how to unlock Lund Nguage

15COPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO Mustang GTPP/2015 DIB Mustang GT
I just went through all this unlock stuff with my Lund Ngauge and let me tell you they did not want to unlock it but Lund finally did it for me.
Sponsored

Last edited:

fifteen5oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT A6
Not every factory tune is the same. Sure their not all different either , but batches of pcms get a certain batch of statigies. I mean isn't this why some cars need pcm updates and some don't. Calibrations commanded are probably for the mist part the same . but then factor in dealer updates.

Some tuners have preferred stratigies. That's a fact.
And I'm sure if you send me an email tune used on 100's of other mustangs then do a dataliged tune the dataliged tune will be better.

But this thread isn't about tuner vs x or who is better. I think this thread title is about nGauge unlocking.

Anyone who says their email tune is better than a datalig or dyno tune specific to your car is off their rocker.

And intakes only need ti adjust The maf feq (some intakes not) because the larger pipe changes the "noise" .maf sensor doesn't read air flow. Some pipes are "noisier" than others and require more work to smooth them out

thats all marketing.

ford sends the same program on every car with the same combo

pp pack car has a pcm code same strategy
auto car with 3.15 has a pcm code same strategy
auto with 3.55 has a pcm code same strategy

all of these cars come from ford with one strategy on them. it doesn't vary by elevation, color, etc...

if you take a JLT kit and put it on that car, you have to adjust for that intake. and for that pcm code and it will transfer to that same pcm across the board.

if you do a steeda, and you calibrate for it, it will be the same across the board

where things change are shift points, shift firmness, different programs in the different modes.

giving you more timing if your always running 93

etc...

lund can and will fine tune shift points, and will look at logs if you have an issue or something you want changed.

danny0441

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt DIB
well id like to say that when i tune my car the nguage is what im going with, and so is lund however,i would like the capability of being able to use it with other tunes. example say some one has an sct with a few tunes say an 87 octane tune and wants a lund flex fuel tune, and the nguage they should be able to switch between lunds ff tune and their lets say bama or whatever 87 tune. i mean im still gonna buy lund for when i tune my car due to their reputation.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
Not every factory tune is the same. Sure their not all different either , but batches of pcms get a certain batch of statigies. I mean isn't this why some cars need pcm updates and some don't. Calibrations commanded are probably for the mist part the same . but then factor in dealer updates.

Some tuners have preferred stratigies. That's a fact.
And I'm sure if you send me an email tune used on 100's of other mustangs then do a dataliged tune the dataliged tune will be better.

But this thread isn't about tuner vs x or who is better. I think this thread title is about nGauge unlocking.

Anyone who says their email tune is better than a datalig or dyno tune specific to your car is off their rocker.

And intakes only need ti adjust The maf feq (some intakes not) because the larger pipe changes the "noise" .maf sensor doesn't read air flow. Some pipes are "noisier" than others and require more work to smooth them out
thats what i said

auto with 3.55
auto with 3.15
manual with 3.31
manual with 3.55
manual with 3.73

etc....

you have a different strategy for each car, based on "the mods" each car has.

and lund does datalog, they do a lot of datalogging, figuring out what works, what doesn't work ect...

and after you spend 1-2 years tuning them, you know what works, what doesn't work on the basics of the calibrations

again. you fine tune the other things for the customer, i have some customers that like soft shifts, some that like hard shifts, some that like medium shifts

some that like a normal throttle response, some that like an aggressive one.

etc...

fifteen5oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT A6
I asked Jr If I could send in some Data logs for my hard shifting, nu-nessesary down -up shifting when modulating throttle at moderate speeds and twitchy idle...
He said "Your tune is good to go, we run this tune in 100's of cars with no issue and there is nothing a data log will show us about how your car is shifting"

Then He sent me a (no data log) Revision with "softer" shifting. Now the car feels numb. I'm not saying they don't know how to tune as I am sure they do know how to tune.Maybe they are too busy, or short handed now. I don't know.....

But that was never really my point. Because I can choose who ever I feel to tune my car. Or atleast I should be able to with my nGauge.

Notice I have never mentioned " Oh Lund is crap, X tuner is best" I Tried Lund on my other Mustang (2012) and wasn't happy. Lund is supposed to be the 2015/16 Mustang God of tuning. I tried it on my 2015 and I'm not happy and wish to switch.

But its stupid that the Tuner is Provider Locked. They should charge less for the Lund locked Lund tunable only belongs to Lund nGauge. Then more for the unlocked nGauge tune with who ever you want even Lund and never get locked.

Just like they do with Global/unlocked cell phones.
[MENTION=10926]beefcake[/MENTION]

Sponsored

Hyland33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS
Can't you just reset and sell it? Then buy the HP tuners version.

15COPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO Mustang GTPP/2015 DIB Mustang GT
Nope it has to be unlocked if it is a Lund Ngauge.

5cent

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
kyle
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt shadow black
I just went through all this unlock stuff with my Lund Ngauge and let me tell you they did not want to unlock it but Lund finally did it for me. If anyone wants to do a unlock contact Jim Farraro 1-407-588-7546
Did it cost anything to unlock it? And did you unlock it to go get a dyno tune?

Swayse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt auto
I'm thinking of going hptuners, and would like to have my ngauge unlocked too. I don't own a laptop anymore, and I don't really wanna buy one. Ngauge would be perfect for logging and flashing tunes.

fifteen5oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT A6
[MENTION=11564]15COPP[/MENTION] , I called the number for Jim, left a msg and text.. No reply.
What does he charge ?

Sponsored

Laztug

Wanna run dyno slips bro?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Calling out OKC #1 spot after axle back install.