v8hgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
I can't see it myself. Different power sapping headers for rhd. Eu tune, no hood vents, no strut brace etc
Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
How much would it cost?
If it were to happen, a regular stock one i'd shoot in the £60k ball-park. That being said i doubt it'll happen for a multitude of reasons.

Helios1234

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mondeo/Porsche Cayman S
If it's around £50-55k, I know where my life savings is going...

Sponsored

McDoodle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A grey car
I reckon it'd be around £50-55k.
Hmmmm ..... I hope you're correct but I reckon optimistically £55 to 60k - ish if you want the R, which is close to $100k (or $35 to 40k over MSRP in the US). Either way I hope a nice gentleman at Ford UK puts the early GT adopters at the head of any pre-launch notification/deposit queue ..... hint hint, nudge nudge, wink wink, say no more [MENTION=18365]Andy Barratt[/MENTION] ;) ..... and anyone who was at the Silverstone day pleading with him about the 350 I reckon should go straight to the front of the queue and get a huge discount! :D

v8hgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
While US demand outstrips supply and manufacturing capacity ford would loose potential revenue by doing my rhd conversions and getting them through stringent non domestic legislation for our very small market.
Now if there was additional capacity coming on stream with a new production line then I could see the logic in tapping our market using many parts from the rhd GT where legislation or steering column dictates it.
I assume the 350's being sold by some dealers in Germany are US imports rather than official EU legislated cars subject to our different rules.... Would it not make more sense to tap the Lhd non us market first?

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
So a huge multinational like Ford rejects potential demand because they are unwilling to invest in increasing the supply. Does not make sense to me

McDoodle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A grey car
While US demand outstrips supply and manufacturing capacity ford would loose potential revenue by doing my rhd conversions and getting them through stringent non domestic legislation for our very small market.
Now if there was additional capacity coming on stream with a new production line then I could see the logic in tapping our market using many parts from the rhd GT where legislation or steering column dictates it.
I assume the 350's being sold by some dealers in Germany are US imports rather than official EU legislated cars subject to our different rules.... Would it not make more sense to tap the Lhd non us market first?
Don't forget, there's also the much rumoured GT500 coming along which potentially could free up some GT350 capacity for elsewhere in the world. Also, if memory serves, during the run up to RHD production there was talk of an extra shift being a possibility at Flat Rock if demand required it. As far as I know (but I may be wrong) they are still only running 2 shifts, so in theory a 50% increase in capacity is available - but I guess it would take some pretty complicated sums to determine whether that would be economically justifiable.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Don't forget, there's also the much rumoured GT500 coming along which potentially could free up some GT350 capacity for elsewhere in the world. .
My assumption is GT350 production will end with the '18MY facelift, so we could potentially get some of the last '17MY GT350s off the line. Would they do it in RHD? I'm not so sure. But I don't see Ford building GT350s and GT500s at the same time.

With the facelifted car comes rumours of the Mach 1 which, if it's to be believed (and the rumour comes from a reliable forum source), will be seen before the GT500. I could see the Mach 1 (think perhaps somewhere between a GT and a GT350 in terms of performance/stats) coming late in the '18MY with a forced induction GT500 coming in around the '19MY.

I would really, REALLY like to see Ford UK offering these two special editions in RHD :ford:

Sponsored

Centurion07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
So a huge multinational like Ford rejects potential demand because they are unwilling to invest in increasing the supply. Does not make sense to me
They can't meet current LHD demand in a timely manner, why would they invest in what would be a very limited-run car?

Look at all the things that were stripped from the standard US cars for the rest of the world; if it wasn't viable to keep those things on the "main" Mustang how can it be viable to homolgate what would, in all reality, be a very small run of 350's?

The only way I see this coming over here is as a bastardised version, nothing like the US 350. To that end, and with pretty much everyone loving the standard car, why would they bother?

v8hgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Also think of all the infrastructure that goes round mass marketing in a region. They would need to train up dealers in the main eu countries to sell and service a different spec car. Then you have all the different spares to carry.
Far more likely they will do the Mach 1 over here if it is more closely aligned to the base GT with some minor trim changes.

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
...They would need to train up dealers in the main eu countries to sell and service a different spec car...
And we know how successful this is ;)

daltron

Rowing All Day
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
It's a limited production run that can't even meet demand here in the US. So... yes. They aren't churning these out like GT's.

McDoodle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A grey car
Well as none of us knows for sure what's happening or going to happen, I'll keep on thinking positively - you never know :thumbsup:
Sponsored