F1-R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aliek "D12"
Vehicle(s)
16' GT350 AG Track P. w/ blk OTT stripes/b. roof
Passion for Shelbys

I appreciate your comments and can tell you that I was in Columbus, Ohio this past weekend as it was the MCA Grand National Mustang show and Ford Performance had a 2016 White R model on display.

I talked Rodney (FP) into firing up the R model and after a short warm up he revved up the engine in both normal and short mode. Under sport mode this car sounds absolutely incredible. You and many others of us are going to have a fantastic sounding automobile and will have everything else and more to back it up from a performance standpoint.

From a personal standpoint I really like your choice of color and options. I chose 2 black Shelbys one with stripes and one without stripes just as you have. Had I not gone with black my next choice would have been a Race Red with no stripes and no painted roof just as you have. I have been and will always be a Black and Red guy when it comes to cars.

Keep us all posted as to when your car arrives and hopefully you can post some pictures of your Race Red Shelby?

:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Yes Sir, that is big affirmative. I will start uploading as soon as I can. Good reason to finally start using my GoPro camera too :ford:
Sponsored

bretlasalle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350R
I, too, am a relatively young guy. I'm 27, got a bit lucky with my efforts in the last downturn and make an unreasonably large salary. Also helps that my fiance makes six figures. I paid $5k over for the GT350 because I wanted the car before 2017 (when I will likely trade it in for the new Raptor) and because I think the car is a bargain. If Ford released the base MSRP $5k higher, I would have thought it was a bargain - so I feel lucky to be living in the Bay Area and only paying $5k over for a 2016 that I can option out exactly how I want it. I had a chance at a 2015 white/blue stripes tech car, but they got $50k over - my biggest offer (that I probably would not have gone through with) was $30k over.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
I, too, am a relatively young guy. I'm 27, got a bit lucky with my efforts in the last downturn and make an unreasonably large salary. Also helps that my fiance makes six figures. I paid $5k over for the GT350 because I wanted the car before 2017 (when I will likely trade it in for the new Raptor) and because I think the car is a bargain. If Ford released the base MSRP $5k higher, I would have thought it was a bargain - so I feel lucky to be living in the Bay Area and only paying $5k over for a 2016 that I can option out exactly how I want it. I had a chance at a 2015 white/blue stripes tech car, but they got $50k over - my biggest offer (that I probably would not have gone through with) was $30k over.
Wow, another young person in their 20's that is purchasing one of these new 2016 Shelby GT350!

For some reason I did not give much thought to young people in their 20's purchasing these GT350's but obviously some are heading in that direction which is great.

Having said that I hope that there are many more young people out there that have the means and mostly the desire and the passion to own one of these great Shelby GT350's?

I wonder what the age will be for the youngest owner of a 2016 Shelby GT350?

With respect to your upcoming GT350 I am sure that you will certainly enjoy your new ride and hope that you keep your car a little longer than a year as indicated in your post?

Had I known about your interest in a 2015 I would have forwarded you to a friend and fellow Mustang enthusiast as he had or maybe still have an extra 2015 for sale?

bretlasalle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350R
Wow, another young person in their 20's that is purchasing one of these new 2016 Shelby GT350!

For some reason I did not give much thought to young people in their 20's purchasing these GT350's but obviously some are heading in that direction which is great.

Having said that I hope that there are many more young people out there that have the means and mostly the desire and the passion to own one of these great Shelby GT350's?

I wonder what the age will be for the youngest owner of a 2016 Shelby GT350?

With respect to your upcoming GT350 I am sure that you will certainly enjoy your new ride and hope that you keep your car a little longer than a year as indicated in your post?

Had I known about your interest in a 2015 I would have forwarded you to a friend and fellow Mustang enthusiast as he had or maybe still have an extra 2015 for sale?

Thank you for the introduction offer - any chance I can ask you to PM me with their contact info so I can see if they still have a 2015?

I think that I will love the GT350, but I don't plan on keeping it forever - I bought the Boss 302 planning to keep it forever. My plan (before ever driving the GT350) is to drive it daily for as long as I can stand it and then let someone else have it. These cars are meant to be driven and the unfortunate reality is I've been driving the Boss way less than I thought I would. The GT350 would just suffer the same fate if I kept it. Hopefully a buddy of mine will want it and I will be able to sell it to them for a fair price.

enzo101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Garrett
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
I love hearing these stories!!! It's great to see many people in their 20's owning such a fantastic car. I'm 22 and already know that most will see it as "Oh it's his dad's car" or " Mommy and daddy are buying his love." They can judge all they want but the bottom line is I worked for it and I'm paying for it and dammit I will enjoy it!!!! People will hate no matter what so I might as well give them something nice to look at. I'd love to hear how many other younger owners there will be. :ford::cheers:

Sponsored

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Thank you for the introduction offer - any chance I can ask you to PM me with their contact info so I can see if they still have a 2015?

I think that I will love the GT350, but I don't plan on keeping it forever - I bought the Boss 302 planning to keep it forever. My plan (before ever driving the GT350) is to drive it daily for as long as I can stand it and then let someone else have it. These cars are meant to be driven and the unfortunate reality is I've been driving the Boss way less than I thought I would. The GT350 would just suffer the same fate if I kept it. Hopefully a buddy of mine will want it and I will be able to sell it to them for a fair price.
All sounds good and I suggest that both of us will really enjoy these new GT350's!

