Intake Manifold Spacer

paullyd210

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
A ticking time bomb ;)
I haven't seen a thread on it just yet, but I had some questions about this part I found on AM.

http://www.americanmuscle.com/cnl-intake-manifold-spacer-1516eco.html

questions because its not too expensive of a part...

1. Is there a potential for gains if coupled with a custom tune?
2. Anybody have any experience with an intake manifold spacer, and if so, what was your experience?
3. What are, if any, the pros/ cons of injecting a meth kit from these pre-drilled holes vs in front of the throttle body?
Sponsored

Busser48

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang ecoboost
I haven't seen a thread on it just yet, but I had some questions about this part I found on AM.

2. Anybody have any experience with an intake manifold spacer, and if so, what was your experience?
3. What are, if any, the pros/ cons of injecting a meth kit from these pre-drilled holes vs in front of the throttle body?
Yea boomba has had one for a while now, I think we had talked about this on the throttle body spacer thread and came to the conclusion that fuel delivery or meth I mean a the only positive, but again that was just a couple guys weighing in.

higdominator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PPP

1. No
2. Yes, mine is a CP-e and has 4- 60lb injectors in it. It's pretty bad ass.
3. You want meth to be injected right behind the throttle body like the Tune+ kit does. I would not use that spacer to run meth because:

a) You would have to custom make a manifold to run multiple meth nozzles. Not worth it.

b) you are spraying the meth too close to the valve, it needs time to mix and pull the latent heat out of the air mix.

This would be cool for a nitrous kit on a fully built motor running a massive turbo that could benefit from a massive shot of nitrous.

Save your pennies.

Busser48

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang ecoboost
1. No
3. You want meth to be injected right behind the throttle body like the Tune+ kit does. I would not use that spacer to run meth because:

a) You would have to custom make a manifold to run multiple meth nozzles. Not worth it.

b) you are spraying the meth too close to the valve, it needs time to mix and pull the latent heat out of the air mix.

This would be cool for a nitrous kit on a fully built motor running a massive turbo that could benefit from a massive shot of nitrous.

Save your pennies.
Perfect!

AMAlexLazarus

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.americanmuscle.com
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
'14 F150 EcoBoost/'08 Bullitt
1. No

Save your pennies.

OP -

higdominator - Killed this right here so I'm not going to add my .02

Thanks for the help here brother!

Alex

higdominator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PPP
OP -

higdominator - Killed this right here so I'm not going to add my .02