Sponsored

Insurance cheap?

2006ser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 fist
I called to get a quote from Geico. Holy smokes it's cheaper to insure a 2016 mustang ecoboost or v6 then my 2015 fiesta st, And it's 1 dollar more to insure a 5.0 over my fiesta lol. It would be 131 monthly and for the gt it would be 143. That's also including my 2013 Genesis sedan. Full coverage ,full rental, uninsured motorist with 500 deductible. This gives me a reason to trade in my fist sooner..
Sponsored

Gdyup50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
I called to get a quote from Geico. Holy smokes it's cheaper to insure a 2016 mustang ecoboost or v6 then my 2015 fiesta st, And it's 1 dollar more to insure a 5.0 over my fiesta lol. It would be 131 monthly and for the gt it would be 143. That's also including my 2013 Genesis sedan. Full coverage ,full rental, uninsured motorist with 500 deductible. This gives me a reason to trade in my fist sooner..
If you don't put alot of miles on your car check with Metromile...they charge you a flat rate for your car and then a set amount per mile...I have had it for almost 6 months now and have never paid over $75 a month....saves me around $50 a month from State Farm...

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang GT
Yeah, this car is cheap to insure for sure. It costs me ~$50/mo. in my area. For reference, a Civic is about $10/mo. cheaper. Of course insurance does depend on your location, past history, status, etc.

Steeeliskt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Manual
Just a heads up... the first few years of a vehicles life, the vehicle symbol as assigned by ISO can change. I have been in the insurance industry for 10 years and have never seen seen an ISO symbol change more than a few steps up or down but anything is possible.

If you are quoting yourself higher liability limits and assuming you are in your 20's.. that price through Geico sounds pretty good!

bay584

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTPP
To insure my 03 Jetta and 09 CBR600rr 101.95/mo. Ecoboost would be +$10/mo, GT +$25/mo.

USAA insurance.

Sponsored

RouteAbel

2015 GT PP, Magnetic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP, Magnetic
yeah I was pleasantly surprised to find out my 2015 5.0 was only $6 month more than my 2004 Volvo with Gieco.

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
It costs me $80 for my GT.

Souldriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 - Guard GT Prem. PP
I wish I were you guys, the lowest I am getting is $1,000 every 6 months with all of my reductions. Single, Male, 27, a couple counties out of NYC, i put 2k miles per year on a car. No accidents ever. but hey you know im a high risk or something. :mother effin eye roll:

Rdot9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT Premium w/ Performance Package
I wish I were you guys, the lowest I am getting is $1,000 every 6 months with all of my reductions. Single, Male, 27, a couple counties out of NYC, i put 2k miles per year on a car. No accidents ever. but hey you know im a high risk or something. :mother effin eye roll:

WTF.... that's awful. How old are you if you don't mind my asking and how long have you been driving/had auto insurance?

Also it was only slightly more expensive for me to insure this car than a 2016 Silverado I was looking at as well.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Asking the insurance question has too many variables such as:

Geographical location
Age of driver (experience vs. inexperience)
If driver is married or not
Miles driven to/from "x"
Driver DMV record or points (good vs. bad)
Prior accidents or insurance payoffs (which is defined as insurance "points")
Credit Score (yes, some insurance companies base rates off of credit worthiness)
Type of vehicle
Deductibles (owners can choose a variety of deductibles which could decrease rates OR increase)
How vehicle is stored (garage vs street)
Male vs Female
Competiveness of Ins. Co. A vs. Ins. Co. B
Employee Discount Benefits vs. none
Vehicle Safety equipment & rating
Vehicle anti-theft equipment (alarm, LoJack, GPS tracker, etc)
Misc. Insurance "fluff"

And I'm sure there's some other criteria I missed...

For instance you could compare my rates against another individual with similar stats in same area of NJ and they may have higher rates (or lower) than me or vise versa...

Best thing to do - SHOP AROUND, don't settle with first quote, ever. Compare agencies and the SAME criteria against others, pros vs. cons, etc... I'd bet you'll even find a cheaper rate than what you have been quoted already.

Tips:
1) The higher the deductibles you chose, it decreases your annual premiums. Think about it this way, how many claims have you had to make in the past? If the answer is none, raise your deductibles up a notch. If you're accident prone or just have shitty luck - disregard this one... :)

2) In some states, LoJack or GPS tracking equipment lowers your theft premium by a minimum of 10% and a maximum of 25%. I know for a fact in NJ the max allowable discount for LoJack is 25% due being an owner of it. That's a decent annual savings and it pays for the equipment over the course of ownership.

3) if you already have a towing service you pay for annually (such as Triple A), don't opt for it in your insurance - you're paying twice.

4) if you already can get Gap Insurance through your Ins. Co., don't get it through financing at your Dealer (and vise versa) - again don't pay twice.

