Kristian87

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
An Adam's fan it would seem! :like:
Indeed! I got my Ecoboost back in 2015, and fair to say that I didn't even know what detailing was back then, couldn't have told you the difference between a polish and a wax haha

I stumbled on the Adams videos, which if you watched any of them, you'll understand how that can turn in to an obsession! It's where my detailing journey started. Adams isn't too big in the UK, but I made friends with the guy with the rights to sell here, a nice shiny mustang lead to being a sponsor car for them - an instagram thing, and I've got the bulk of my supplies from there over the years. Also big fan of Carpro and Yumcars (a friend who was an Adams guy before he set off and made his own brand), Adams will always be my fave though. The generous discount helps too :rockon:
Sponsored

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Indeed! I got my Ecoboost back in 2015, and fair to say that I didn't even know what detailing was back then, couldn't have told you the difference between a polish and a wax haha

I stumbled on the Adams videos, which if you watched any of them, you'll understand how that can turn in to an obsession! It's where my detailing journey started. Adams isn't too big in the UK, but I made friends with the guy with the rights to sell here, a nice shiny mustang lead to being a sponsor car for them - an instagram thing, and I've got the bulk of my supplies from there over the years. Also big fan of Carpro and Yumcars (a friend who was an Adams guy before he set off and made his own brand), Adams will always be my fave though. The generous discount helps too :rockon:
Adam's is not big in Australia either. It's imported and sold by a sole trader. The sales strategy is to have inflated base retail prices, and then run 20 to 30% off sales on a regular basis. But even then, the brand is sold at a premium here. A basic 16oz bottle of their blue soap is more than 3 times the price than it sells for in the USA. Naturally, there is a currency rate conversion going on, in addition to import/shipping costs, but I can get the superior Carpro Reset for less money.

Don't read that to mean I don't like the brand, because they have some brilliant products that just WORK. What annoys me is that of a good, solid brand being retailed as an ultra-premium product.

OP
OP
Kristian87

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I finally got time to do a wash yesterday. It was a basic one, just to smarten it up. Needs a proper paint decon, but that will be for another day.

Gravel was not too much of a pain in the end. I had more trouble with space, my pressure washer hose is not the most flexible, and a couple of times flicked up and brushed against the paintwork, no doubt marring the clear coat, I was afraid to look! My own fault really, I've got a pile of scrap wood taking up space next to the garage, needs to be gone.

I still am considering the gravel grids and a tonne or 2 of cleaner, better gravel for the space. That fence at the back needs seeing to as well. But other than that, it's a great space.

Anyway, nice and clean now.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Anyway, nice and clean now.
I have to say, Kristian, that I have never seen such a nice wash bay when starting with a difficult situation like yours, well done. Logic seems to tell me that you'll want those concrete squares under the tires so you don't touch the gravel with your rubber cleaning brush, rag, or when you're putting on a tire coating.

As for the hose hit, I doubt there will be a mark. Hose is round, no edges to cut but, they do make softer, more flexible hoses. @DFB5.0 even has tire guides that go under the tires to keep the hose from getting stuck under the tire. Can't see why those wouldn't work on the concrete squares, as well. But I understand how the tight space can be a problem with the wand and hose.

Nonetheless, I say again, a helluva job, amigo.

OP
OP
Kristian87

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Nonetheless, I say again, a helluva job, amigo.
Thanks for the kind words, KB.

And thanks for the Amazon link, I've seen those before but have never pulled the trigger. It did also lead me to exploring other suggested items (as Amazon does very well), and ended up stumbling on to these recovery tracks. Multi purpose if I ever get stuck in the mud/snow, but great also for my gravel detailing! We might have a winner

https://amzn.eu/d/2xpsFRM

a.JPG

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
..but great also for my gravel detailing!
You gotta love Kamazonski, Kristian, right? :cool:

Those look absolutely perfect for the task at hand, good find, and don't forget a few photos the first time you use 'em. <smile> It looks like the temps in the UK are similar to here..50's and hopefully it will stay that way or, even warm up a bit, so you can test out the new traction boards.

Good find!
Sponsored