Sponsored

Issue with steering during hard cornering...

ITLRUN

HiPo Joe
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R HR186
Has anyone ever experienced an issue with steering under extreme cornering? Mine does this only at the track and only during hard right turns. For lack of a better term, it sounds like the steering wheel is growling. I have checked the clearance between the steering shaft and the header tubes. That appears to be fine.

I'm at Roebling Road today and this is slightly (ok, greatly) unnerving. The next session I'll use the sport mode instead of the track mode to see if that makes a difference.
Sponsored

Donkey

Large member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Has anyone ever experienced an issue with steering under extreme cornering? Mine does this only at the track and only during hard right turns. For lack of a better term, it sounds like the steering wheel is growling. I have checked the clearance between the steering shaft and the header tubes. That appears to be fine.

I'm at Roebling Road today and this is slightly (ok, greatly) unnerving. The next session I'll use the sport mode instead of the track mode to see if that makes a difference.
It could be an abs issue, do you feel anything on the brake pedal? We actually have a 2013 Ford truck that does this and makes a similar noise and sounds like a growl and can be felt both in the wheel and in the brake pedal. Oddly only in hard left turns lol. Just an idea.

OP
OP
ITLRUN

ITLRUN

HiPo Joe
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R HR186
It could be an abs issue, do you feel anything on the brake pedal? We actually have a 2013 Ford truck that does this and makes a similar noise and sounds like a growl and can be felt both in the wheel and in the brake pedal. Oddly only in hard left turns lol. Just an idea.
It actually kinda feels like the "nannies" are kicking in...

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach 1, '16 F-150, '14 Fiesta ST, '14 Audi A7

Sounds a lot like the experience I had with my Boss on stock alignment, particularly with Corsa R compounds. The car just can't turn where you want it to and so it understeers while the tires vibrate from being pushed out of their track. If you're still running stock alignment, get some camber caster plates and add another degree or so. It'll fix that right up.

Spa2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You don’t want to know
Could it be chatter from "tread" squirm at maximum cornering load?

Sponsored

RaceRedGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350 Race Red #1888
Please say yours is not the one that caught fire. See that you have it named "Yelanor" and a yellow one had a fuel leak that smoked the rear end of the car.

Rogue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 Carrera S, Boss 302 Laguna Seca, Jagua
Never experienced this on the track in either my GT350 or Boss Laguna Seca...

rlhmarines

1st Civ Div
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2013 ZL1
I spoke with him before our last session on Saturday and we thought it could be some nannies still intervening but it was odd that it was only happening on one direction of the steering wheel input. I told him how our cars performed with the electric steering in the various PTM modes but he said it was only doing it turning one direction.
Sponsored