Threads
Reaction score
Website
mymustang.ca
First Name
Rory
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang Coupe 2.3L High Performance + HP + 6M
My latest mod is upgrading the stock V6 front brakes to the 14" Rotors & 4 Piston Calipers from the GT Model. I like how they fill the wheel.
2015 Orange Mustang GT Brakes.jpg
2015 Orange Mustang GT Brakes 1.jpg
2015 Orange Mustang GT Brakes 2.jpg
Sponsored

Drugdealr

LOLKBYE
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sal
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
How hard was the install? What was need? I've been wanting to do this, but no write up has been thrown around.

Clarkson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clarkson
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6 Ingot Silver Manual
How does it feel and how much does it cost if you don't mind sharing.

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
Same questions here.... I will be replacing my front brakes soon and want a bit more stopping power.

OP
OP
Rorysbrown

Rorysbrown

Threads
Reaction score
Website
mymustang.ca
First Name
Rory
Vehicle(s)
I had my dealer do it for me, I don't have the time or tools to do it and I work 6 days a week. It is a very easy thing to do. About an hours labour. All the bolts and rear splash shields are the same. The calipers mount to the same 2 holes on the axle and bleeding of the brakes is required. Shelby American has brand new take-offs on eBay every week, they usually sell on auction between $310US - $380US. I'm just breaking in the brakes now so I can't say how they truly feel yet. Frankly, I real liked my stock brakes; I just like the look of these on the Foundry wheels. It is nice to say I have 4 Piston Calipers for the car shows I go to. In reality, it's adding more weight to the car and I'm not on the track to take advantage of these, so really, it is a waste of money. But it looks good.

Sponsored

plc268

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Race Red
I had my dealer do it for me, I don't have the time or tools to do it and I work 6 days a week. It is a very easy thing to do. About an hours labour. All the bolts and rear splash shields are the same. The calipers mount to the same 2 holes on the axle and bleeding of the brakes is required. Shelby American has brand new take-offs on eBay every week, they usually sell on auction between $310US - $380US. I'm just breaking in the brakes now so I can't say how they truly feel yet. Frankly, I real liked my stock brakes; I just like the look of these on the Foundry wheels. It is nice to say I have 4 Piston Calipers for the car shows I go to. In reality, it's adding more weight to the car and I'm not on the track to take advantage of these, so really, it is a waste of money. But it looks good.
More stopping power is always better, even if you're not tracking it. Not a waste of money and for the price they offer incredible braking for the money. :thumbsup:

daltron

Rowing All Day
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP

Hmm that's cheap...wonder what the conversion would be like for the rear of a GT.

OP
OP
Rorysbrown

Rorysbrown

Threads
Reaction score
Website
mymustang.ca
First Name
Rory
Vehicle(s)
The stock V6 are 2 Piston. The rears are the same for the base GT and V6.

Sponsored

USMC V6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 Premium 51A, GT 18"wheels, spoiler
My question is can you just change out the stock 2 pistion calipers for the GT 4 pistion calipers using the stock front brake disk?

OP
OP
Rorysbrown

Rorysbrown

Threads
Reaction score
Website
mymustang.ca
First Name
Rory
Vehicle(s)
My question is can you just change out the stock 2 pistion calipers for the GT 4 pistion calipers using the stock front brake disk?
No, the 14" rotor is required.

DR_

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
like a complete jerk
Couple of corrections. The rear of the GT is not the same. It has a thicker vented rotor, while the V6 has a solid. Also while the V6 front splash shields can be reused, they are not the same and don't cover the last half inch of the back of the rotor. Not that either of these matter but since the last two GT brake conversion threads have been moved to the suspension/brake forum I thought I would give that info here as well.

daltron

Rowing All Day
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
I think GT shares the same rear brake with us?
The stock V6 are 2 Piston. The rears are the same for the base GT and V6.
Couple of corrections. The rear of the GT is not the same. It has a thicker vented rotor, while the V6 has a solid. Also while the V6 front splash shields can be reused, they are not the same and don't cover the last half inch of the back of the rotor. Not that either of these matter but since the last two GT brake conversion threads have been moved to the suspension/brake forum I thought I would give that info here as well.
Sorry, I should have worded that better. I wonder what the conversion process is like to change out the rear GT brakes with the 4 piston base GT front calipers/rotors.

OP
OP
Rorysbrown

Rorysbrown

Threads
Reaction score
Website
mymustang.ca
First Name
Rory
Vehicle(s)
I'm confused as the Fordparts.com web site shows the rear calipers/rotors/back plates are the same? Or perhaps Canadian cars are the same as this was the search result of the parts using my Canadian car's serial number?
Rear Brake Calipers.jpg
Rear Brakes.jpg
Sponsored