Sponsored

Jack Rails

jooyoung99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 White GT350
Not at all. Just makes it so much faster to jack up your car anywhere on the rail.

I can literally have my car on jack stands in 1 minute by myself. If someone else is there 30 seconds.
I see. Thanks for the reply. How much weight does it add?
Sponsored

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
I see. Thanks for the reply. How much weight does it add?
I think the Steeda ones weigh about 10lbs for both. Maybe 12lbs total.

Edit - 14lbs total.

Old Car Guy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Tech Pack. AG Black Roof Black Stripes G3597
I'm making my own jack block for myself and another member from delrin. If this forum didn't stop us from using tapatalk id post pics but unfortunately I can never get pics to post without the tapatalk. But what I'm making are simulator to the JMS

I was also wondering how we going to post photos, now there is no taptalk, can some explain this to me. Help..... The Old Car Guy! :cheers: :thumbsup: John

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
This is a GT350 correct? Seeing the ground effects and exhaust it appears to be. The thing I noticed that seems strange to me is your gas tanks do not have the foil tape and mine does. Weird.
Hmm. It is a GT350, #1302. Weird indeed.

Jack rails are definitely the way to go for your normal home garage service. Much faster and safer, just need to get used to raising the car side-to-side rather than front to back.
You hit the nail on the head about getting used to jacking side-to-side. This is why I appreciate the long, BMR rails as they allow a wide footprint. I was cringing having to jack directly on the pinch weld as I've seen them get beat up a bit with use.

Here's a shot depicting what I meant about BMR rotating the tubing between the ends so that they are on the same plane as the ground.

Sponsored

kairojya

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
When you all jack one side at a time, do you do it in stages? Meaning that you put the first side on the stands at a low setting, then do the other side a bit higher, than go back and raise the first side, etc?

It always seems uneasy to me, maybe it's cause the stands I have...

GT_Dave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mach 1 408EFI , 2016 GT350
The way I do it, I jack the car up on one side and put 2 stands at about 12 -14" under side 1. Jack up the 2nd side and put 2 stands @ 18" under side 2. Go back to side 1 and put that at 18".
Plenty of room to work under the car and it feels safe that way. You could probably go in larger increments with taller stands, but the car seems to tilt a lot going from side to side, but it is so easy.

Kurac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
I use Harbor Freight racing jacks and rubber pucks for each side. I jack in stages.
That's what she said.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Stages here too.

kairojya

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Thanks for the tips^^

Regarding the chassis bolts used to secure these jack rails, what are they for? It seems to me that if they are there, they must be fastening something, and I wonder that if unbolting them will affect whatever they are securing (depending on how the car is lifted at the time of unbolting them).

Sponsored

ShadowBlackR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R - GR222
You can also do this if you have jacking rails. :)
cquartz1.jpg

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197
[MENTION=21976]ShadowBlackR[/MENTION] :) If you have a high-res version of that photo, please feel free to email it and we'll put it on the site!

ShadowBlackR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R - GR222
Sorry, I don't have. Crappy nighttime cell phone photo. Yes, they are Steeda Rails. We were doing some detailing and applying CQuartz at the time and wanted to be able to coat inside and out on the wheels easily. You'll be happy to know that I installed the jack rails before I had even "driven" the car. I had the jack rails waiting. Picked it up in an enclosed trailer to bring home.

OP
OP
DrumReaper

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
That's the first R on blocks! Lol.

Nice... I'm gonna put my Steeda order in today for rails, clutch spring and maybe the G brace.

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
My previous S550 I made my own. If you have a drill, tape measure, and cutoff wheel its piece of cake. However the Steeda's are very nice pieces and light, but a little iffy on the overall length to place jack stands. I know they are perfectly safe, but just uncomfortable looking. BMR are awesome, but way more expensive and heavy. Love the fact of the previously mentioned ends being parallel with the ground:).
Sponsored