Sponsored

I am on the verge of selling my Mustang guys...

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Sold : 15 GT
Market is getting softer on both new and used vehicles.

If you can wait it out until later in the year, I suspect you will be able to get a great deal on whatever replacement car you decide on.

I just sold my toy car and am now going to sit pretty on the cash until I'm decided on a worthy replacement. For me, I get a lot of enjoyment window shopping and taking my time finding 'the one'.

I previously built a 2015 Mustang GT with a Paxton supercharger kit, build thread here on the forum. Can't say I'm all that excited by the S650.... doesn't look a whole lot different both inside and exterior. Sat in a new Splash Yellow GT with the PP package but I wasn't wowed by any means. For almost $60k for a GT I'm not a buyer. That is just an insane price for a GT.

Same for the new M cars... not all that exciting to me with the 6 cylinder motors. Yes, fast, but the sound just isn't there, and I need a car that sounds as good as it looks.

Just my 0.02.
Sponsored

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
When I sell my Mach 1, I’ll be doing a restomod. New chassis, engine, trans, old school body.
Nothing new excites me these days, especially the s650, the new design is an abortion!

Bob Lob Law

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT Premium
My cousin took delivery of his custom ordered '24 ZF8 M2 a couple of months ago. He went all black to help the front end not being noticed as bad. Nice car! Stock for stock they are a little faster than an A10 3.55 S550 even though they are rated close to the mustangs output and weigh within 40 lbs of the S550. He seems to really like it, but, for $20k less I'll keep my stang!

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
My cousin took delivery of his custom ordered '24 ZF8 M2 a couple of months ago. He went all black to help the front end not being noticed as bad. Nice car! Stock for stock they are a little faster than an A10 3.55 S550 even though they are rated close to the mustangs output and weigh within 40 lbs of the S550. He seems to really like it, but, for $20k less I'll keep my stang!
Get a tune and run some E, then you’ll take him!

Sponsored

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Except he ordered down pipes and a tune. It's not even gonna be close!
lol… doh!
That’s ballsy to tune such an expensive car to fix. I’d be sure to keep my warranty on a BMW

Bob Lob Law

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT Premium
It's purely a toy for him. He can afford it. Besides, those motors are pretty bullet proof! An extra 100+ hp is nothing to them!

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver 2022 MACH 1 HP
I have an S650 on order, a Splash Yellow 400a, MT, PP and red calipers. It won't be here for 4 mos. So I am in the waiting game. If I can get an allocation for an M2 I am considering it. I want to lease, and its amazing a car that specs out at 10K more is leasing better than the Mustang.

Believe it or not, I am torn. My last 2 BMWs were 2 E92 M3s with V8s. I drove a 6MT M2 and it was an amazing car, but the lack or the sound that was there was underwhelming and I don't think it can be fixed by the aftermarket. The build quality was in another league and I do believe the S650 interior build has made some headway over the S550 but its still has quite a bit of room to improve.

Dave.
Why not a DarkHorse if you're going S650? IMO, Black is the only color that makes sense since Ford ruined the front bumper with those giant black plastic eyeliner shits.

CT4V Blackwing is pretty awesome, but obviously the CT5V Blackwing checks all the boxes if you can afford it

OP
OP
Dave2013M3

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
Just the sound? Not the God awful styling? Unless you're thinking of picking up an original M2 not the current one.

I love the current styling of the new M2.

OP
OP
Dave2013M3

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guys appreciate all of the responses. As for the Dark Horse I don't feel the DH is worth anything over the regular GT. Horrible interior color choices...wait there isn't one only that hideous Indigo Blue. Not to mention a ton of dealers won't deal on them and I can get a GT the way I want it for at invoice.

The Supra is not an M2 underneath the sheet metal. The M2 is 95% of an G8X car. The Supra uses a B58 engine while the M2 is an S58 which is very reliable. Most of the suspension for the M2 comes from the G8X cars (M3/4). For those who don't follow me, I have owned a multitude of BMWs, most of them M cars and never had a car go into warranty. Even my last BMW, a 2013 BMW E92 M3 with its S65 engine never once when in the shop for work other than maintenance. That was with almost 8 yrs. of ownership. Now the generic BMW engines especially the non M V8s and I6s (other than the older normally aspirated I6's) have multiple issues. The M cars are pretty stout.

I buy cars for what I like, not what other people like. Although I do appreciate the responses. I am going to miss my 2020 Mustang. When I bought the car I knew at the time it was a transitional car. My wife was laid off which was almost 1/3 of our household income when Covid hit. I had a buyer offer me a insane amount of money for my M3 and I took it.

To be honest, I think what I am going to miss the most are the people on this board.

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I'd go with a used Audi R8 before paying $70-100K for anything new. Something with the naturally aspirated 5.2 V10 making around 600 HP? Or get the lower power RWD model - still 530 HP.

OP
OP
Dave2013M3

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Market is getting softer on both new and used vehicles.

If you can wait it out until later in the year, I suspect you will be able to get a great deal on whatever replacement car you decide on.

I just sold my toy car and am now going to sit pretty on the cash until I'm decided on a worthy replacement. For me, I get a lot of enjoyment window shopping and taking my time finding 'the one'.

I previously built a 2015 Mustang GT with a Paxton supercharger kit, build thread here on the forum. Can't say I'm all that excited by the S650.... doesn't look a whole lot different both inside and exterior. Sat in a new Splash Yellow GT with the PP package but I wasn't wowed by any means. For almost $60k for a GT I'm not a buyer. That is just an insane price for a GT.

Same for the new M cars... not all that exciting to me with the 6 cylinder motors. Yes, fast, but the sound just isn't there, and I need a car that sounds as good as it looks.

Just my 0.02.
The M2 could be at the end of this year due to finding an allocation. The G87 M2 will have an update in Aug to 473 HP, which is a joke as the current car is rated at 453 and that's what they put down to the wheels. BMW so underrates their cars. The Mustang isn't expected to arrive until mid July. I have no deposit in order with the Mustang. The dealer just ordered a car I want as a service to me as I have bought 10 cars from them over the last 10 yrs. I may not even buy anything.

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
I'd go with a used Audi R8 before paying $70-100K for anything new. Something with the naturally aspirated 5.2 V10 making around 600 HP? Or get the lower power RWD model - still 530 HP.
Audi is worse than BMW to maintain!
I’d never touch one even though the RS5 is one of my favorite cars

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Audi is worse than BMW to maintain!
I’d never touch one even though the RS5 is one of my favorite cars
I don't think the Audi 5.2 V10 engines have big problems like BMW engines do.

I wouldn't buy an RS5 either. I hate turbos and don't like V6s. Plus - no manual transmission is a deal breaker for me.

13GetThere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lynn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP2 Magnet Grey
Glad to see you have a plan Dave. Enjoy the ride.
Sponsored