dogiebitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ram 1500 Rebel 5.7L
Vehicle Showcase
It looks like the laminate layer between the glass is starting to bubble or corrode. Or is this normal and I just never noticed it before? Car was build 02/2015, I purchased 08/2015. It's garaged at home, but sits in a parking lot in the Florida sun while at work.

First picture shows passenger side through the glass, the second and third are "top-down view" looking between the layers of glass. Other pictures are of driver side.

I bought a dash cam and was going to get some ceramic tint put on the windshield before installing it, and noticed this.

I have no way to get access to other 2015 Mustangs right now to check if this happens on other cars. My girlfriends 2014 Fusion does not have this happening and I think it also has the SoundScreen glass.

Car is under warranty for another 10 months so if it is a defect, it's probably covered right?
IMG_4486.JPG
IMG_4487.JPG
IMG_4488.JPG
IMG_4489.JPG
IMG_4490.JPG
IMG_4491.JPG
IMG_4492.JPG
IMG_4493.JPG
Sponsored

TomcatDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic w/black stripes
I can't tell where that is. My guess is that if it's an area normally covered by trim/molding they will say it's normal. If it's visible just walking up to the car, then no, it's not normal, but you have to decide how much glass you want to push them to replace. In my experience (with few exceptions) replacement glass is far more prone to leaks than factory.

OP
OP
dogiebitt

dogiebitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ram 1500 Rebel 5.7L
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry that's my bad for the zoomed in pictures. It's at the very top of the windshield right against the roof where there is no weather stripping.

2veloce

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT/CS PREM CONVERTIBLE AT
Looks like a product defect to and a warranty item

Bill88stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 deep impact blue premium gt 6 speed manual
Just had my windshield replaced under warranty for delamination and mine only had one bubble in the top right corner of it. But I figured it’s under warranty so might as well have it done.

Sponsored

OP
OP
dogiebitt

dogiebitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ram 1500 Rebel 5.7L
Vehicle Showcase
I'll make an appointment to have it looked at. Are windshield replacements usually done by dealership staff or do they outsource to windshield companies? I want it to look and function like from the factory.

EcoBoostang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Mine was that way when it arrived to the dealership, it was replaced by warranty without questions asked.

OP
OP
dogiebitt

dogiebitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ram 1500 Rebel 5.7L
Vehicle Showcase
Since the car is two years old, would it be outrageous to ask them for a written 3 year warranty on the new glass? I just don't want to deal with this again two years from now when I don't have the bumper to bumper warranty still in place.

EcoBoostang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Since the car is two years old, would it be outrageous to ask them for a written 3 year warranty on the new glass? I just don't want to deal with this again two years from now when I don't have the bumper to bumper warranty still in place.
Not sure how much truth there is to it, but there are 2 windshields in these cars. The "Soundscreen" is a noise dampening glass, if you have this make sure they replace it with the same part number. Also, my dealership stated that this was an issue with the early "Soundscreen" windshields.

Can anybody verify?

OP
OP
dogiebitt

dogiebitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ram 1500 Rebel 5.7L
Vehicle Showcase
I read somewhere that premium models get the Soundscreen glass while non-premium get the regular. Not sure if this is true. Either way, mine has the Soundscreen logo and is a fairly early build (02/25/2015). I'll be going to dealership in the next few weeks and will post any updates here.

Sponsored
OP
OP
dogiebitt

dogiebitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ram 1500 Rebel 5.7L
Vehicle Showcase
At the dealership now. They took pictures and submitted it to the warranty approval people. Looked at a few other 2016s they had sitting on their lot and some of those were showing minor symptoms like mine too. I’ll update when I find out if they approve the replacement.

Fausted

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Caleb
Vehicle(s)
GT Prem
Mine is doing this as well.

OP
OP
dogiebitt

dogiebitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ram 1500 Rebel 5.7L
Vehicle Showcase
They approved a warranty replacement, but the third-party guy they use to replace windshields had to order one. I'm dreading this now... hopefully there won't be glue and sealant all over.
Sponsored