Sponsored

In-ceiling surround sound system

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
Would like to add a simple surround sound to my living room, sometimes I feel like the Samsung TV's speakers are lacking. Don't want anything crazy, just a receiver and maybe 4 speakers to put 2 above the TV and 2 behind the sofa in the ceiling.
Sponsored

SR56

Threads
Reaction score
Website
seanrooney.realtor
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Look at Goldenear. They've got some great in ceiling stuff.

OP
OP
SolarFlare

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
I'll take a look today thanks.

EDIT: I looked into Goldenear and thats just flat out out of my budget lol!

Last edited:
OP
OP
SolarFlare

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Would like to add a simple surround sound to my living room, sometimes I feel like the Samsung TV's speakers are lacking. Don't want anything crazy, just a receiver and maybe 4 speakers to put 2 above the TV and 2 behind the sofa in the ceiling.
You may want to think about hiding a subwoofer somewhere and a center channel so it's at least 5.1 system. Plenty of decent in-ceiling speakers - installation and wiring is where most of the work is. Look at Yamaha's at Amazon.

Sponsored

Zodiac

Sarcasm Personified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Charger R/T Scat Pack
Of course TV speakers are lacking. TV speakers suck.

Like kz said you definitely want to add a center channel speaker at the minimum and would highly recommend a subwoofer as well.

CompO5.sl0w

GTFO_0021
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trevor
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/PP / 2015 Jeep Rubicon
Maybe a little pricey but I love my Sonos 5.1 system. 2 Rear Play:1 's, 1 Playbar, and Sub . Took literally 15 minutes start up and setup using my WiFi as the link.

OP
OP
SolarFlare

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT

murphy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
As a Project Manager at integrityaudiovideo.com , I gotta strongly recommend against in ceiling front speakers. This audio set up is not ideal and just remember, the audio is 50% of the experience. If you are on a budget, I always recommend spending the most you can afford on a quality receiver now , as the receiver is the heart of the system and buying quality now will last for years to come thus saving you from having to buy another one in a few years, and buy speakers later. If space is an issue and floorstanding or bookshelf speakers are not an option, there are many great sounding in wall speakers that image very well and so therefore a center channel is not needed but a subwoofer is recommended.
I understand wanting to do it all at once but if you do it in steps with what you can afford, a $500 Yamaha system on Amazon will only be satisfactory while I (just using me as an example) could sell you a receiver and a 4.1 system for less than $1500 that will sound 100x better. Remember, you get what you pay for and you don't want to skimp on the audio while watching a hi-def tv. Just food for thought.

OP
OP
SolarFlare

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
As a Project Manager at integrityaudiovideo.com , I gotta strongly recommend against in ceiling front speakers. This audio set up is not ideal and just remember, the audio is 50% of the experience. If you are on a budget, I always recommend spending the most you can afford on a quality receiver now , as the receiver is the heart of the system and buying quality now will last for years to come thus saving you from having to buy another one in a few years, and buy speakers later. If space is an issue and floorstanding or bookshelf speakers are not an option, there are many great sounding in wall speakers that image very well and so therefore a center channel is not needed but a subwoofer is recommended.
I understand wanting to do it all at once but if you do it in steps with what you can afford, a $500 Yamaha system on Amazon will only be satisfactory while I (just using me as an example) could sell you a receiver and a 4.1 system for less than $1500 that will sound 100x better. Remember, you get what you pay for and you don't want to skimp on the audio while watching a hi-def tv. Just food for thought.
So you recommend going with wall mounted speakers with a good quality receiver.

Sponsored

murphy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Most on wall speakers are the satellite type and will sound accordingly depending on the speaker. For example, we are a GoldenEar dealer and while the Sat3 does sound good, a Sat50 is more ideal for front speakers. Now some bookshelf type speakers can be hung on the wall but for aesethic reasons, not recommended. For the best sound performance and floor space is an issue, I would do an in wall front speaker.

OP
OP
SolarFlare

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
Most on wall speakers are the satellite type and will sound accordingly depending on the speaker. For example, we are a GoldenEar dealer and while the Sat3 does sound good, a Sat50 is more ideal for front speakers. Now some bookshelf type speakers can be hung on the wall but for aesethic reasons, not recommended. For the best sound performance and floor space is an issue, I would do an in wall front speaker.
I won't drop that much money on goldenear, I'm sure it's good but pricey. So no speakers on top or back? Just do in wall behind the TV aimed at us?
Sponsored