Sponsored

Insurance premiums???

JohnDoe

<3 short walks to my car
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 pp vert
Wesley, imho you are hanging your future out there and I sure hope you have a BIG Umbrella Policy!!! You knock out a light pole and fire hydrant you will be out of pocket with your Property Damage. And please don't hit a $100k Tesla that runs into a Ferrari and it's your fault. I've got USAA as well and an Umbrella Policy is pretty cheap, all things considered.

A number of years ago I ran into the rear end of a cargo van with a steel bumper driving my 1991 Camry. No big deal for the van. Max 10mph and nothing bent. Within 6 hours the driver had a chiropractor and a lawyer. If he'd have won and I would have had your coverage I would have lost my house and more.

Be careful, please.
Wow thanks, I just saw it. Changed it to 500k
asdf.jpg
Sponsored

Kinjirra

I R Slow
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
16 Ruby Red GT W/PP, 401a
Vehicle Showcase
Some good rates in there.

Im around 150ish a month...42, clean record, married. Bundled house and second car through statefarm. Wife had two claims last year one comp and one collision(deer and two weeks later smacked into a dude that lost control on an ice patch) and I had a Comp 4 years ago when some dick slashed the tires on my then new 13 wrx.

I tell you what Comp is a lifesaver. Our Collision Deductible is 1k but comp is 0. Cant tell you how much comp will save you when it comes to acts of god or vandalism or just even random dumb

5.oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford white 5.0
Some of you all are getting hosed.

32/no points/home owner

$657.88/yr
$500 deductible for collision and comprehensive
Under insured, uninsured coverage
100/300/100

rubyinla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB

Mike02z

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Explorer Platinum
It depends where you live and how litigious the area you live in is.That along with being over 25, no accidents, and no points will get you a better rate. Move closer to a big city and your rates go up. Comparing insurance rates is really useless. Too many variables for any type of objective comparison.

I pay about 800 per year for my GT350 and have a 0 deductible with 500/1m coverage. I also have 5 cars on my policy, 3 drivers, my home owners and an umbrella policy with the same company. This gives me the best rate as it is all bundled. I still shop every year but my current company has not raised my rates in 3 years and when I went from a 16 GT to a 17 GT350 the cost was the same.

Sponsored

rubyinla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB

32/no points/home owner

$657.88/yr
100/300/100
Based solely on your post, I'd suggest you look into an Umbrella policy to cover your butt. It will keep you from losing your house when your under insured Mustang runs into a Tesla with a high performance lawyer driving it.

AppoTheApple

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tien
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Premium GT DIB
I just switched my insurance this morning. USAA wanted to charge me 189 dollars a month for comprehensive coverage. Made the move to Geico and for the same policy with mechanical failure insurance, I'm paying 132 dollars a month.

5.oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford white 5.0
Based solely on your post, I'd suggest you look into an Umbrella policy to cover your butt. It will keep you from losing your house when your under insured Mustang runs into a Tesla with a high performance lawyer driving it.
How is my car under insured?

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Anyone have any experience with Wawanesa? Currently paying 1800 with State Farm every 6 months. Wawanesa quoted me a little over 800 every 6 months with even more coverage, making my savings close to 1000. Which also throws me off a little bit because it sounds too good to be true.

Yet, out here in LA - I've heard PLENTY of good things about Wawanesa. Online reviews though are a different story :/.
I'm an adjuster, don't worry about who is better, all insurance companies are more or less the same, take the $1000 savings, way worth it.

OP
OP
seth21w

seth21w

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Seth
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT base PP ingot silver

32/no points/home owner

$657.88/yr
100/300/100
Who are you insured with??

Sponsored

rubyinla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB
How is my car under insured?
Just my personal opinion based on the litigious society we live in, along with the high cost of cars and the ever more crowded freeways. And the uninsured drivers out there as well.

Witness all the lawyer ads on TV. Then all the $100k cars that are becoming the norm any more and a $100k policy limit can be run through quickly.

Don't know where you live, but I'm in a crowded city with lots of crazies in Range Rovers and the such. I'm carrying 2x your coverage plus an umbrella policy. My intent is to have my modest house and savings, that I have worked a lifetime for, go to my heirs, not some lawsuit.

In the end it makes me comfortable and I assume you are comfortable with your coverage.

I've got USAA and am paying $250 a month for 2 cars and a travel trailer because of my zip code.

maddawg57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Comp Orange Premium PP GT
Travelers $210 for 6 months , 500 deductible full coverage , comprehensive, rental n towing .I'm 59 ,I also have 2 other vehicles and my home with them . Great company to deal with also .

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Here's one more thing many are overlooking...

Upgrades or mods done to the vehicle.

Put $5k or $10k worth of mods on your vehicle, wreck - and kiss all that mod $ goodbye.

Read your fine print of your policies - do you have Agreed Value or Stated Value and is that amount,instead in your policy? If not, that means you're going to get ACV value for your car if it gets wrecked and is TOTALED out.
Sponsored