Sponsored

I drove a 911 992 S yesterday and I genuinely think my 22 mustang gt is better!

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
Don't take it personal, mustang is a better sounding car no question.

I'm not a fanatic, I appreciate both cars for what they are.
Sorry, I have had one rev to me the sound pissed me off. Enjoy your car lol

One of my pet peeves is bad sounding exhaust. That is why I can never own a BMW.

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
the car isn't high end but ford tried to go up market and can't manufacture a quality car to match the price point. its a shitty attempt to go up market which is why this is probably my last mustang for a long time.

at a glance it looks that way and even on closer inspection it passes but day to day it fails pretty hard. i love the car, dont get me wrong, for what i paid it was great but i was way under msrp for mine because i treat car buying like a bloodsport... but for the 50K they said this car is worth? plus taxes? plus ttl? HAHAHA. F that.
Good bye, at least we wont have to hear you complain about every single thing here. Pleasure meeting you. :like:

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)

Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
the car isn't high end but ford tried to go up market and can't manufacture a quality car to match the price point. its a shitty attempt to go up market which is why this is probably my last mustang for a long time.

at a glance it looks that way and even on closer inspection it passes but day to day it fails pretty hard. i love the car, dont get me wrong, for what i paid it was great but i was way under msrp for mine because i treat car buying like a bloodsport... but for the 50K they said this car is worth? plus taxes? plus ttl? HAHAHA. F that.
I guess it depends on your definition of upmarket. $50k for a new car is about average these days (crazy as that sounds), and with Camaro and Charger/Challenger bowing out (at least in V8 form), it’s pretty much all we got if we want big American V8 noises and performance.

I agree on the fitment and some of the finishes, my car is far from perfect but I’ve been able to make some adjustments to some of the fitment issues. Should it have just come that way from factory? Absolutely. Is it a deal killer? Not for me but maybe for some others.

I guess I view these cars as they’ve always been. Affordable (I know, harder to say that with a $50k price tag), good power, great looks, tons of aftermarket support, etc. Porsche, Mercedes, BMW etc. I expect to have much better fitment, finishes, etc because 1)they’re advertised as luxury brands and 2)they cost a lot more than a typical Mustang. That said, Ford can do a lot better and hopefully they do. S650 is an improvement on the interior (with or without screens), I haven’t looked up close at panel gaps and such too much yet

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
Sorry, I have had one rev to me the sound pissed me off
How much do you expect from a 4-popper? It sounds better than an ecoboost, to my ear at least. Pops and crackles are very fun too. And I still have a V8, so I'll be fine I guess

Enjoy your car lol
Oh I will, beleive me. I have around 16 track days in it planned for this year so far. Doesn't matter how it sounds when you get point-by's from Caymans and they come to you after track session and ask what you did to the car.

Hope you get to enjoy yours properly as well. It was meant to be driven hard on tracks. Hope it's not a sunday parade queen 😉

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
I guess it depends on your definition of upmarket. $50k for a new car is about average these days (crazy as that sounds), and with Camaro and Charger/Challenger bowing out (at least in V8 form), it’s pretty much all we got if we want big American V8 noises and performance.

I agree on the fitment and some of the finishes, my car is far from perfect but I’ve been able to make some adjustments to some of the fitment issues. Should it have just come that way from factory? Absolutely. Is it a deal killer? Not for me but maybe for some others.

I guess I view these cars as they’ve always been. Affordable (I know, harder to say that with a $50k price tag), good power, great looks, tons of aftermarket support, etc. Porsche, Mercedes, BMW etc. I expect to have much better fitment, finishes, etc because 1)they’re advertised as luxury brands and 2)they cost a lot more than a typical Mustang. That said, Ford can do a lot better and hopefully they do. S650 is an improvement on the interior (with or without screens), I haven’t looked up close at panel gaps and such too much yet
Totally agreed on all points

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
How much do you expect from a 4-popper? It sounds better than an ecoboost, to my ear at least. Pops and crackles are very fun too. And I still have a V8, so I'll be fine I guess

Oh I will, beleive me. I have around 16 track days in it planned for this year so far. Doesn't matter how it sounds when you get point-by's from Caymans and they come to you after track session and ask what you did to the car.

