Jmeo's 2020 Shelby American GT500 SE Wide Body Build (+ "Phase 2")

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Come to Poppa

Screenshot 2024-01-09 at 5.07.43 PM.png

Edited to add a daily update of the ride home

Ride Home 2.png

Ride Home 3.png

Ride Home 4.png

Ride Home 5.png

Ride Home 6.png
Ride Home 7.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Well, as my luck would have it, it snowed last night and today on the day of delivery

Screenshot 2024-01-16 at 7.05.38 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-01-16 at 7.05.57 PM.png

And......... it's totaled

Screenshot 2024-01-16 at 7.06.37 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-01-16 at 7.06.17 PM.png

The truck driver backed the car out of the trailer and I drove it into the building. I never thought I would climb into this car with snow on my feet, haha.

Wrap removal starts today and hopefully I can get a trailer to get it back home where it belongs on Friday. I cannot wait to get under the hood and make sure the blower install was done to my standards.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Well, as my luck would have it, it snowed last night and today on the day of delivery

Screenshot 2024-01-16 at 7.05.38 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-01-16 at 7.05.57 PM.png

And......... it's totaled

Screenshot 2024-01-16 at 7.06.37 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-01-16 at 7.06.17 PM.png

The truck driver backed the car out of the trailer and I drove it into the building. I never thought I would climb into this car with snow on my feet, haha.

Wrap removal starts today and hopefully I can get a trailer to get it back home where it belongs on Friday. I cannot wait to get under the hood and make sure the blower install was done to my standards.
Looks like a total loss to me 🤭🥶.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
..it snowed last night and today on the day of delivery
A little snow? NBD, Jaime and here's a big CONGRATS on the return. Can't imagine that SA didn't install the Whipple without doing a good job but then again, knowing you, I hope it IS up to your standards. <smile>

Now, sit back, enjoy how pretty she looks and, wait for Spring.

Very happy for ya, shipmate.

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Much, much, much better.

Screenshot 2024-01-17 at 3.45.22 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-01-17 at 3.45.45 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-01-17 at 3.46.04 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-01-17 at 3.46.26 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-01-17 at 3.46.45 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-01-17 at 3.47.03 PM.png

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
Much, much, much better.
I couldn't agree more, Jaime. The graphic wrap was cool but, it distracted from who and what the car is, IMHO, and looks SO much better without it.

Hope you found some means of transporting her home. I just returned from ten days in PA and MD and I NEVER saw a single clean vehicle. Reminded me of my formative years with winters in Oh High Yo. But heck, you're well-accustomed to "waiting" <warm smile> and hopefully, a few more months will go by quickly and you can get her out for lots and lots of smiles.

I'm betting that SA did you right on the Whipple install and everything meets your expectations. Assuming that's the case and despite the fact that you have Whipple experience, I know that you are champing at the bit to have a chance to open her up.

So, short of you opting to do more with/to her, (I'm thinking doubtful,) I believe you can finally say that the end of the long journey has arrived. Sneaking up on four years which doesn't seem possible and I couldn't be happier for you my friend. You definitely deserve a medal for patience. :-)

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I couldn't agree more, Jaime. The graphic wrap was cool but, it distracted from who and what the car is, IMHO, and looks SO much better without it.

Hope you found some means of transporting her home. I just returned from ten days in PA and MD and I NEVER saw a single clean vehicle. Reminded me of my formative years with winters in Oh High Yo. But heck, you're well-accustomed to "waiting" <warm smile> and hopefully, a few more months will go by quickly and you can get her out for lots and lots of smiles.

I'm betting that SA did you right on the Whipple install and everything meets your expectations. Assuming that's the case and despite the fact that you have Whipple experience, I know that you are champing at the bit to have a chance to open her up.

So, short of you opting to do more with/to her, (I'm thinking doubtful,) I believe you can finally say that the end of the long journey has arrived. Sneaking up on four years which doesn't seem possible and I couldn't be happier for you my friend. You definitely deserve a medal for patience. :-)
Hi Kent! Yes, I am happy that SCT picked my car for their rebranding, and I think they were happy with the outcome, but I am happy to have it back to it's natural beauty.

A friend recommended 8 Brothers for the transport and I am completely happy with them. Great customer service, great communications, quality delivery vehicles and the ability to track it the entire way. All for the best price I might add.

I am confident the install was done professionally and correctly. I just have a certain kind of OCD (incase you haven't noticed) and I will want hoses routed and secured certain ways, and things like that. I look forward to digging in and playing with things. First thing I thought when I looked under the hood was HOLY SHIT this thing is jammed in there. I mean it's UGE.

I don't want to say never...... But seriously, I am sure I will tinker with little things but I don't see any more big ticket items. Unless you consider needing new rubber from the recent upgrades as big ticket items, ha-ha.

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I am beyond exited to reintroduce you all to my car in its natural state of beauty. The SCT SEMA experience was a bucket list item for me and it was great to share it with my son, but I’m glad she’s home and looking better than ever.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I am beyond exited to reintroduce you all to my car in its natural state of beauty. The SCT SEMA experience was a bucket list item for me and it was great to share it with my son, but I’m glad she’s home and looking better than ever.
Congrats! Looks fantastic. Hopefully not too much of that salt got on the car loading it into the trailer.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Quick question and apologies if you’ve covered it elsewhere. Are those the FP clear tails and did you do them yourself or were they part of the Shelby package? I really love the look with FP Blue and the white stripes you have.

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Congrats! Looks fantastic. Hopefully not too much of that salt got on the car loading it into the trailer.
Thanks! Nope, slow roll so nothing got where it shouldn’t have.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Quick question and apologies if you’ve covered it elsewhere. Are those the FP clear tails and did you do them yourself or were they part of the Shelby package? I really love the look with FP Blue and the white stripes you have.
No worries, they are OEM “white edition” taillights (same as the FP version I believe) and I purchased and installed them myself. Exactly why I wanted them, they look perfect with my color combo.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
Good job on the walk around vid, Jaime and I couldn't agree more with the others, she looks FANTASTIC!

Now maybe you can relax for a week or two. :-)

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
My curiosity to get my eyes on what kind of work went into installing the Whipple got the best of me today. I pulled the belly pan to take a peek and took some pictures of what I discovered. Here are the new engine mounts that come with the kit to allow the massive 3.8 blower to fit under the strut tower brace.

Screenshot 2024-01-21 at 4.42.03 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-01-21 at 4.42.18 PM.png

While I was under there, I re-routed a couple wires to my liking, and added a few zip ties. Looking at the new double ICP setup, it appears that the factory pump gets flipped around and the additional Whipple supplied pump gets daisy chained in-line. One pump receives the IC fluid, gets pumped by it, then goes directly into the second pump, and then goes back on its way. Pretty interesting.

Screenshot 2024-01-21 at 4.42.38 PM.png

I have some more things I want to clean up to satisfy my OCD, but for the most part the SA tech did a good job. That's all for today. Time to go watch some fooseball with the family.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
She's gorgeous Jaime.
I'm glad she's back home. Enjoy.