Juggernaut Power Track Day

Tim Hilliard

Happy Owner
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Guard 300A PP Recaro
So that was pretty fun. In fact this much fun shouldn't be legal.

After the first two sessions I get asked to run with the Experts in the next session. (I'm on the factory tires and factory brake pads)

Which I spent most of my time looking in my mirror. It did prepare me for my Time Attack in my original run group (Intermediate)

I had three cameras rolling just to lazy to put it all together. :ford:
Sponsored

socalsnake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 5.0 GT PP
Nice driving.

Looks like killer fun.

How did the brakes and tires hold up? Are you running different pads, brake lines, fluid?

In one of the runs, you said you're traction control kept turning back on. One time glitch or did it keep happening?

OP
OP
Tim Hilliard

Tim Hilliard

Happy Owner
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Guard 300A PP Recaro
Nice driving.

Looks like killer fun.

How did the brakes and tires hold up? Are you running different pads, brake lines, fluid?

In one of the runs, you said you're traction control kept turning back on. One time glitch or did it keep happening?
Thank you, Rey and Jon from Juggernaut put on a great event. All the Proceeds Go to Help Homeless Vets and Vets Suffering from PTSD. I'm figuring this driving thing out, my coach showed me the fast way around on my first track day, this is my third ever and second on this track.

Brakes are awesome I was braking at the 4 marker from 125 and they got real hot, finally experienced fade but they came right back after an easier lap. Hit 1.19 Braking G's. Pads are still the same ones it left the factory with. I've never even had the calipers off, stock everything, fluid was changed in May with factory DOT4.

I have yet to understand why everyone hates these P-Zero's. 4200 miles and 3 track events, I finally chunked the front left (actually just one chunk in the center tread bar) If these tires suck like everyone says I'm going to be scary fast with 'good' tires. I am still running the factory alignment (why the tires are beat up) They might have one more track day in them ;)

As far as ESC/TC I'm not sure, it happened a couple of times. I'm going with operator error, but it was weird. I was also trying to operate 3 different cameras as I was staging so...I can run much quicker with everything off :D

I drove her pretty hard today so I need to do a complete inspection. I need harness's badly, I can't stay in the Recaro's now, at a minimum losing 1 second/lap trying to stay in the seat. I am as upright and close to the wheel as practical. The steering wheel needs to be used for steering, not staying in the drivers compartment :eek:

socalsnake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 5.0 GT PP
Thank you, Rey and Jon from Juggernaut put on a great event. All the Proceeds Go to Help Homeless Vets and Vets Suffering from PTSD. I'm figuring this driving thing out, my coach showed me the fast way around on my first track day, this is my third ever and second on this track.

Brakes are awesome I was braking at the 4 marker from 125 and they got real hot, finally experienced fade but they came right back after an easier lap. Hit 1.19 Braking G's. Pads are still the same ones it left the factory with. I've never even had the calipers off, stock everything, fluid was changed in May with factory DOT4.

I have yet to understand why everyone hates these P-Zero's. 4200 miles and 3 track events, I finally chunked the front left (actually just one chunk in the center tread bar) If these tires suck like everyone says I'm going to be scary fast with 'good' tires. I am still running the factory alignment (why the tires are beat up) They might have one more track day in them ;)

As far as ESC/TC I'm not sure, it happened a couple of times. I'm going with operator error, but it was weird. I was also trying to operate 3 different cameras as I was staging so...I can run much quicker with everything off :D

I drove her pretty hard today so I need to do a complete inspection. I need harness's badly, I can't stay in the Recaro's now, at a minimum losing 1 second/lap trying to stay in the seat. I am as upright and close to the wheel as practical. The steering wheel needs to be used for steering, not staying in the drivers compartment :eek:
Well, you just proved that the stock Pirellis and stock brakes are really up to the task.

Goes to prove that if you can drive, the stock GT PP is a fantastically capable car. Kudos to you.

Everybody does seem to criticize the Pirellis. It seems as if you're not running Michelins Super Sports or Michelin anything, everything else is not worthy when in reality there are alot of great tire options on the market including the Pirellis.

Looking forward to seeing you besting these laptimes when you get harnesses on.

Congrats on fun day that helped alot of Vets.

Thinking of having Ford take a look at the traction control anomaly?

OP
OP
Tim Hilliard

Tim Hilliard

Happy Owner
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Guard 300A PP Recaro
No, more I need to concentrate on making sure I don't turn it on thinking I'm turning it off, looking at everything else. I'm sticking with operator error until further notice.
Sponsored