Sponsored

I wonder if we’ll ever see another GT350 type Mustang from Ford

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Good to know. Is it just an on-going license or do they renew/decline for each generation?

Or, put another way, does it cover Shelby models produced by Ford starting at S197 and go in perpetuity covering future models? So Ford can use it in any model year, but they’re paying whether they use it or not?
More of a reservation I guess. There is they want to use it but they do have to pay when they do. If they are not going to use them I would hope Shelby American would use them
Sponsored

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
I'm with you (and the old man yelling at clouds is spot on). I'm 36 and prefer the Tuner focused shows over classic/muscle car shows anyday. The former have an actual vibe. The latter often look like a church basement get-together following a funeral. There's plenty of Mustang enthusiasts around me and in my age group....they just don't hang on the forums here. The younger crowds absolutely love cars, particularly the JDM tuner ones, and show enthusiasm over anything with a gasoline engine.

Odd, our group prefers ass in the seat time over any show
It's probably more of a result of old people saying obnoxious shit like this that makes young people not want to be around them. Same as every generation prior throughout history. There are plenty of young people who enjoy cars, just not the people associated with them.
This goes two ways as the youth keep referring to "boomers" as if it were a bad thing. That being said, we need to foster the hobby, all of us. My grandson was hooked on Mustang after a few rides at Blackhawk farms.

Let's face it, we are a dying breed. I was born in 1965 and am now 59. The enthusiasts of the muscle car era all all in their 70's and 80's.. Ford is not going to keep marketing to that demographic. I'm just hoping my right shoulder and left leg hold out so I can drive a manual into my 80's ... LOL>...
Ford does that at its own peril. Harley Davidson said it best, We will not stop marketing to the older crowd but, will market to both groups. As a rule, premium Mustangs are not sold to the younger crowd while the long time enthusiast rarely buys a base model. I said as much to the Ford Performance manager and he agreed. Was he sincere? Don't know

Shelby, while not saying Ford would be producing either a 350 or a 500 hinted it was not out of the realm possibilities.

Any one person at Ford who says Ford wont do this or that is expressing an opinion and not fact. Unless you talk to Farley

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I think if Ford were to put out a Shelby Mustang with all of the ipad screens, tech, and electric/hybrid that would be the end for me.. sorry.
Go sit in on the 7th gen forums.. already filled with posts of electronic bugs and cars not running because of some computer panel or faulty module.
I'm all for progress and hybrid vehicles for utilitarian purposes such as commuters, amazon delivery, public transport, etc etc.
But this whole idea of forcing EV down our throats is just
That‘s interesting. I got EXACTLY the same story at the same dealership (longtime salesman’s name “B”) a little over a year ago when I was considering just a base 911 instead of a Mach 1. Worst part is, I was referred by my best friend who is literally one of their best long-standing customers. He always keeps three current year 911s with three more replacements on order so they’ll be availiable when his reach one year maturity. Plus, he always keeps two dedicated track cars and one DD for his son. He always trades his back in so they can make a double whammy. Point is, no better intro would be possible yet I was clearly and politely told that I’d need to buy a couple Cayennes and a garden variety Boxster or two over time to even be considered for the 911 list. He was a nice guy and I actually appreciated his honesty. In calling around to smaller dealers in neighboring states I got a similar story but in a way even worse. They said they were under credible threat from the Porsche mothership not to sell a new car to a non-local resident and in fact would not do so.

This has long been the Ferrari new car sales model but I hate seeing Porsche joining the trend.

So I took my money and grabbed a couple of Mach 1s. Turns out it was the right call.

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
1714464433869-yb.gif

Sorry - couldn’t help myself. You guys were making me laugh.

FWIW - as a somewhat younger guy (33), most younger guys I know buying mustangs just aren’t on forums like this. They’re on different platforms.

mustangs are fairly expensive to mod these days. At the track, most of the racers that are younger are in cheaper cars that they’ve built up - Toyotas, Hondas, Subarus, etc.

One thing I think is fairly clear, my age group is in love with the cars we grew up watching on tv - supras, evos, s200s, STIs, GTRs, etc. so that’s what they’re buying now….ir the lower trim versions of those JDM Cars. It makes sense older generations like muscle cars - yall grew up with them.

