JLT CAI not fitting properly

Helmet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dude
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I tried to install my JLT CAI today and the bolt that holds the mysterious strap hits the CAI tube and the hood does not close like it should, I have to push down on it to get it to close and the hood doesn't go down all the way on the drivers side leaving a gap. I couldn't solve the problem so I had too reinstall the factory CAI. Has anyone else have this problem?
Sponsored

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 CFTP, 2021 Whipple'd F150
I tried to install my JLT CAI today and the bolt that holds the mysterious strap hits the CAI tube and the hood does not close like it should, I have to push down on it to get it to close and the hood doesn't go down all the way on the drivers side leaving a gap. I couldn't solve the problem so I had too reinstall the factory CAI. Has anyone else have this problem?
No problems here. The kit went right in how it was supposed. Try loosening your connections, adjust it and then re-tighten.

65sohc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
By mysterious strap are you talking about the lttle cable attached to the hood vent?

OP
OP
Helmet

Helmet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dude
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
By mysterious strap are you talking about the lttle cable attached to the hood vent?
That is correct, The stud that holds it left a couple of marks on the CAI tube at the top, I believe that is what that dimple just behind the intake tubes is for?

65sohc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
That's pretty strange. If you peer into the vent with a flashlight with the hood closed you can see that the little stud is well forward of the intake tube. The posterior end of the cable is held in with a push pin that is flush with the hood, at least on my car. In any case I would just loosen the clamps on the silicone coupler and rotate the tube into as low a position as possible. Granted it's tight but mine fits without problem.

Vinny@JLTPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I agree with everyone else so far, there's quite a bit of adjustment in the coupler and shield molding. Loosen it up, push it down and while holding it down retighten clamps.

Don't gorilla tighten the clamps however, just enough to hold it!

Feel free to PM me pictures if you need an opinion!

Thanks,

Vinny
Sponsored