Sponsored

I am an automotive Rip Van Winkle.... where's the CD player??

King_V

2015 Mustang GT Owner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Oldsmobile Cutlass Calais, 1987 Ford LTD Crown Victoria LX, 2015 Ford Mustang GT, 2016 Toyota Prius Two Eco
Ok, so, yeah.

If you owned a car from the 60s, from the 70s, from the 80s . . then getting a car from the 90s or the early 2000s was still familiar. You still inserted a key or a fob into a slot to start the car. Radio layout was the same. Everything looked more incrementally evolved.

Alright, so the newest car I've ever owned was a 1995 LeSabre, and that was my then-wife's car. I've owned other cars from 1970 to 1991 models.

And now I have the Mustang. Technology has progressed. I was very close to the "I'm sitting inside, now what?" except that, as a kid, I watched Adam West as Batman, so I knew how a push-button start worked.

So, yeah, the manual says to switch to CD, a CD should be inserted into the stereo.

Great. Where? I've owned cars with stereo systems that had CD players, including those that had remote multi-disc units. But I can't find it on this car.

Please help this guy trapped in the past! Seriously, I have a base GT, with the standard AM/FM CD, and I have ZERO idea of where I'd actually put a CD. Even my (limited) searching for a video on it came up empty.

Yeah, yeah, "who uses CDs anymore?" you ask...
Sponsored

Redcruzer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 eco boost premium convertible, Ruby red
Hang in there King. It will become easier. Look for the narrow slot that a CD might just slide into. Here is mine on a premium.
image.jpg

Asonitez

I go 71 in a 70 *REBEL*
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tristian
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT Premium
I did not know this exist. Thank you good sir. I swore that was like a air hole or something.

grumblin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT Premium
I did not know this exist. Thank you good sir. I swore that was like a air hole or something.
I'm glad to see that I'm not the only "old-timer" in here. Welcome!

OP
OP

King_V

2015 Mustang GT Owner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Oldsmobile Cutlass Calais, 1987 Ford LTD Crown Victoria LX, 2015 Ford Mustang GT, 2016 Toyota Prius Two Eco
Ah, thanks, found it - yeah, the way it looks, it seems like an almost natural separation between the audio controls and climate controls. I looked right at it several times before posting this question, and never noticed it!

Sponsored

Zemedici

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT/PP
OP
OP

King_V

2015 Mustang GT Owner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Great, now I'm hearing a voice in my head saying "Dude, you're SUCH an air-hole"
Sponsored