Sponsored

Just bought a Milwaukee polisher , 3D speed and will be paint correcting/polishing my car. Any advice for a first timer ?

Unas2k5

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Samer
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 2021 Explorer ,2019 Impala
My Mustang is black and is in need of a paint correction badly. I am going to be using an orange hex logic pad and 3D speed but before that I will clay the car and use an iron remover. Then I’m going to use 3D bead it up ceramic coating.
This is my first time. Any advice ? Thanks
Sponsored

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2016 Mustang GT Premium 401a
Sounds about right. I normally wash with a stripper wash to get any old coatings off, clay, iron remover, orange pad with compound, white pad with polish, and then wax. Has worked well for me on my black car. You really want to use a polish and white pad after using an orange pad, especially if you want a mirror finish.

OP
OP
Unas2k5

Unas2k5

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Samer
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 2021 Explorer ,2019 Impala
How an
Sounds about right. I normally wash with a stripper wash to get any old coatings off, clay, iron remover, orange pad with compound, white pad with polish, and then wax. Has worked well for me on my black car. You really want to use a polish and white pad after using an orange pad, especially if you want a mirror finish.
Is a black Mustang considered medium-hard paint ? I have 3D speed which has no fillers I was going to do an orange pad so I can get true correction. Then maybe I’ll just use a polish pad and use 3D speed for that. Does that sound ok?

Striker01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mach 1, 90 LX Coupe, 99 SVT Lightning, 99 WS6
Ford clear is soft.

Is the machine a dual action or a rotary? I started correcting my gt500 using a combination of Menzerna 2500 and 3500. Not very aggressive of a combo and it finishes out great.

I only work with a rotary. No dual action here. The number one thing is cleaning up that paint.

Get yourself a clay towel and some iron decon. Correct inside your garage and get yourself a proper inspection light

GrabberBargeCaptain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT Base 6sp in Grabber Blue
Ford clear is soft.
Not that soft in my experience. Much harder to correct than my wife's Mazda, my last car (Mazda) and car before that (Subaru). Im sensing a pattern here, Japanese clear must be REALLY soft if you think Ford is soft.

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Not that soft in my experience. Much harder to correct than my wife's Mazda, my last car (Mazda) and car before that (Subaru). Im sensing a pattern here, Japanese clear must be REALLY soft if you think Ford is soft.
Pretty much.

Mazda paint seems to be particularly soft. By comparison, BMW paint can be rock hard. Ford paint seems to sit in the middle. Having said that, it can vary depending on the color.
Sponsored