Reaction score
Website
www.transfueler.com
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
All you need now is an airplane.....
Well, I agree... Unfortunately, as a "early retired" airline captain, I can't justify buying anything I would really want to fly, like a King Air. Here I am in the 737-800.
ED & CHRIS 737.jpg
Sponsored

Automobilist

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.transfueler.com
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT

smbranssbn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
1st Mustang

Bought my 2017 GT with a performance package in October. No mods yet but I also joined NASA and had a blast at Streets of Willow last November. Next track day will be in March at Big Willow. I’m not looking to build a track only car but a street legal track car, if that makes any sense. Best place to get advice and tips is from a forum like this. Thanks in advance.

Automobilist

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.transfueler.com
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
You'll LOVE big Willow. Lot's of great Ford history there. Youtube some track videos, and keep it on line through Turn 9...;)

Hopefully you'll get addicted, and realize you can't really properly "track" a street car. Then you'll get a real race car and that's when the big fun starts...:first:

Sponsored

Blue Moon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Perform Pack Std
Well, I agree... Unfortunately, as a "early retired" airline captain, I can't justify buying anything I would really want to fly, like a King Air. Here I am in the 737-800.
Welcome, Captain. I'm a retired C-130 flight engineer and low-time private pilot. Your pic just reminded me how much I loved being off the ground; it's been too long.

smbranssbn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Thanks Ed. Looking for a spec Miata or an older fox body now. I really like the look of the 88 lx. This all started because my son bought his GT with an auto a few months before I bought mine.

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Bought my 2017 GT with a performance package in October. No mods yet but I also joined NASA and had a blast at Streets of Willow last November. Next track day will be in March at Big Willow. I’m not looking to build a track only car but a street legal track car, if that makes any sense. Best place to get advice and tips is from a forum like this. Thanks in advance.
Congrats and makes perfect sense. I'm of the same mindset. Maybe I'll see you at a track day sometime. Enjoy! :thumbsup::cheers:

Automobilist

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.transfueler.com
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Thanks Ed. Looking for a spec Miata or an older fox body now. I really like the look of the 88 lx. This all started because my son bought his GT with an auto a few months before I bought mine.

For a real track car, can't do better then a Miata to start with. I tend to prefer more vintage, but any true race car is better than a street car on the road course.

Lilith5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt
Newish guy been lurking for awhile.

Names justin nick named the car lilith it’s a 17 mustang gt white 6spd. Bought new, went fbo GT350 manifold Lund tune, bmr drag suspension. The setup wasn’t quite where I wanted it so now going procharged, e85,supporting mods.

Ive had a few other mustangs over the years started my modification addiction with a 2000 gt back in 04, had a 03 cobra convertible later on and a 04 gt convertible. First coyote powered car and no complaints.

Looking forward to sharing the build and following others.

Sponsored

hlh1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10
Welcome Justin!

ODucksFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
Hello everyone! I just placed an order last week for a 2018 GT. This will be my second Mustang I've owned. I previously had a GT back in 1998. I just sold my Focus ST and decided I wanted a Mustang again. This is the third vehicle I've ordered from Ford in the last 5 years so I'm used to hitting the refresh button on Cotus.

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
New to this forum and also a member of Camaro 6, since I own a Camaro Fifty SS Convertible.

I recently retired from GM. For my last 10 years there I led the powertrain division of the Industry and Competitor Intelligence team. We spent more time with competitor vehicles than we did with GM vehicles, so we got a lot of hands-on and drivers seat experience with Mustangs, Challengers, Porsches, BMWs, etc. Especially when Camaro or Corvette we're going through refresh. Our job was to project for the vehicle team where we expected competitors powertrains to be at the time that the new GM vehicle came out. Best job I ever had.

Anyway, I retired in March and still do similar work as an independent consultant.

Even though I worked for GM, I have actually over my lifetime owned more Mustangs than I have Corvettes and Camaros combined. The Fifty is actually the first Camaro I have ever owned. A couple Corvettes before that.

Granted, two of my Mustangs were nothing to write home about ('74 coupe, '76 Cobra), but two were 1979 Indy Pace Cars. Owned both at the same time.

Since I have spent so much of my time being very objective about competitors' cars, I expect to be able to bring that same level of objectivity to this forum, just as I try to do at Camaro6. I learned early on in my Competitor Intelligence days how to tell engineers that their baby was ugly without getting fired :lol: and sometimes they even listened and changed things :gossip:

I live in Detroit, ironically about 5 miles from Ford World HQ, so I often see Ford camouflaged test vehicles driving up and down the Southfield Expressway. Even saw the GT500 a couple times.

Let's have fun!

jesse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT vert
New to this forum and also a member of Camaro 6, since I own a Camaro Fifty SS Convertible.

I recently retired from GM. For my last 10 years there I led the powertrain division of the Industry and Competitor Intelligence team. We spent more time with competitor vehicles than we did with GM vehicles, so we got a lot of hands-on and drivers seat experience with Mustangs, Challengers, Porsches, BMWs, etc. Especially when Camaro or Corvette we're going through refresh. Our job was to project for the vehicle team where we expected competitors powertrains to be at the time that the new GM vehicle came out. Best job I ever had.

Anyway, I retired in March and still do similar work as an independent consultant.

Even though I worked for GM, I have actually over my lifetime owned more Mustangs than I have Corvettes and Camaros combined. The Fifty is actually the first Camaro I have ever owned. A couple Corvettes before that.

Granted, two of my Mustangs were nothing to write home about ('74 coupe, '76 Cobra), but two were 1979 Indy Pace Cars. Owned both at the same time.

Since I have spent so much of my time being very objective about competitors' cars, I expect to be able to bring that same level of objectivity to this forum, just as I try to do at Camaro6. I learned early on in my Competitor Intelligence days how to tell engineers that their baby was ugly without getting fired :lol: and sometimes they even listened and changed things :gossip:

I live in Detroit, ironically about 5 miles from Ford World HQ, so I often see Ford camouflaged test vehicles driving up and down the Southfield Expressway. Even saw the GT500 a couple times.

Let's have fun!
Welcome to the board!
I grew up in the Detroit area and have many extended friends and family that have worked at all of the the big 3.

Jesse
Sponsored