Autobahn, and had some fun, The Eco handily out accelerates Stock GTs of any flavor, and a few of our bolt on S197s were also game and all left with a serious amount of respect for the Eco. It was time to bite off more than I could chew.

My Buddy Nick brought his stunning DIB GT350 which stole the show at the well......show being among the first and one of the only 2 GT350s I'm aware of in Germany.

I was preparing to get my ass handed to me but the results were surprising
[ame]

He could just slightly pull on me, not bad for ~$2500 in mods.

I'll be getting an E30 tune from Adam [MENTION=19118]Tune+[/MENTION] and repeat the experiment in the next few weeks, you know, for science and all that.

Vargas stage 2 for my birthday in August just have to hide it from the wife :ninja:
Sponsored

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Sold : 15 GT
Your Ecoboost seems nippy! Like you said, thats very good performance for $2500 of performance mods.

OP
OP
Glenn G

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
Your Ecoboost seems nippy! Like you said, thats very good performance for $2500 of performance mods.
Thanks! It's a blast to drive on the Autobahn!

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
Absolutely amazing Glenn! So performance wise, it's really only Tune + tune, CAI, TB exhaust and FMIC right? Thanks for sharing the video, very nice for those of us who don't have access to the Autobahn.

OP
OP
Glenn G

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
Absolutely amazing Glenn! So performance wise, it's really only Tune + tune, CAI, TB exhaust and FMIC right? Thanks for sharing the video, very nice for those of us who don't have access to the Autobahn.
Thanks
Essentially correct it is the Map P1 kit with the Map street intercooler.(Map P1.5 kit without the Hardpipes or BOV)
The Tune is the OTS tune that Adam created for MAP while he still worked there. Adam told me there was still a bit left in it with a custom tune:thumbsup:

Sponsored

Lexman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red Mustang GT Premium
Awesome Glenn. Now I know what to expect when I get my downpipe installed this week and load Adams tune!

EcoSwag1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GT
Nice video that looks like fun. Ecoboost vs GT350 though? Looks more like "Ecoboost following GT350 through traffic" to me. The fbo Eco will definitely get a good jump on the GTs from a stop but a stock turbo EB would get dusted from a roll by a gt350 that makes all of its power above 3500rpm all the way to 8000+rpm on an actual clear straight away

OP
OP
Glenn G

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
Nice video that looks like fun. Ecoboost vs GT350 though? Looks more like "Ecoboost following GT350 through traffic" to me. The fbo Eco will definitely get a good jump on the GTs from a stop but a stock turbo EB would get dusted from a roll by a gt350 that makes all of its power above 3500rpm all the way to 8000+rpm on an actual clear straight away
No that was my buddy, he will tell you he was @ wot. Look at the speed 249 Kph is 150 Mph.
Put on headphones, you can hear him over me and he is always getting the hit on me. Give me a second and I'll show you what I do against a stock GT.

OP
OP
Glenn G

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
For Your viewing pleasure, me against a stock GT from inside the GT.
I started behind him and had to wait for my opportunity to go. My Buddy Patrick was a good sport about it and posted the video on our group private page. He was also wot.

[ame]

EcoSwag1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GT
That's great too, but again it's hard to tell. I have headphones on and I hear no noise whatsoever coming from the GT for a good 10secs before u pass him. I'm not saying it's not likely. Just not the greatest videos or circumstances, would make more sense if you start out side by side in both vids and honk it out

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
Glenn G

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
That's great too, but again it's hard to tell. I have headphones on and I hear no noise whatsoever coming from the GT for a good 10secs before u pass him. I'm not saying it's not likely. Just not the greatest videos or circumstances, would make more sense of you start out side by side in both vids and honk it out
Sigh.... Feel like myth busters.
So what's next you are going to tell me he posted this because he let off? I paid him? It's like the excuses for the Camaro not selling well!
1463413203.GT VS Eco.jpg

OP
OP
Glenn G

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
Don't worry, there's a V8 guy there who is still calling BS or driver mod on both videos.

PRG3k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo
That's great too, but again it's hard to tell. I have headphones on and I hear no noise whatsoever coming from the GT for a good 10secs before u pass him. I'm not saying it's not likely. Just not the greatest videos or circumstances, would make more sense if you start out side by side in both vids and honk it out

Yes even better would be a side-by-side drag run with HD go pros on both cars... This was never claimed to be the end-all be-all of comparisons. Just an underdog following a juggernaut on the highway. The Eco hangs tough. I also can't believe this is on pump gas. Just wait till you run E30!

EcoSwag1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GT
There's no way to tell from the video whether he let off or not. Both videos by themselves are not conclusive because you can't tell when the race starts and stops. That's all I'm saying. The vid u posted was from your own account not his. Now with him saying it, the GT vid is validated and u can relax

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
Wouldn't give it too much thought Glenn, EcoSwag1990 is one of those that switched from a EB to a GT and now trolling the EB section.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.