Sponsored

Is anyone here data logging/HP tuner on a MacBook Pro ? I can’t get it to work.

Unas2k5

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Samer
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 2021 Explorer ,2019 Impala
I know that it’s not supported, but I know that people do it by running windows on their MacBook. It’s just not working for me.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Unas2k5

Unas2k5

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Samer
Vehicle(s)
Get a cheap Windows laptop. Your life will be easier. I used to be you, then got a $300 Windows laptop.

Tuning life was way better.
Does data logging show you how much psi you’re running even without a gauge ?

robvas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Easy button is a $150 Thinkpad 450 on eBay

Fiddle with the USB passthrough settings on your Mac virtualization software (parallels/vmware/virtualbox)

mejohn50

Intergalactic Snail
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mitch
Vehicle(s)
slow junk
Does data logging show you how much psi you’re running even without a gauge ?
It’ll show calculated/inferred manifold absolute pressure. If your airflow models are accurate then MAP will be pretty accurate. Then, since MAP is in psia, I suppose you could just subtract barometric pressure from MAP via a math parameter in HPT VCM Scanner and that should leave you with boost pressure.

Sponsored

Goterr0r

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
Agree with the above to just grab an machine off ebay or something. Lots of off lease business machines for dirt cheap. If you want to just stick with the Apple, use https://www.parallels.com as i've had a friend have success with it doing the same.

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
arm mac or x86?

If M1 (arm) than you need a windows vm like parallels and then use the vcm suite beta version. You might need to install drivers but mine worked without.

If x86 than you can use the built in tool to make a windows partition and boot into that and it should just work.

Let me know if you need help.

OP
OP
Unas2k5

Unas2k5

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Samer
Vehicle(s)
arm mac or x86?

If M1 (arm) than you need a windows vm like parallels and then use the vcm suite beta version. You might need to install drivers but mine worked without.

If x86 than you can use the built in tool to make a windows partition and boot into that and it should just work.

Let me know if you need help.

Thanks M1 Pro running macOS Sonoma. I hate windows very much that’s why I would like it if it just worked on my MacBook Pro.
Just powered up my laptop I’m gonna verify what I have installed.

Thanks! BRB!

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
Thanks M1 Pro running macOS Sonoma. I hate windows very much that’s why I would like it if it just worked on my MacBook Pro.
Just powered up my laptop I’m gonna verify what I have installed.

Thanks! BRB!
You need something like https://www.parallels.com/. It costs money but there's a free trial so you can test it.

Basically it allows you to setup a windows arm virtual machine. Then on the VM you can install the beta version of the vcm suite as it supports arm.

Once its all installed open up vcm scanner then plug the device into the laptop and have parallels connect the device to windows. Then it should work. If you have issues getting vcm scanner to recognize the device you might have to unplug the device from the car and your laptop and close vcm scanner and try again. It usually works first try pretty seamless for me.

OP
OP
Unas2k5

Unas2k5

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Samer
Vehicle(s)
You need something like https://www.parallels.com/. It costs money but there's a free trial so you can test it.

Basically it allows you to setup a windows arm virtual machine. Then on the VM you can install the beta version of the vcm suite as it supports arm.

Once its all installed open up vcm scanner then plug the device into the laptop and have parallels connect the device to windows. Then it should work. If you have issues getting vcm scanner to recognize the device you might have to unplug the device from the car and your laptop and close vcm scanner and try again. It usually works first try pretty seamless for me.
I have an active subscription I am now downloading the Beta version I did uninstall the other version that I had on there. VCM scanner? Is that another program or an option in VCN suite? Also I have an RTD device I use it thru Bluetooth there’s no way to plug it to my laptop? I use my RTD for my tunes via an app on my phone (Bluetooth)

Sponsored
OP
OP
Unas2k5

Unas2k5

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Samer
Vehicle(s)

image.jpg

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
I have an active subscription I am now downloading the Beta version I did uninstall the other version that I had on there. VCM scanner? Is that another program or an option in VCN suite? Also I have an RTD device I use it thru Bluetooth there’s no way to plug it to my laptop? I use my RTD for my tunes via an app on my phone (Bluetooth)
Yes VCM scanner is part of the suite and allows you to datalog.
image.jpg

OP
OP
Unas2k5

Unas2k5

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Samer
Vehicle(s)
Yes VCM scanner is part of the suite and allows you to datalog.
image.jpg
Ok thanks. I can data log wirelessly ? Or do I connect it using a cord with two ctype ends?

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
Ok thanks. I can data log wirelessly ? Or do I connect it using a cord with two ctype ends?
I usually use the usb type c cord not sure if you can do it wirelessly or not

OP
OP
Unas2k5

Unas2k5

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Samer
Vehicle(s)
I usually use the usb type c cord not sure if you can do it wirelessly or not

Okay I’ll try it with the cord. I didn’t know there was a place on the RTD to take one. I thought it was all done thru blue tooth. Glad you mentioned that I have to plug the device into the laptop lol
I’ll try that tomorrow the car with way too loud my neighbors would cry
Sponsored