As far as the 2015 GT350, let me check and see if the car is still available or already has been sold after which time I will PM you my findings?

:cheers:

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack

Im just two years out of my 20s, but yeah, from this area there are quite a few very well off young folks. If you have a decent tech/finance/professional job and bought a house during the down turn, most likely in very good shape with decent disposable income.

My friends are telling me im too young to have a mid-life crisis weekend car :lol:

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
I paid 5k over MSRP for the 2001 E46 M3 when it first came out. Beverly HIlls BMW wanted $20k over MSRP for a 01 E46 M3, I wanted one so bad. Not to mention I just sold my 98 SVT Cobra and needed a car. I bought from a dealer some 100 miles away and in the scheme of things got a good deal when considering what others had to pay to get into a brand new E46 M3 when they first came out.

However, I won't do it again. Literally within 2 years it was possible to get into a E46 M3 for just $750 over invoice...learned my lesson. Patience is a virtue.

Dave

M5944

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Base Race Red no Stripes
I just turned 20 three weeks ago. I have been saving for I while now. I was originaly looking at getting a clk black series but they are few and far between and I wanted a manual. I have always been a ford fan but I was looking for something that was made for the back roads rather then drag strip. I scored a MSRP deal with a local dealer for a RR base GT350 no stripe and no black roof. I am very thankful for all of the great information I get from this forum. Life is too short to drive boring cars. I will be hanging on to this one.

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
I paid 5k over MSRP for the 2001 E46 M3 when it first came out. Beverly HIlls BMW wanted $20k over MSRP for a 01 E46 M3, I wanted one so bad. Not to mention I just sold my 98 SVT Cobra and needed a car. I bought from a dealer some 100 miles away and in the scheme of things got a good deal when considering what others had to pay to get into a brand new E46 M3 when they first came out.

However, I won't do it again. Literally within 2 years it was possible to get into a E46 M3 for just $750 over invoice...learned my lesson. Patience is a virtue.

Dave
In fairness BMW did produce alot alot alot more e46 M3's... so for now, the new Shelby will be in lower numbers hence demand may exceed supply for at least a year.

From bmwmregistry.com
ECE M3 coupe (LHD): 16,038 examples produced from 09/00 through 05/06
ECE M3 coupe (RHD): 12,510 examples produced from 02/01 through 05/06
NA M3 coupe (LHD): 26,202 examples produced from 02/01 through 05/06
ECE M3 convertible (LHD): 4,822 examples produced from 02/01 through 08/06
ECE M3 convertible (RHD): 7,234 examples produced from 04/01 through 08/06
NA M3 convertible (LHD): 17,577 examples produced from 03/01 through 08/06
ECE M3 CSL coupe (LHD): 823 examples produced from 5/03 through 12/03*
ECE M3 CSL coupe (RHD): 535 examples produced from 6/03 through 12/03**
* in addition to 18 pre-production prototypes
**in addition to 7 pre-production prototypes

Sponsored

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
I just turned 20 three weeks ago. I have been saving for I while now. I was originaly looking at getting a clk black series but they are few and far between and I wanted a manual. I have always been a ford fan but I was looking for something that was made for the back roads rather then drag strip. I scored a MSRP deal with a local dealer for a RR base GT350 no stripe and no black roof. I am very thankful for all of the great information I get from this forum. Life is too short to drive boring cars. I will be hanging on to this one.
Congratulations and pretty cool for a person just having turned 20 to have one of these great cars!

Many decades ago when I had just turned 20 I owned a '67 Mercury Cougar at the time.

Your 2016 Shelby GT350 certainly is a lot more car than I could afford at the time so I hope you appreciate how fortunate you are to own such a great vehicle?

Interesting to note that another person in his 20's has ordered a Race Red GT350. Obviously you and the others all like the same color and certainly a favorite of mine.

5.0 435

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
.07 Shelby SGT #0016 ...18 GT PP1 manual
My boss gets the worst gas mileage on the planet. I would never use this car as a DD. You just can't drive it slow. I imagine the GT 350 will be the same. Great toy but not a DD.

5.0 435

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
.07 Shelby SGT #0016 ...18 GT PP1 manual
You are 20 and you think life is short. You are right it is.

Magpul

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Sierra AT 4x4
Be careful. I had an STi at 18 and I did stupid shit with that car, and it isn't nearly as capable stock as the GT350 is. Respect the power of the car and other drivers on the road and you will live to see 21+.

teamz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Congratulations and pretty cool for a person just having turned 20 to have one of these great cars!

Many decades ago when I had just turned 20 I owned a '67 Mercury Cougar at the time.

Your 2016 Shelby GT350 certainly is a lot more car than I could afford at the time so I hope you appreciate how fortunate you are to own such a great vehicle?

Interesting to note that another person in his 20's has ordered a Race Red GT350. Obviously you and the others all like the same color and certainly a favorite of mine.

I'm 32 and I have ordered a GT350 tech magnetic black roof black stripes. I've been dreaming of this car for many years. I too decided to pass on the GT500 and go for this one. She will get her own temperature controlled garage and an alarm system added to each door in the garage. I plan on keeping her and down the road add some more shelbys next to her. Thanks to a great job the ADM didn't bother me. Everything comes at a price, including being front of line and one of the few.
Sponsored