UPRSteve

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.uprproducts.com
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
I just wanted to go over the install of the ROUSH front lower grille, splitter, and Aero pockets on the 2018 Mustang. This kit will fit any 18 model front bumper (non shelby.) The directions from ROUSH for the splitter and grille are very straight forward and easy to do.

2n8wrjp.jpg

If you are like me, videos always help. Bill from CJ Pony parts released a video of this install as well. I did watch it and it had some helpful tips and with a good visionual persective of this.

Here are the install videos for installing it how ROUSH recommends.

Bumper install found here: [ame]

Aero Scoops install video found here: [ame]

Now..........

I want to add a couple things I did different to help it fit with the stock belly pan (it's designed for a PP) and with NO DRILLING into the bumper for the Aero scoops.

I'm not going to go over the removal of the bumper because it is pretty straight forward and nothing special on it. But once you take it off, you will want to remove the stock belly pan then the stock front splitter.

20ggpk9.jpg

vhs2e1.jpg

au9udj.jpg

Once you have these off, pop off the grille bracket than the bottom stock grille. (be careful you do not break the tabs) Once you have that off, take the ROUSH lower grille and from the outside, slide it in till it sits in place and push the clips back on. Because the bumper is a poly material, it can flex which will allow you to have wiggle room and the grille fits. We found this easier to do and fell right into place.

20k2mba.jpg

1qqypw.jpg

Aftet this is on, install the ROUSH splitter with the provided hardware and bolts. You will press / clip it on. With one person holding, have another person installing the bolts on the backside.

kcytmg.jpg

34gnazq.jpg

s41hyh.jpg

Now.... once you have that all done. You can do the Aero scoops. With this... The directions make you drill 8 holes in the front bumper. Me though, always wants to have the option of removing if need be. So myself and a couple others figured out a way You are going to need to cut the 3 tabs off the side of the scoop and the bolt hole on the front of it.

Make sure its flush with the rest of the scoop so it installs straight. Once you have done this. Use the double sided tape they provided as per the instructions but then add more around every part that will connect to the car.

6iha8n.jpg

(the photo only has a couple strips on it and I would do a couple test runs to see what parts contact the bumper so you have enough.

Their will be a triangle bracket with this kit which is for the backside of the scoop. This bracket you will use like the ROUSH instructions say. You will drill a hole into the factory plastic as shown below

2retabr.jpg

Then attach the bracket to the scoop. Make sure to do like 50 dry-runs to make sure everything is straight.

33ncd3b.jpg

Once you screw the backet onto the back side, make sure everything still lines up, check again, then check again. Once you have it in place, remove the red tape backing and push firmly onto the bumper. (make sure its not cold so the tape can stick) Then boom.. Scoop is installed.

2j1tlog.jpg

NEXT.........

When installing the front bumper back on. You will reuse all the factory holes on the belly pan except the 2 that are to the outside by the fender. You will need to make a braket, zip tie, or something to attach them.

The front lip has side panels that go up the fender. YOu do have to drill one hole for the top of it but the bottom 2 use the factory push-pin holes. This is straight forward with installing per ROUSH and the CJ Pony video. If you are lowered or a large tire, it will hit this panel on bumps or hard turns. As shown here:

j5zf9c.jpg

But this is a simple fix. All you have to do is trim the panel down as shown below.

34zlvzs.jpg

You will cut just a small section off of it on each side. As shown here

f0dbpz.jpg

2w732c6.jpg

28b8u2d.jpg

Once you have this trimmed, go ahead an install them per the ROUSH instructions and you are good to go.

Final product:

erju4z.jpg

ih6r2c.jpg

The point of this was to just show a easier way to install the front bumper aero scoops and to trim the side panels so they do not rub. If you follow the directions ROUSH gives you or the CJ video, everything can be installed no problem.

