Sponsored

It’s finally time GT500 KR (update: being built)

OP
OP

CaptDave

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
'21 Grabber Yellow GT500 CFTP, '23 F150 King Ranch
Raptor R should help you some.

I used to have a 2013 SVT Raptor, it was nice and fast but at 100,000 miles., to many problems started showing up.
Interesting. I know a guy through work who has a 2014 and loves it, but he only has about 50K miles on it. What sort of issues did you start having?
Sponsored

BlkMach10510

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1
Interesting. I know a guy through work who has a 2014 and loves it, but he only has about 50K miles on it. What sort of issues did you start having?
It started having charging issues, transmissions problems, problems accelerating, and weird noises happening. I bought it when it had 40,000 miles so I do not know how bad it was beat on. I babied it but I guess the damage was done.

OP
OP

CaptDave

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
It started having charging issues, transmissions problems, problems accelerating, and weird noises happening. I bought it when it had 40,000 miles so I do not know how bad it was beat on. I babied it but I guess the damage was done.
That's a bummer. I hope the Mach 1 is a worthy replacement. What part of Texas by the way? I used to live in Kingwood outside of Houston.

BlkMach10510

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1
That's a bummer. I hope the Mach 1 is a worthy replacement. What part of Texas by the way? I used to live in Kingwood outside of Houston.
It is, I wanted a Mach 1 since I saw the 2003-04 Mach 1. I have heard of there, I live in East Texas by Lufkin.

Sponsored

BlkMach10510

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1
OP
OP

CaptDave

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Haha, I'm with you. I'm in Missouri City, 2 hours from everywhere it seems.

OP...waiting on more pics of that KR...
I’ll share as soon as I have some more. I expect it to be a bit since they just started the conversion.

Maybe I’ll have to go to Vegas, take the tour, and find a way to sneak onto the factory floor 😂. Although I do imagine this happening if I did…

Last edited:

Sponsored

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah the wait definitely won't be too bad. Just miss driving her when the CA weather is nice now that we're done with our rainy season. I've actually thought about a Raptor, but I honestly want to find a good used Gen 1.

Updates will continue provided Mike sends me photos on occasion 🤞. Otherwise We'll see her when she gets dropped off by the delivery truck.

@Jmeo, you put the switchfire x-pipe on your SE, yeah? I think I saw that somewhere in the thread about your car. Worth it?
Yes sir, I installed the Switch Fire and love it.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Pretty easy to install?
Yes, it is a direct swap with the mid muffler or X pipe that came in your Borla kit. Well, it was for me anyway.

OP
OP

CaptDave

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Yes, it is a direct swap with the mid muffler or X pipe that came in your Borla kit. Well, it was for me anyway.
Nice. I wish I had thought of asking them to add it before my build started. Always nice to have a reason to get back under the car though.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Nice. I wish I had thought of asking them to add it before my build started. Always nice to have a reason to get back under the car though.
Have you looked into what the KR gives you for exhaust? I believe it is the same exhaust as mine (Shelby by Borla), but with black exhaust tips (mine are polished/chrome). You may already be getting the switch fire, but I cannot say for sure. If it's not the switch fire, I am guessing it is the X. If so, the difference in between the X and switch fire may not be worth the cost of buying the switch fire and then the work to install it.

If you are getting the mid muffler, absolutely change to the switch fire....IMHO.
Sponsored