5) if you can bundle your insurance policies (renters, homeowners, life + auto) you may qualify for bigger discount on auto.

6) rental car options or any other insurance "fluff" - if you are already covered by such on another type of plan - don't pay for it again.

Good luck!

Sponsored

brandonsmash

SMASH!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT - PP
Huh. I feel pretty pleased that my insurance is only $75/mo. now (33, married, one accident, no traffic violations [*knocks on wood*]).

I'm with Allstate. However, I insure a bunch through them: Several motorcycles, my Mazda6, my F150, and my house.

I don't think I'm eligible for any more discounts unless I do the invasive Allstate monitoring thing which is simply NOT going to happen (whether or not I have anything to hide, it's an intrusion into privacy I'm not willing to accept).

Pa-fatboy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium; 1966 Mustang, 1996 Dodge Ram 1500
You guys are lucky. I have to have a family policy. I have drivers 18, 21, 23 and then my wife and I. I need these kids to get off my payroll!

birdog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT 6M
Asking the insurance question has too many variables such as:

Geographical location
Age of driver (experience vs. inexperience)
If driver is married or not
Miles driven to/from "x"
Driver DMV record or points (good vs. bad)
Prior accidents or insurance payoffs (which is defined as insurance "points")
Credit Score (yes, some insurance companies base rates off of credit worthiness)
Type of vehicle
Deductibles (owners can choose a variety of deductibles which could decrease rates OR increase)
How vehicle is stored (garage vs street)
Male vs Female
Competiveness of Ins. Co. A vs. Ins. Co. B
Employee Discount Benefits vs. none
Vehicle Safety equipment & rating
Vehicle anti-theft equipment (alarm, LoJack, GPS tracker, etc)
Misc. Insurance "fluff"

And I'm sure there's some other criteria I missed...

For instance you could compare my rates against another individual with similar stats in same area of NJ and they may have higher rates (or lower) than me or vise versa...

Best thing to do - SHOP AROUND, don't settle with first quote, ever. Compare agencies and the SAME criteria against others, pros vs. cons, etc... I'd bet you'll even find a cheaper rate than what you have been quoted already.

Tips:
1) The higher the deductibles you chose, it decreases your annual premiums. Think about it this way, how many claims have you had to make in the past? If the answer is none, raise your deductibles up a notch. If you're accident prone or just have shitty luck - disregard this one... :)

2) In some states, LoJack or GPS tracking equipment lowers your theft premium by a minimum of 10% and a maximum of 25%. I know for a fact in NJ the max allowable discount for LoJack is 25% due being an owner of it. That's a decent annual savings and it pays for the equipment over the course of ownership.

3) if you already have a towing service you pay for annually (such as Triple A), don't opt for it in your insurance - you're paying twice.

4) if you already can get Gap Insurance through your Ins. Co., don't get it through financing at your Dealer (and vise versa) - again don't pay twice.

5) if you can bundle your insurance policies (renters, homeowners, life + auto) you may qualify for bigger discount on auto.

6) rental car options or any other insurance "fluff" - if you are already covered by such on another type of plan - don't pay for it again.

Good luck!
I'm an agent and everything he said is spot on. Don't forget about credit. It's a factor with most companies in most states too.

Souldriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 - Guard GT Prem. PP
WTF.... that's awful. How old are you if you don't mind my asking and how long have you been driving/had auto insurance?

Also it was only slightly more expensive for me to insure this car than a 2016 Silverado I was looking at as well.

27 and have been driving constantly since 17. Gieco put some of my sisters accidents on my record so when i swiched off of them they showed up higher and i would stay with geico. These have since been removed through along process and through the DMV.

I have one car (if i add another it added about $100 to my premium) do not own a house, am a single male and ive shopped around every 6 months. I do keep full insurance on my car and putting my deductables higher made only a few dollars difference. The $1k was quoted for the 2016 gt PP i ordered. I now pay $750 every 6 months for my 2007 gt and thats with all discounts and defensive driving courses. The only thing i can think of is the credit thing, i had great credit and impressive records but when i closed my latest loan (payed jt off early) my credit score immediatly went straight to 0. I didnt have any credit cards at the time and only figured this all out once i applied to see what i would get a loan for the new car. I was expecting 1.89% but when they gave me 6.9% (which was higher than when i applied years ago with no credit) i dug deeper and got hit with that bomb. Its the reward i get for nkt owing money and paying things off i guess.

I go search straight through the insurance websites and through my friends agency who shops around for people. Its rediculous and is insane and i can do nothing about it besides not have a car. My sister moved from delewre back to ny and refuses to change her plates and license due to the insurance. Its borderline fraud imho and its profiling to the highest.

shahram72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shahram
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 auto Foundry pkg.
State Farm quoted me cheaper than my RL to insure a V6 mustang, now that I got the car they are charging me a lot more. pissed.
Sponsored