One thing I can tell you - I’d say at least half the people that ogle over my car at the track are kids. Personally - I think the younger generations are going to love modern day sports cars when they start driving. Everyone is bored of SUVs

and one final note - the car modding community is bigger than ever. There are tons of people that love gas powered cars. While the total number of options available will decrease, I think we’ll keep seeing them for the foreseeable future. But that’s just
My guess.
I've met "younger guys" (i'm 59) at track days and really enjoyed my conversations with them. All were polite, respectful, generally interested in my car as I was in theirs. Really have to temper the tendancy to group or sterotype any generation. I have a neighbor who is my age and owns a 1980 model porsche and a Tesla Ludacris. The Tesla is not my cup of tea- felt like I was on a ride at a theme park, but he likes it and I respect that. I do appreciate the fact that the young adult car enthusiasts want to drive their cars and not just show them. I'm not against Car Shows and if guys want to buy something to clean and polish that's fine. But I bought mine to drive it.. rock chips and all.
I don't like the EV agenda of cramming it down our throats, but they do have their place in regards to public transportation, heavily populated areas, amazon delivery trucks, etc..
The hybrids are a great compromise between the two.

526 HRSE

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Grabber Blue
Vehicle Showcase
This goes two ways as the youth keep referring to "boomers" as if it were a bad thing. That being said, we need to foster the hobby, all of us. My grandson was hooked on Mustang after a few rides at Blackhawk farms.

Ford does that at its own peril. Harley Davidson said it best, We will not stop marketing to the older crowd but, will market to both groups. As a rule, premium Mustangs are not sold to the younger crowd while the long time enthusiast rarely buys a base model. I said as much to the Ford Performance manager and he agreed. Was he sincere? Don't know

Shelby, while not saying Ford would be producing either a 350 or a 500 hinted it was not out of the realm possibilities.

Any one person at Ford who says Ford wont do this or that is expressing an opinion and not fact. Unless you talk to Farley
Eventually the younger crowd becomes the older crowd.

Sponsored

wingnutt

Threads
Reaction score
MN, FL, WI, MO, KY, TN, CO, TX, CA, WA, TX again
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
350R avalanche gray
LOL. Considering most driving schools don’t even teach it on a simulator anymore, I’m not surprised. I learned on a simulator and in my dad’s car. The driver’s ed class had long ditched their manual cars for the Ford Taurus. And this was almost 30 years ago now.
lol…did you say “simulator” 😂

my class (in the 80s) learned to drive by stealing the driver ed station wagon on the weekends and we had to Ro-sham-Bo to see who drove next 🥸

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT

my class (in the 80s) learned to drive by stealing the driver ed station wagon on the weekends and we had to Ro-sham-Bo to see who drove next 🥸
LOL yeah simulator. Not even remotely close to the real thing, it was laughable actually. Mid-90’s for me, so pretty much all the drivers ed cars were auto’s at that point (all Ford Taurus at my school).

Luckily my dad’s car was a manual, so he taught me in a real car. Learning to drive a manual in the snow in an empty parking lot was fun 🤭

My dad is back in a manual again after a long hiatus, so he’s going to teach my son this summer when he starts drivers ed. He’s better at teaching it than I am.

526 HRSE

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Grabber Blue
Vehicle Showcase

Our driver ed car was a Ford LTD.

1714675370703-ib.jpg

DopamineQuest

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 Carbonized Gray

LOL this reminds me of my drivers ed experience. It was the late 90's and my mom went out of town, I drove myself and the boys to drivers ed for a week with no license....What an idiot but man did I feel cool pulling up to the place lol

Sponsored
OP
OP
young at heart

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec
OP's driver ed car...

1714675535459-56.png
HA!

Cold shot dude, but pretty damn close!

It was actually some sort of an AMC 4-door sedan and had dual controls, I guess for the safety of all concerned.

526 HRSE

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Grabber Blue
Vehicle Showcase
HA!

Cold shot dude, but pretty damn close!

It was actually some sort of an AMC 4-door sedan and had dual controls, I guess for the safety of all concerned.
Lol, my dad had an AMC Concord. I believe it was 4 wheel drive.

UpACurb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R 2019 Roush F150 20 Explorer
I have shared this picture before and will share it again…

my 11 year old daughter hates Teslas … says cars without noise are boring …

I would also say that while many kids are not into classic muscle cars… go hit up an exotic car meet… TONS of kids drooling over cars that are slower then a Tesla Plaid when you think about it…

muscle cars used to be about cheap fun…cars that a high school student could afford…they are no longer that..

1000003129.jpeg

matthewr87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
I still don’t understand how that happened….
I used to be with ‘it’, but then they changed what ‘it’ was. Now what I’m with isn’t ‘it’ anymore and what’s ‘it’ seems weird and scary. It’ll happen to you!
Sponsored