Sponsored

Impulse buy: stripes! Optional/factory style vinyl GT stripe kit going on. Any advice?

MRGTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6spd base
I just saw this kit on sale for ~$180 shipped and I thought....why not? They look pretty much right on compared to the factory stripes...Every time I see an '18 body style Mustang with these stripes, it turns my head. So, we'll see how much I actually like them on my own car. The price was right but I've never heard of this company before. I just hope the cuts are precise.

Has anyone used this company before?

https://www.autographicspro.com/201...Y-Vinyl-Graphics-Wide-Hood-Decals_p_1718.html

I did some Abarth door stripes on my buddy's Fiat 500 Abarth and I did some faux RTR stripes on my car a couple years back (but didn't keep them long). They all came out great and I think I have the basics down but the full body stripe is going to be a lot more involved.

Has anyone attempted one of these kits? How did it go? I've got a heat gun, a plastic squeegee, plenty of windex....what else do I need? Any advice is welcome.

FWIW, I'm going gloss white over my Kona blue. :D

Here’s my last attempt with a Big Worm Graphics kit…
IMG_2448.jpeg
IMG_2446.jpeg
IMG_2449.jpeg
Sponsored

OP
OP
MRGTX

MRGTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All done. I still have plenty of work to do with the heat gun and a pin to get rid of some tiny water bubbles that I didn’t totally squeegee out.

I’m not going to lie, this took a long time for me. Applying stripes and getting them straight and centered is way harder than it looks.

That said, it’s yet one more project that I’ve done for myself on this car without paying for someone else to have all the fun. I feel some pride about that.

IMG_2529.jpeg

OP
OP
MRGTX

MRGTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Question for you guys: How standard are these stripe kits? As far as I can tell, these are exact copies of the factory stripes...but I guess I don't know that for sure.

Has anyone ever mixed/matched kits?

I'm asking because I noticed that my roof stripe is ever so slightly off-center. I doubt anyone else would ever notice but it's bugging me! :D

I'd rather not buy a whole new $180 kit but that company doesn't sell partials...I can get a better deal elsewhere even if I have do to buy a whole new kit from someone else... The rest came out great and I'd really rather not have to do the whole thing again....
Sponsored