Stanghead
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
For jumping ship you shall receive the punishment of 30 lashes with a wet noodle.

TC :D:D

Laztug

Wanna run dyno slips bro?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Calling out OKC #1 spot after axle back install.
You are coming from an Ecoboost of course it feels fast. Have you not driven a GT mustang? GT will destroy that challenger in just about every category and the 5.0 responds so well to mods especially boost.
Whoa there cowboy, nice try but your mod list will never be as impressive as mine.
Who really throws their mustang around corners? Personally, I drive mine like Miss Daisy. I don't autox or race at laguna seca. A factory isuzu trooper has more than enough handling for my needs. How bad could a challenger be?

Since you are so worried about track numbers. Where do you corner carve? With that whipple you must atleast have a solid 1/4 pass. Show us why your #drivermod and mt82 can't be touched by a challenger. :)

Chad11491

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Lightning Blue GT Premium PP
You got the extended warranty right? My buddies has been in the shop more than he drives it due to electrical issues.
Same with my uncle. Got an r/t loaded to the gills and traded it after a year if not less. Head unit failed, AC went twice, red interior already faded, paint issues. It was a real POS. In all honesty it drove fine and was mildly peppy, but man, what a turd.

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
The lack of great aftermarket support is a shame for charger and challenger. Scat pack is a decent package for either.

Sponsored

OP
OP

ATLalien

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT PP
Going to try and do a review/comparison of the two soon.

The Charger is quicker in a straight line, stock to stock, by a decent margin. Of course, my Mustang would be well quicker around a road course, no doubt. Much more nimble and tossable. I was one who enjoyed driving the mountains of north GA too, so I will miss that aspect. However, the Charger handles better than a 4300pd car has any right to, and inspires a surprising amount of confidence in turns. It's really only in the steepest turns, and quicker transitions where you really feel the weight while driving (then it's a huge difference). But for now, I'm happy to trade the extra cornering ability of the Mustang for the extra space in the Charger.

Helipilot11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I am thinking about trading my 16 GT in for a Scat Pack but I think I will wait a little longer for some deals. There still seems like there is a lot of '16s available so maybe a 20% offer will appear around GA. I would love the extra room so my wife could ride in the car while my son is in his car seat.

Like you mentioned, I have yet to drive my car around corners or on a track so I'm not too concerned about getting a heavier car. I am looking for something that is sporty and not the average 4 door.

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
Maybe not in straight line but in everything else. It's too big and heavy to do any cornering or braking.
A stock Scat Pack Challenger will destroy a base GT in every metric..

Handling, braking, acceleration, everything.

dgc333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
FWIW, the heaviest car at Car and Drivers Lightening Lap a VIR was a Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat at 4550 pounds more than a 1000 lbs more than a Focus RS which it beat by about a 1/2 second. It was also over 2 seconds a lap faster than a 15 Mustang GT.

To say that the Dodge SRT cars are to heavy to handle is absurd. They certainly could be faster and easier to drive if they were lighter. You could say a Mustang is to heavy to handle when compared to a 1000lb+ lighter Miata yet the 15 Mustang GT is about 15 seconds faster. Around VIR.

Sponsored

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
FWIW, the heaviest car at Car and Drivers Lightening Lap a VIR was a Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat at 4550 pounds more than a 1000 lbs more than a Focus RS which it beat by about a 1/2 second. It was also over 2 seconds a lap faster than a 15 Mustang GT.

To say that the Dodge SRT cars are to heavy to handle is absurd. They certainly could be faster and easier to drive if they were lighter. You could say a Mustang is to heavy to handle when compared to a 1000lb+ lighter Miata yet the 15 Mustang GT is about 15 seconds faster. Around VIR.
Hard to claim they aren't 'too heavy to handle' with your examples.

A. Comparing lap times from completely different years doesn't work so well. Likely different drivers, most certainly different conditions.

B. Even if the difference truly is 2+ seconds between hellcat and GT, how much of that differential was made on the straights - where the hellcat is significantly faster than the GT?

C. The fact that in the same year the, Focus RS was only 0.5 seconds slower than the hellcat despite being hugely outgunned in the in the hp/lbs category, speaks volumes to the handling prowess (or, rather, lack thereof) of the hellcat.

D. The fact that the mustang was 10 seconds faster (again assuming different year numbers can be accurate) than the much lighter (and much less powerful) miata only shows that the mustang does handle well and did not lose a bunch of time in the twisties.

E. The fact that in the same year the GT 350 was a whopping 11.7 seconds faster than the hellcat despite being down in hp/lbs also shows how well the hellcat likely did not perform in the corners.

danny0441

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt DIB
congrats to be honest if i got rid of my s550 it would be for a scat pack love them just to damn expensive for me right now

MikeD1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Congrats on the new ride & welcome to the darkside !!
I get a grin on my face just walking past the Hellcat in the garage - somehow I've managed to make it 5 months without running afoul of the local PD :D

OP
OP

ATLalien

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT PP
Congrats on the new ride & welcome to the darkside !!
I get a grin on my face just walking past the Hellcat in the garage - somehow I've managed to make it 5 months without running afoul of the local PD :D
Thanks! Bet that Hellcat is a monster.

FYI for those considering a Scatpack: The Daytona 392 is a new for 17 option package. It's essentially a Scat Pack with the wider, 275 tires, and larger brakes from the SRT & Hellcat. Also comes with a factory, open, cold air box which makes some cool induction noises. The seats have a unique quilting as well. As far as I'm aware, the only benefit to the SRT now is the adjustable suspension.

Scat Pack owners on the Dodge forums are a little PO'd right now since the Daytona offers everything the scat pack does, plus more SRT goodies. The Daytona is also offered with the 5.7.

99gtp

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP