RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
The only issue with the EB is that the GT exists. And I don't mean that in a way to say that the EB is lesser; it's just that there is ALWAYS this forced comparison between the two as if the reviewer has to justify the EB as a value purchase.

Jesus, the car can stand on its own merit. Had there never been a GT, had Ford (or any OE) released this as a standalone car with a different badge and without a V8-trimmed model, it would be viewed in a completely different light.

It's just an unnecessary point that's brought up whenever the EB is evaluated.

This whole review is positive, but it's annoying because it's in a justifying kind of way when the car doesn't need justification in the first place.

Rubedog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 PP Magnetic 5.0 Redline Recaro
The only issue with the EB is that the GT exists. And I don't mean that in a way to say that the EB is lesser; it's just that there is ALWAYS this forced comparison between the two as if the reviewer has to justify the EB as a value purchase.

Jesus, the car can stand on its own merit. Had there never been a GT, had Ford (or any OE) released this as a standalone car with a different badge and without a V8-trimmed model, it would be viewed in a completely different light.

This whole review is positive, but it's annoying because it's in a justifying kind of way when the car doesn't need justification in the first place.
I agree, Ford should've re-skinned the Ecoboost and sold it as a Falcon (or something along those lines). Make it a standalone product.

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
I agree, Ford should've re-skinned the Ecoboost and sold it as a Falcon (or something along those lines). Make it a standalone product.
Should do it like Audi does.
A5, S5, RS5. They are all from the same family but are each sold and marketed differently and by themselves. Only within each one do you get different options. Example. A5. You can get premium, premium plus or prestige.

Example

A5 is its own icon/webpage. S5 is its own icon/webpage. RS5 is its own icon/webpage. By doing this you create a different experience/perception between each car.

OP
OP
JonnyMustang

JonnyMustang

Mustang Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Flex EB

Sadly, it's a comparison brought about because the lack of engine options starting in 1994. The Mustang was designed in the 60's as a second car to be functional. Heck, some of the best selling Mustangs of all time (Mustang II) didn't even have a performance option available! So I think the market can be retrained to look at the Mustang back to its original roots, but it's going to take time. If Ford sticks with having real engine options for the Mustang, reviews like this will be a thing of the past.

Having two engine options for twenty years, the V6 is always the one where you "settle". It's time to undo this stereotype and the EB is just the motor to do it.

Sorry, not trying to start an EB vs. GT discussion, but it interesting to see the market reacting to this old set up again.

Sponsored

OP
OP
JonnyMustang

JonnyMustang

Mustang Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Flex EB
Should do it like Audi does.

Example. A5, S5, RS5. They are all from the same family but are each sold and marketed differently and by themselves. Only within each one do you get different options. Example. A5. You can get premium, premium plus or prestige.

A5 is its own icon/webpage. S5 is its own icon/webpage. RS5 is its own icon/webpage.
Even at that, the S5 feels like the "GT" model of the A5. I don't separate the two in my mind.

OP
OP
JonnyMustang

JonnyMustang

Mustang Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Flex EB
Get that smaller, lighter version that only has the EB as an option. Maybe offer the 2.0 Eco as the base and the 2.3 Eco as the performance version. I like this idea!

Kinda like what Nissan did with their IDX concept:

Or Chevy's Code 130r:

TNcoupe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
He rated the gearbox an 8/10.....LOL.

doulos4jc

......looking^
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Mustang
Having never been a "mustang guy", and the 2015 being my first mustang, the whole issue of a 4 banger not being quite a mustang has never been an issue. I'm secure enough that I don't give a rip what anybody thinks about a car I'm paying for.

Sponsored

LeonBorden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2JZ Formula D Pro AM Cressida, 2015 EB PP
Some of us genuinely just like playing with turbos. Coming from a 2jz Cressida, SR powered 240s, and a teen good of awd DSMs, I would've never purchased a mustang if not for the ecoboost model. You'll never be the fastest guy around, and it's hard to force yourself to spend paycheck chunks and hard earned time on an engine you don't enjoy. I know this first hand after losing ten grand after a build and sell of a LS swapped 240 for competition purposes. I had to trudge through that build, only to finally drive it and hate it despite how it performed.
GT guys, we have nothing against you! Ten years ago when we trashed talked your 280hp 4.6 and destroyed them with our 2 liter motors with nothing more than bolt ons, we thought your car selection was comical. My 30,000 dollar purchase is a public concession to the fact that Ford is the only automobile manufacturer injecting their vehicles with excitement on all levels and to a wide variety of crowds. You guys won. ;)

http://s3mag.com/blog/driving-the-2015-ecoboost-mustang/

TNcoupe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I want an Ecoboost crate engine and control module like the Coyote package to put in a 61-63 Falcon 2 door pro touring.

dabsevo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Black
Interior 5/10?? does this guy live inside a mercedez benz? the interior is pretty damn nice

LeonBorden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2JZ Formula D Pro AM Cressida, 2015 EB PP
The motor itself does weigh 300 less... He failed to take into account the turbo , intercooler and plumbing.

I agree, the interior getting 5/10... Really???? I could understand a 5 on sound or something... But these interiors are better than any sports car under 70k
Sponsored