Sponsored

I drove a 911 992 S yesterday and I genuinely think my 22 mustang gt is better!

agmattocks

Unstabled Mate
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
UMMC 026 - 2021 MACH 1 w/ handling package
i got into an 911 gt3 rs during an extreme experience and yes the GT PP1 can hang and the Mach 1 HP is even better. But the porsche got that look tho...
Sponsored

Ogopogo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Prem Vert, 2020 Mazda CX-5 GT Turb
Right??

Mustang better than 911 S? Hilarious...

clap.gif
I have heard of jokes before but this one takes the cake. A poorly built, cheap 22GT subject to quality issues is better than a 911S? I have a 22GT too but it was not for reason of quality, ride, performance or class. The 22GT is simply an inexpensive muscle car with a classic exhaust note.

furdfan2018

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I have heard of jokes before but this one takes the cake. A poorly built, cheap 22GT subject to quality issues is better than a 911S? I have a 22GT too but it was not for reason of quality, ride, performance or class. The 22GT is simply an inexpensive muscle car with a classic exhaust note.
Spot on.

Love my 18, but it's no P car thats for sure.

TonyT930

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Convertible in Ruby Red
The Porsche looks nice and has the cachet, but as soon as I started the engine I was like wtf, the exhaust had ZERO rumble.

it felt a bit more nimble, but the s550 with IRS is no slouch at handling either.

didnā€™t feel like it was any faster than my mustang.

I always thought Porsche 911 would be my dream car some day, but now Iā€™ve changed my mind.

honestly at this point Iā€™d rather have a c8 at half the price. I drove a c8 last year and it definitely felt how I expected it to. The Porsche was a disappointment.
I think I would prefer the C7 to the C8. The sound of the C8 is impotent at best

DadzMach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1
I'm sort of amazed.

A current 911 Turbo S remains my dream car.
For anyone that thinks the Mustang is even a close contender against a 911, especially a newer one, please give me some of what youā€™re taking.
The Mustang is a ā€œmuscleā€ car that can be made to handle really well, but that still doesnā€™t make it a sports car.
It seems that car magazines donā€™t think many people would cross shop a Mustang and a P Car, but I actually think itā€™s pretty common.
Iā€™ve owned multiple Mustangs, and loved them all, but, and this is a huge but, in no way and in no world can you compare the two cars. Not as a daily, track or weekend car. The Porsche is so just not even comparable. I owned several 911ā€™s, from 10-19 and I never once thought about comparing them or that I could replace a 911 (or my Cayman S) for a Mustang.

Itā€™s like saying I need a pickup to tow, carry and work out of, but I think Iā€™m going to buy a large car and be able to do the same thing and do it as well.

Sponsored

luca1290

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luca
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Mercedes A250 4Matic (W177)
Porsche, as almost everything coming from Germany, is just an overpriced car.

Sure, the fit and finish is better, the car is more refined but not 2.5 times refined, as the price would suggest.
My Merc will be the first and last German car I ever own, I can't complain on anything (nothing broke, zero problems whatsoever) but it's missing a soul. The same is true of every VW you can put your hands on. BMWs I wouldn't touch with a stick.

Also the latest Lamborghini are just rebranded VW (which is a shame, I think Ferruccio Lamborghini is turning in his grave, he would have much preferred to see his company bankrupt than his name on the latest abominations coming out from Sant'Agata Bolognese).

DadzMach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1
I think I would prefer the C7 to the C8. The sound of the C8 is impotent at best
Agree 100%, but I also preferred my C6 to my C7.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
It seems that car magazines donā€™t think many people would cross shop a Mustang and a P Car, but I actually think itā€™s pretty common.
It seems to be a pretty common next step for quite a few folks here. Appears that a good amount of folks here have both too.

DadzMach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1
It seems to be a pretty common next step for quite a few folks here. Appears that a good amount of folks here have both too.
I agree 100%. In fact a couple pages later said people donā€™t cross shop the two. As I said, I think many do.
I was always a Mustang Guy, still am. I always wanted a 911, dream car since I was in 4th grade, I think.
I think many people have the same dreams and thoughts, so I always thought it odd that car magazines didnā€™t think it was a car that was cross shopped. I think any car guy that has some money and into cars, if they are a Ford guy, wanted a Mustang and a P car.

526 HRSE

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Grabber Blue
Vehicle Showcase
I've had a couple of thoughts about replacing my gt350 with a 718 Cayman.

Sponsored

526 HRSE

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Grabber Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Porsche, as almost everything coming from Germany, is just an overpriced car.

Sure, the fit and finish is better, the car is more refined but not 2.5 times refined, as the price would suggest.
My Merc will be the first and last German car I ever own, I can't complain on anything (nothing broke, zero problems whatsoever) but it's missing a soul. The same is true of every VW you can put your hands on. BMWs I wouldn't touch with a stick.

Also the latest Lamborghini are just rebranded VW (which is a shame, I think Ferruccio Lamborghini is turning in his grave, he would have much preferred to see his company bankrupt than his name on the latest abominations coming out from Sant'Agata Bolognese).
Germany makes nice cars. Used to have a Mercedes and now have an Audi SQ5. It really does feel like Germany has less diversity hires building their cars.
IMG_20240323_092557_860.jpg

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
if you made only $60,000 a year and could only pick one to have a say $25,000 loan on that you had to make payments on, which one would you choose to "keep"

edit: also, i dont need a lesson in being a guy making $60,000 a year and having a car loan for about half that. my car has been paid off for 6 out of the 9 years i've owned it as of today. but just trying to bring your opinions into perspective with broke fools like me :D
Kind of a hard question because the Mustang is a track car only and i have been racing or tracking for the past 30 years + and for me itā€™s an addiction and the only way to really push a car. Driving on the street, even aggressive canyon driving canā€™t even come close to compare
All those vehicles are toys since i have a couple of dd vehicles
Anyhow, in this particular situation, i would keep the track car, namely the Mustang
If i was not a track addict, it would be the Viper because itā€™s really a unique (very rare to see another one, not like the porsche or mustang) raw, unrefined, and sometimes very scary
Monster of a car. I would also add that i love the design and esthetics of the snake

Raffro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2007 911 Turbo, 2023 GMC Sierra, 2024 Volvo XC90
I have a 60k mile 2007 911 turbo and just bought a 2020 GT350R with 4,500 miles. The fit and finish of the 911 after all these years is still better. No squeaks and rattles at all. The turbo is faster as well. I added an exhaust to it because it was too Dyson-like stock. It sounds amazing but doesnā€™t hold a candle to the sound of the Rā€¦not even close. The R is a beast of a car tho and Iā€™m selling the 911 (shortly). Time for a changeā€¦. But I will miss my 911. Maintenance costs on Germans are wicked high - especially when obsessive like I am!