Lsstefan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefan
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost
Hello.
This is not a "help me choose and IC" thread. I already have my mind set on a manufacturer, mainly because it's here in Europe and because it's black.
Come spring I want to replace the IC. Wagner has 2 IC released, the EVO 1 and 2. 2 will be available in February so I have time to research more.
I am a minmax person, I always want the best, even though I can't afford it sometimes. So the EVO2 is bigger and wider, which I like a lot(and has that CF tray:love:). Rather wider than bulcky like the EVO1. But the price is almost double also. If I don't need it, I'd rather invest into something else.

IC link

So in terms of DD, maybe track once an year or mountain trips, should I squeeze some more dough and go big?
My goal with this car is @600 HP. I highly doubt I will reach it though in the next 3-4 years. But let's say I reach it, will the EVO1 handle that power, or I will probably have to change to something bigger?
I'm comparing the EVO1 with the US counterparts, like Mishimoto & co.

Thanks for the help. Cheers.
Sponsored

Busser48

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang ecoboost
Does their product have a website with HP ratings? Or a sales person you can speak with? If not that way, then I'm sure someone here will have an answer. Good luck

OP
OP
Lsstefan

Lsstefan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefan
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost
Nope didn't find any rating.
I'm thinking the evo is like Mishimoto or MAP size wise, so how are those doing? Can they sustain 600 HP?

Nihil

Cowabunga
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Grey Goop
600hp for a daily driver? well if you insist lol. I would talk to a rep from the company about the IC, map and mishi are rated at 550hp. Not many people on here are running those kinds of numbers though yet.

Tune+

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang Automatic
If you are looking for 600hp then you are going to want a BIGGER intercooler. The only intercooler on the market that has an efficient core to support that power level is ATM and Full-Race. Level's will have an intercooler soon that will support it.

Wagner rubbed me the wrong way, and nobody is providing actual data they are just saying "runs cooler bro!". Wagner's data was inaccurate to what an actual OEM intercooler goes through.

Sponsored

e30og

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Genesis G70 3.3T Sport
600hp? If that is over 4 years away and it sounds like you may or may not have the cash to get there, what sense is it to go big? It sounds like you'll spend big money on an IC now and never make it up to 600...that 1,400 is better spent elsewhere to get there

Tune+

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang Automatic
600hp? If that is over 4 years away and it sounds like you may or may not have the cash to get there, what sense is it to go big? It sounds like you'll spend big money on an IC now and never make it up to 600...that 1,400 is better spent elsewhere to get there
Because of how fast the factory turbo spools and how much heat it puts out. I'm a firm believer of buying the biggest intercooler available. You are never going to introduce enough pressure loss to the system to affect it. The car is OVER efficient as it is. Then later, you don't have to buy a new intercooler.

Full-Race - ATM - New Levels setup... all prime choice.

OP
OP
Lsstefan

Lsstefan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefan
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost
Thanks Adam for the info.
I don't have the money to turn the car to 600 tomorrow, nor there are parts here for that, so what's the rush.
I like to work on my car and I'll make it better in time and at my pace.
The reason for asking this question is that I find it useless to buy something now and change it in 3 years because it's not big enough. Of course this applies to parts that are available atm, I'm not talking about waiting and waiting because they will always upgrade parts.
I'm also comparing to other IC from VW or Ford that are bigger(wider) than what's available for the Ecoboost atm, and ours seem so much smaller.
I'll consider your thoughts.

Regards
Sponsored