Sponsored

Intake Bypass Hose Removal Benefits & issues?

Roidrage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.3L Ecoboost Mustang with PP
Hi guys, I was just wondering what are the benefits & potential issues of not reinstalling the Bypass hose/recirculation hose to the stock BPV(BOV) on a aftermarket intake?
Sponsored

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
No benefits; no issues. It just produces your classic BOV noise. Just make sure to plug the port on the intake pipe.

OP
OP

Roidrage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No benefits; no issues. It just produces your classic BOV noise. Just make sure to plug the port on the intake pipe.
Ya I have the cap. Just wondering if it will cause any issues. From what I understand lean issues may occur from 100% blowoff?

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
On a MAF based car, it would. These cars are speed density. There's absolutely no ill effect that comes from venting on these cars. It's been discussed a multitude of times and plenty of us run VTA.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Roidrage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On a MAF based car, it would. These cars are speed density. There's absolutely no I'll effect that comes from venting on these cars. It's been discussed a multitude of times, and plenty of us run VTA.
TY kindly sir, much appreciated!!

Sponsored

Fasstang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ITGUY
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EBPP
Ya I have the cap. Just wondering if it will cause any issues. From what I understand lean issues may occur from 100% blowoff?
First, I must say that I am a newbie with the whole mustang and turbo world. Have been driving trucks and jeeps my entire life and decided to get a Mustang, since I saw for the first time.
My question is stupid for most...but if I could find a good answer, I will truly appreciate. I want to hear the psssssssss sound of the turbo and I heard that the best and cheapest way to do that is to just disconnect the recirculation tube. Well, I am by all means not an expert on any mechanical stuff but sounds like something pretty easy to do it. Can someone explain ( either with a video or a diagram, how to do that and what do you guys mean by put a plug in its place. Damn I really deserve to be behind a desk coding all day...what plug has to be connected and where? Last, where I can find/buy such plug? I really appreciate for any help, so I can hopefully do that today, that I have my day off:cheers:

TheWildman

Jazz Master
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2018 Kona EcoBoost Base (PP)
First, I must say that I am a newbie with the whole mustang and turbo world. Have been driving trucks and jeeps my entire life and decided to get a Mustang, since I saw for the first time.
My question is stupid for most...but if I could find a good answer, I will truly appreciate. I want to hear the psssssssss sound of the turbo and I heard that the best and cheapest way to do that is to just disconnect the recirculation tube. Well, I am by all means not an expert on any mechanical stuff but sounds like something pretty easy to do it. Can someone explain ( either with a video or a diagram, how to do that and what do you guys mean by put a plug in its place. Damn I really deserve to be behind a desk coding all day...what plug has to be connected and where? Last, where I can find/buy such plug? I really appreciate for any help, so I can hopefully do that today, that I have my day off:cheers:

Here's a video from YouTube on how to get that psssssssh sound.

[ame]

Brianh922

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang GT PP1
Where did you guys get the cap?

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
You can order a 1" vacuum cap from a parts store, online, etc. or you can get furniture chair feet from Lowe's. That's what I did. The feet come with 4 in a pack for $2-$3.

Sent from my XT1095 using Tapatalk

Brianh922

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang GT PP1
Thanks!
Sponsored