Another note.. ROUSH includes a bracket that mounts behind the bumper that will attach the frame to the middle of the front bumper to give it extra stability. This is like the rods people put on the outside with a splitter. This is heavy duty and I commend them 100% for this! :cheers:

Thanks for taking the time to read this. But remember... the ROUSH scoops can be installed without drilling into the bumper itself.
Sponsored

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
A much needed front end mod for the '18+

El_Jefe_302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 BOSS 302
Looks great! reminds me of the PP2 splitter but more aggresive

OP
OP
UPRSteve

UPRSteve

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.uprproducts.com
Vehicle(s)
15 GT

Sponsored

OP
OP
UPRSteve

UPRSteve

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.uprproducts.com
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
Here are some photos I had taken now that we had a day without rain.

9qw9dk.jpg

2s0oa2x.jpg

s550stprmtrooper

s550StormTrooper
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT
Was a pretty easy install. And best of all, no one got hurt.

Enchilada

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Just my opinion. ...I like the size and shape of the splitter, but the ROUSH letters ruin it for me. Also prefer the factory side pockets.

Rc18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
6mt-rc-18eb
Vehicle Showcase
Interesting

Just my opinion. ...I like the size and shape of the splitter, but the ROUSH letters ruin it for me. Also prefer the factory side pockets.
See I agree about the inset letters kinda ruining it. But I think the side pockets ad a ton of aggression to the look:headbang:
But I don't like the ad on side pieces for the front splitter nor roushs hood vents. Especially don't like the fact you need the pp shroud to make this work right either:tsk:

OP
OP
UPRSteve

UPRSteve

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.uprproducts.com
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
See I agree about the inset letters kinda ruining it. But I think the side pockets ad a ton of aggression to the look:headbang:
But I don't like the ad on side pieces for the front splitter nor roushs hood vents. Especially don't like the fact you need the pp shroud to make this work right either:tsk:

Well, it was built for a production car which they use the Performance Pack and not the base. You can purchase the belly pan and do it as ROUSH shows with their instructions if you want it to be 'factory'. This was to show it was done on a base setup and its only 2 holes that do not line up. You actually do not have to drill anything on the base pan over the PP one too though so it is easier with the base.

Sponsored

Rash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Magnetic/Showstopper Red, 401A, Active Exhaust
I wonder what those side pockets would look like painted to match the body color.

Rc18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
6mt-rc-18eb
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you.

Well, it was built for a production car which they use the Performance Pack and not the base. You can purchase the belly pan and do it as ROUSH shows with their instructions if you want it to be 'factory'. This was to show it was done on a base setup and its only 2 holes that do not line up. You actually do not have to drill anything on the base pan over the PP one too though so it is easier with the base.
That's valuable first hand installation information man. :thumbsup:
Now who is stock piling all those performance pack level 1 lips:cheers:

SonnySoMoney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2018 GT
Excellent work! I appreciate the mods to the wheel canards. I installed this on my non-pp car a few weeks back and have been experiencing the same rubbing you had. Gonna have to get out the dremel. Hopefully I can do it without uninstalling the canards as mine were a pain to install.

OP
OP
UPRSteve

UPRSteve

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.uprproducts.com
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
I wouldn't call them canards as they are not putting real downforce on the front end.

But yeah. You will have to remove them. When installing, Always start at the top and work your way down. A lot easier to line them up. Post pictures!

SonnySoMoney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2018 GT
I wouldn't call them canards as they are not putting real downforce on the front end.

But yeah. You will have to remove them. When installing, Always start at the top and work your way down. A lot easier to line them up. Post pictures!
I see what you're saying about the word canard, but that's what they call them in the instructions! :shrug:

Sucks to take those off. I don't think I did a great job on the top part when drilling the wheel liner hole. It took a lot of effort to get those 3 bolts to all line up, so I'm not excited to try it again! Anyhow, I appreciate the input!:cheers:
Here's some pics:
2BD34832-50BC-467C-8F0D-BDEF92B6D7F7.jpeg
FB06433B-77CC-4E49-B003-6C42CA36BA57.jpeg
0D49E101-DE35-4BC7-BEDD-432E97063A76.jpeg
484FF89A-CAAF-4028-9E48-206DED2315FA.jpeg
6955FB4C-2129-4D01-960D-C99616AA5953.jpeg
Sponsored