bootlegger

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner
Not replying to you but in general since 2016 people have said the end of the Mustang is near. Sales dropped from 2015 and there was massive panic. Of course though it is because the Mustang sold at an insane pace in 2015 and even in 2016 but a drop off was expected. People still freaked out and the trolls celebrated. Same thing in 2017 as 2016 were above normal. Year to year percentages don’t really tell the full story. I always found that comparing sales relative to the competition makes more sense in this segment instead of looking at random changes. Of course it is harder to do since GM is now withholding information from stockholders. Still have the challenger to compare to at least.

Just like in the issues section on here people are driven by emotion and not really understand the numbers logically. A poll has this many people saying they have an issue? That means all the cars have the problem!
No one has made this claim.
Sponsored

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
No one has made this claim.
Yes several times in the past sales threads. I don't really want to find them but one good example was a Mustang owner turned Dodge troll stated per the evap core poll that every single 15-17 Mustang will suffer an evap core issue and it was tanking sales (again sales were down year to year because 2015 and 2016 were huge, 2017 was average as expected, just more people trying to use numbers to scare people). That is why spreading paranoia is annoying because it starts to creep up everywhere. Yes my OPG is going to break!!! My driveshaft is vibrating!!!!

Believe me we have had so many threads where someone hit redline and was scared to the point they wanted to trade in the car.....

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
4.8% decline year over year on a model refresh tells me a lot, especially during the peak of the season. Has Ford's new pricing hurt sales, interest rates, or is the economy just not as good as we are lead to believe?
So you expect the second year of a new model to sell the same as the first? You didn't list the most obvious reason - people who want a car get excited and buy it after it comes out. Later model years of the same car don't have those buyers.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Yes several times in the past sales threads. I don't really want to find them but one good example was a Mustang owner turned Dodge troll stated per the evap core poll that every single 15-17 Mustang will suffer an evap core issue and it was tanking sales (again sales were down year to year because 2015 and 2016 were huge, 2017 was average as expected, just more people trying to use numbers to scare people). That is why spreading paranoia is annoying because it starts to creep up everywhere. Yes my OPG is going to break!!! My driveshaft is vibrating!!!!

Believe me we have had so many threads where someone hit redline and was scared to the point they wanted to trade in the car.....
Yep, and yet I've tried like hell to blow my 15 GT up. For the last 3 years with countless 1/4 passes leaving at 3800 RPMs on drag radials. And the damn thing just wont die. Hell, it doesn't even squeak yet. I cant kill it. so I'm going to strap a supercharger on it. And try harder. The squeaky wheel always gets the grease. And the 10 or 15 guys with blown engines or evap problems will always make more noise than a guy like me who has had ZERO issues. And abuses my car!

Last edited:

Sponsored

FastCarFanBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GB GT
Yep, and yet I've tried like hell to blow my 15 GT up. For the last 3 years with countless 1/4 passes leaving at 3800 RPMs on drag radials. And the damn thing just wont die. Hell, it doesn't even squeak yet. I can kill it. so I'm going to strap a supercharger on it. And try harder. The squeaky wheel always gets the grease. And the 10 or 15 guys with blown engines or evap problems will always make more noise than a guy like me who has had ZERO issues. And abuses my car!
my car has had an engine tick since day one. Ive been making more whp than a gen 1 coyote should be able to handle for the past 4 years on stock OPGs and made over 100 passes...should I be worried about that ticking sound? Should I sell and get out now before it blows?

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase

Yep, and yet I've tried like hell to blow my 15 GT up. For the last 3 years with countless 1/4 passes leaving at 3800 RPMs on drag radials. And the damn thing just wont die. Hell, it doesn't even squeak yet. I cant kill it. so I'm going to strap a supercharger on it. And try harder. The squeaky wheel always gets the grease. And the 10 or 15 guys with blown engines or evap problems will always make more noise than a guy like me who has had ZERO issues. And abuses my car!
Someone once said on this forum and they are correct that forums like these are the worst place to come to get information on a car because the small number of people who have a problem are the loudest at crying The Sky is Falling and the car is junk.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Looking at the other sales figures...

...I'm not sure why Ford would want to give up 20k (more if updated) a month in car sales outside of the Mustang by dropping the Focus and Fusion. It's not going to be a 1:1 conversion into Trucks and SUVs as they already have a good lineup and people still chose to buy a car over them. It seems like there is still room for the Focus and Fusion with competitive updates.
You will be proven correct, and I've been saying this since the announcement.

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
Dooms day propaganda has said the Mustang was doomed since the fox days.

Remember the gen 1 Probe? Yeah, that was almost the Mustang replacement in the late 80's.

Hell, we survived the Mustang II

Mustang IS NOT going anywhere.

Watch "A faster horse", the doc about the 2015 development. The pressure put on all involved to basically "not f*ck up "Americas Car" was enormous!

Mustang is not only sacred to us....

Texican1911

Ford Certified Sales Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a Lightning Blue with Midnight Blue 20" wheels Safe & Smart, Active Exhaust, Shaker
I had someone on the hook for one this week, waited 2 weeks because the last 3 years Ford has done 0%/72 + $1000 on Mustangs. Not this year. Ford's standard rate raises her payment $60/m and she won't bite.

Sponsored

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
I had someone on the hook for one this week, waited 2 weeks because the last 3 years Ford has done 0%/72 + $1000 on Mustangs. Not this year. Ford's standard rate raises her payment $60/m and she won't bite.
Need to go to a different dealer

saleen367

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 HP N3451 2015 Focus
So you expect the second year of a new model to sell the same as the first? You didn't list the most obvious reason - people who want a car get excited and buy it after it comes out. Later model years of the same car don't have those buyers.
I'm not sure what confuses you about my post. This year was a refresh with added HP. It should have outsold MY17 in July and did not, plain and simple.

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
Actually that is a good point. The 2018 should be outselling the crap 15-17 big time. Something is going on.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I'm not sure what confuses you about my post. This year was a refresh with added HP. It should have outsold MY17 in July and did not, plain and simple.
I thought they were selling 2019s now and the refresh was essentially a year old. My bad. Thinking about it I realize that the 2018s have not been available for a year yet.

Yes I agree that the refresh didn't show a big response in sales.
Sponsored