I would like to.....

Old Car Guy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Tech Pack. AG Black Roof Black Stripes G3597
I would like to, trade my GT350 Tech pack in on a NEW 2017 GT350 Convenience package GT350. What would be a fair offer on my 350 with 1800 miles on, it, with lots of EXPEL on the car, I would like some advice if you guys can help on this, I'm not asking for the moon on the car but a fair price, and yes I know it's a used car. Any help would be appreciated on this. :cheers: :thumbsup: John

Or any other advice you can help me with ........THANKS JOHN

The car is a Avalanche gray with a black roof option black stripes. :thumbsup:
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Old Car Guy

Old Car Guy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
I would like to, trade my GT350 Tech pack in on a NEW 2017 GT350 Convenience package GT350. What would be a fair offer on my 350 with 1800 miles on, tread in with lots of EXPEL on the car, I would like some advice if you guys can help on this, I'm not asking for the moon on the car but a fair price, and yes I know it's a used car. Any help would be appreciated on this. :cheers: :thumbsup: John

Come on guys a little help on this would be appreciated a fair tread on the new 2017

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach 1, '16 F-150, '14 Fiesta ST, '14 Audi A7
Sorry to say, but you're not going to see anything extra for the PPF if you trade it into a dealer. If the install is good, you might get a little extra out of it private party, but don't expect more than about a $1k bump.

I'd expect low $50s on trade-in. You could maybe private sell it for $55k. The market is rapidly moving against '16 Tech cars, so sooner is better.

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP
Old Car Guy

Old Car Guy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Sorry to say, but you're not going to see anything extra for the PPF if you trade it into a dealer. If the install is good, you might get a little extra out of it private party, but don't expect more than about a $1k bump.

I'd expect low $50s on trade-in. You could maybe private sell it for $55k. The market is rapidly moving against '16 Tech cars, so sooner is better.

Ok thanks they offered 55k and I can get the 2017 at 1k over Suggested retail price. Thanks John

No or a Yes...... You're not gonna hurt my feelings, im to damn old to get my feelings hurt! Thank John...

Sponsored

Blue Raptor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZL1 1LE, GT350, Ford RS, F350 Dually, Explorer
I would like to, trade my GT350 Tech pack in on a NEW 2017 GT350 Convenience package GT350. What would be a fair offer on my 350 with 1800 miles on, tread in with lots of EXPEL on the car, I would like some advice if you guys can help on this, I'm not asking for the moon on the car but a fair price, and yes I know it's a used car. Any help would be appreciated on this. :cheers: :thumbsup: John

Unfortunately, a Tech car is not preferred so I think if you got MSRP - $5k you would be lucky. I think the only way I would consider the upgrade would be if the buying dealership agreed to pure MSRP on the new 17. Just my 2 cents.

geb78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350R
55k seems fair, what's your our of pocket between 55k and 1k over 2017? I'd be looking at that number and see if you're comfortable with that. Factor in you might have to put the aftermarket cooler when available on the 16 and the cost to trade up may not be that bad.

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Ok thanks they offered 55k and I can get the 2017 at 1k over Suggested retail price. Thanks John

No or a Yes...... You're not gonna hurt my feelings, im to damn old to get my feelings hurt! Thank John...
That's a really good trade offer at this point and the ADM is low. That's basically exactly what my deal was, just slightly shifted. $54k in, $60k out. Granted mine had 5k miles on it.

Take it and run!

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
Won't you also get a sales tax offset advantage for trading in?

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
Take that deal. Private party you will be low 50s. The ADMs inflated the resale value by the fall the market will correct

Sponsored

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
I'd do it too.... the now-standard Track Pack items for MY2017 boosts its value proposition even more.

Try to get an extra $500 on the trade-in. Say that it if they do it then you will sign the papers... even if they don't then at least you played all your cards. ;)

CobraO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang Fastback
The '16 Tech being the problem child largely exits for the enthusiast market like we have here at the forum. People that research like crazy, track the cars, understand their limits, etc.

There also exists what I would guess a much larger group of people that just want the cool car factor, the tech gadgets, leather seats, etc. People that will likely never track the car and won't miss the coolers.

Anyway, I'd go for that deal at 55 and get them to give up on the '17 ADM. Take the tax advantage for the trade in.

xt6wagon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 base triple yellow
The '16 Tech being the problem child largely exits for the enthusiast market like we have here at the forum. People that research like crazy, track the cars, understand their limits, etc.

There also exists what I would guess a much larger group of people that just want the cool car factor, the tech gadgets, leather seats, etc. People that will likely never track the car and won't miss the coolers.

Anyway, I'd go for that deal at 55 and get them to give up on the '17 ADM. Take the tax advantage for the trade in.
yah, I was surprised that the resale guides list the tech and track packs. Be funny if the few base owners got a free $7K in resale cause of the typical poor research.
Sponsored