Sponsored

jalopnik: The Ford Focus RS Comes With Winter Tires From The Factory

paul123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GT
http://jalopnik.com/the-ford-focus-rs-is-the-first-u-s-car-with-winter-tir-1759646552
The Ford Focus RS Comes With Winter Tires From The Factory

For the first time in North America, you can order a car from the factory with winter tires, and the new Ford Focus RS is the first car to get the package. It’s as if it’s designed for snow hoonage out of the box!

in related news:

http://jalopnik.com/heres-irrefutable-proof-that-all-wheel-drive-is-worthle-1671708207
Here's Proof All-Wheel Drive Is Useless In The Snow Without Proper Tires

and

[ame]
:lol:
Sponsored

Gryphon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
I can't believe this is news.

I bought my Mustang with a winter tyre package I specced when ordering the car. You just have to offer that here. How can you sell a car in a country with seasons, and not have to offer winter tyres from the factory? How is that even possible?

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra

I bought my Mustang with a winter tyre package I specced when ordering the car. You just have to offer that here. How can you sell a car in a country with seasons, and not have to offer winter tyres from the factory? How is that even possible?
That's a damn good question...

SnoopisTDI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard 2015 GTPP, Recaros, 2004 Lexus GX470

Most just run all season tires all year. I grew up in Chicago and I don't recall anyone using snow tires, let alone requesting them from the factory.

OP
OP

paul123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GT
aren't Mustang PP sold with summer tires, nationwide, all year round?

I just watched Faster Horse movie, and much of the scenery was cold and snow, Dearborn Michigan ? I would think Ford employees working at that location would have a better appreciation for season appropriate tires. Or at least default the Mustang PP to A/S. Much of the country is less than 45F for much of the year. :shrug:
Sponsored