Sponsored

Hurt Motor

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
Long pulls (longer then 1/4 mile) and stock coyote ring gaps = death to motor.

Sorry to hear of your loss, but at least its hauling the mail. :)
Sponsored

OP
OP
jhatley7

jhatley7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 White GT PP, 2022 F350
Started the teardown today. Took a few pics for the hell of it.

The oil is coming from the passenger side of the motor. Oil is seeping out for the header corsa connection. More updates tomorrow.

picture.jpg

picture.jpg

picture.jpg

picture.jpg

OP
OP
jhatley7

jhatley7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Got it all apart today and back to a rolling chassis. Plenty of pics for you guys. Gist of it is, 4 bent rods and blown out oil ring on number two.

Massive blowby on passenger side of motor.

picture.jpg

I found dropping the k member to be the easiest way.

picture.jpg

picture.jpg

picture.jpg

Oil in the header from number 2. First piston on passenger side

picture.jpg

Debris in oil pan. Not as much as i expected.

picture.jpg

Number two rod

picture.jpg

Number 2 piston

picture.jpg

picture.jpg

Numbers 1,2,4,8 Rods.

picture.jpg

Back on the ground awaiting new build!

picture.jpg

Phoenix

Instagram: PhoenixNFA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Tech AvGrey/Black Stripes
was the oil like a milkshake? four bent rods makes me wonder if the head lifted and put coolant in the cylinders?

Sponsored

OP
OP
jhatley7

jhatley7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
was the oil like a milkshake? four bent rods makes me wonder if the head lifted and put coolant in the cylinders?
Nope oil was good. No evidence of lifting the heads that i could tell. Hell the head gaskets looked perfect on both sides.

How are the heads
Perfect as far as I can tell. Well valves on number 2 are black lol.

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
Noob question here,but can you explain how heads lifting/coolant in the oil can cause bent rods?
High cylinder pressure ?
Thanks .

Sponsored

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
I think i said that it was blown rings when everyone was saying blown head gasket.For the guy asking the bent valve question,if u have a car that does blow a headgasket,depending on wheir it cracks it could let coolant into the cylinder on the compression stroke,water does not compress like air and pistions and valves start bending and breaking.To the op,sorry man and build yourself a beast this time!!!.

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
I think i said that it was blown rings when everyone was saying blown head gasket.For the guy asking the bent valve question,if u have a car that does blow a headgasket,depending on wheir it cracks it could let coolant into the cylinder on the compression stroke,water does not compress like air and pistions and valves start bending and breaking.To the op,sorry man and build yourself a beast this time!!!.
Thanks but he has bent rods not valves .
Same mechanism ?

Doctor Fishtail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
JH, Where are you having new engine built? Or are you buying one ready to install?

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
Thanks but he has bent rods not valves .
Same mechanism ?
Yes sir same thing will happen,if the gasket is blown or cracked and coolant is filling the cylinder up when it comes up on compression stroke it could bend rods,break pistons.They call it hydraulic locking.Had a Toyota pick up with a blown head gasket and everytime i would try to start it a had to take number 2 out because it would not even turn over.Took plug out and it shot coolant about 8 inc in the air but started.

Doctor Fishtail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Yes sir same thing will happen,if the gasket is blown or cracked and coolant is filling the cylinder up when it comes up on compression stroke it could bend rods,break pistons.They call it hydraulic locking.Had a Toyota pick up with a blown head gasket and everytime i would try to start it a had to take number 2 out because it would not even turn over.Took plug out and it shot coolant about 8 inc in the air but started.
This is half true. Depends where it lifts. I have had head gasket blow and run fine til engine got up to temp. When I say run fine I mean normal driving. Water was getting pushed into the coolant. Oil looked like an awesome Carmel milkshake.
Sponsored