Hope you get to enjoy yours properly as well. It was meant to be driven hard on tracks. Hope it's not a sunday parade queen 😉
I get you glad you are enjoying it. But just my personal opinion. If I wear ear plugs and don't look at the exterior I would love to take it around track. LOL

BTW is that the actual pic of your S550? I am liking the colors on it. Also M1 is not a Sunday parade queen, I drive her daily :like: I have 22K miles on her.

Last edited:

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)

Agreed. A minivan cost like 40s now days. What decade is he living in?

Better not to bother with that guy. He is negative nancy no matter what. He will escalate this even more since you mention the car he hates the S650 :giggle:

Sponsored

Oakley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang
I guess it depends on your definition of upmarket. $50k for a new car is about average these days
its average because morons keep paying and this bubble is in the process of bursting now. lots filling up with overpriced inventory and the used market is compensating as well and when that happens new prices will plummet as well which will cause used prices to do the same... until things get to their true values again.

I don't care what the price tag is, i care about value, and these cars are priced tens of thousands more than they are worth out the gate. the higher you go in trim the worse it gets but the shitty quality remains the same which means the problem scales in severity as the cost/benefit gap widens.

so after i've had to work on my brand new car to sort out stuff ford didn't get right i'm going to probably just get a new ranger and go find a 911 later if they can't fix my current car.

DCShelby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lighting Blue and 2017 Ducati 1299S
I’ve had two 350 Mustangs, three 911s C4S, two Gen 2 CTSV and right now a CT4 BW, all manuals. The Turbo S is pdk only, the last turbo S was the 996 911. Each car in my list has its pluses and minus, the purse sports car was the 997.2 C4S…the 991.2 I had and traded for the Caddy….was…well a bit boring and just not engaging enough. The 350s were brutes but let’s be honest the interior was a bit cheap. The 997.1 was fun, but it was burning oil due to bore scoring so it had to go, not worth spending 30k on an engine build. The CT4 BW is a real sleeper, just as fast as the 350 and the 911s and very nimble.
So what’s next? Maybe a GT3 in the 997.2 version. The 991 versions have engine issues and the 992 is too pricey for me.
But in the end I can have just as much fun on a backroad in the Caddy as I have in any of the other cars, without vape bros in STi wanting to race me or jealous poor idiots that can’t buy a 911 wanting to vandalize it. If I want to go real fast I’ll take the Ducati Panigale V4 S out and spank almost any car.
So I’ll say any car guy should own a 911 in their line of cars as they get older and make more money to get the desire out of your system.

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
I’ve had two 350 Mustangs, three 911s C4S, two Gen 2 CTSV and right now a CT4 BW, all manuals. The Turbo S is pdk only, the last turbo S was the 996 911. Each car in my list has its pluses and minus, the purse sports car was the 997.2 C4S…the 991.2 I had and traded for the Caddy….was…well a bit boring and just not engaging enough. The 350s were brutes but let’s be honest the interior was a bit cheap. The 997.1 was fun, but it was burning oil due to bore scoring so it had to go, not worth spending 30k on an engine build. The CT4 BW is a real sleeper, just as fast as the 350 and the 911s and very nimble.
So what’s next? Maybe a GT3 in the 997.2 version. The 991 versions have engine issues and the 992 is too pricey for me.
But in the end I can have just as much fun on a backroad in the Caddy as I have in any of the other cars, without vape bros in STi wanting to race me or jealous poor idiots that can’t buy a 911 wanting to vandalize it. If I want to go real fast I’ll take the Ducati Panigale V4 S out and spank almost any car.
So I’ll say any car guy should own a 911 in their line of cars as they get older and make more money to get the desire out of your system.
I sold my 997.2 C2S because of the potential for bore scoring, as well as potential PDK failure due to a limiting sensor. Between the two, potential for $60k in repairs. My car was modded and tuned, so no chance for an extended warranty. A friend of mine had both failures occur on his 997.2, same year, same model, same mileage, but his was stock. Selling it sure relieved a lot of stress. But I really miss it!

Blue001.jpg

UserName

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 718 GT4
I’ll be impressed when a modern Mustang or any new car can last as long as my old car. Otherwise use and enjoy them as they all come.

IMG_0821.jpeg

Last edited:

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
I’ll be impressed when a modern Mustang or any new car can last as long as my old car. Otherwise use and enjoy them as they all come.

IMG_0821.jpeg
Nice, care to share more pics?
Sponsored