Sponsored

How To: Install Roush Spoiler

GTerGone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GT; '07 Sport Trac 4.6L
Nice video. Looks good. I'm thinking a black spoiler on my TY which is close to be being delivered.

BlackMustang690

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gt500
I've had my spoiler sitting on a shelf since May hoping to see actual videos on how to install. Thanks for the great video. I will tackle it pretty soon.

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
it's extremely easy... unless you don't know how to cut paper out along the lines of the template, don't know how to match the templates to each corner of the trunk, and don't know how to use a drill. it's really idiot proof.

Totally worth doing yourself. I had fun doing it and I love having the black roush on the CO!

great video btw! Good editing too.

jefc73

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff GTFO_0019
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
@HGFireHazard or @Khyber Doing mine as we speak. Template taped down, inner holes drilled already. How much leeway is there to move the spoiler around after holes are drilled in case its not perfect?? Talk about nerve racking drilling your decklid. :eyebulge:

Sponsored

OP
OP

HGFireHazard

Mustang Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Not much, but if necessary you can widen your holes. If the spoiler is tight don't be afraid to check where it's rubbing and elongate the hole.

Old Guard

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium, Guard, MT, 400A, 455, 648, 13D
I guess to each his or her own, but Ford sculpted the rear deck and trunk lid to effectively be the spoiler. Ford has issued videos discussing this design that can be found on Youtube. That is why Performance Pack vehicles don't even offer a spoiler.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
I guess to each his or her own, but Ford sculpted the rear deck and trunk lid to effectively be the spoiler. Ford has issued videos discussing this design that can be found on Youtube. That is why Performance Pack vehicles don't even offer a spoiler.

And then offered 5 different style spoilers between the GT and GT350 alone so there goes that theory.

Some people like them, some don't. I just ordered the GT350 spoiler today :)

Great video and write up!

Northern Goat

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot GT Premium 400A
it's extremely easy... unless you don't know how to cut paper out along the lines of the template, don't know how to match the templates to each corner of the trunk, and don't know how to use a drill. it's really idiot proof.

Totally worth doing yourself. I had fun doing it and I love having the black roush on the CO!
x2 picked her up Saturday. Spoiler on Sunday. The worrying was harder than the doing.

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
@HGFireHazard or @Khyber Doing mine as we speak. Template taped down, inner holes drilled already. How much leeway is there to move the spoiler around after holes are drilled in case its not perfect?? Talk about nerve racking drilling your decklid. :eyebulge:
there is slight play. the center hole really is the most important. if you did it right you won't even have to move it and you can always fix a hole with the round file to enlarge slightly

yeah blah blah blah heard it over and over but now thats it's on, I hate I waited. Black roush spoiler on CO looks mean as hell.

Sponsored

jefc73

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff GTFO_0019
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Roush spoiler done. One thing to recommend from my adventure...when aligning the spoiler before pulling the tape leads make sure the holes for the two black screws line up. :thumbsup:
Thanks for the help and tips guys. Not hard at all.
20151112_112615.jpg
20151112_11230911.jpg
20151112_11232211.jpg

jcasti07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red GT Premium
Great job OP. I did this yesterday and those damn bolts at the end bested me; i lost one down somewhere in the trunk and i need to find a way to get it out. Other than that, you're absolutely right, this mod isn't for the faint of heart. One suggestion i would make to others is to find a debburing tool to smooth out your holes before you apply the corrosion inhibitor. I picked one up at home depot for $6. Thanks again for the video!

MikeD1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Hellcat
How did you guys get all the metal filings out of the trunk deck? Dealer installed mine & you can hear "bits" rattling back & forth when you pop the trunk. They seem clueless as to how to get them out of there. Thought about running a magnet along the bottom when it's open to "collect" them, then run it up to one of the larger drill holes.

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
you will never get it all out

jpilone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Great video! I can't wait to install mine (once my damn car arrives...)
Sponsored