OaG_sGm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 6-speed Manual AUS
Hi guys,

Some of the latest cars (especially the 6-cylinder Porsches) has some of the greatest exhaust notes. I loved the burble.

I was told the burble (normally occurs when one decrease throttle dramatically) is created due to some cylinder firing order and uneven changes in the exhaust pressure, and it is actually not healthy to horse power.

Does anyone know who has created a similar note on the S550 using whatever combo (CAI, Exhaust, headers, manifolds, supercharger)

I was told the Harrop supercharger has a good note? I know Herrod's does not do any special sound. What about Whipples, Roush etc.
Sponsored

Last edited:

daltron

Rowing All Day
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
It will be dependent on the tune and the exhaust design. GENERALLY, the tune plus a free flowing exhaust is what works best. My Whipple tune, Stainless Power 1-7/8" OR LT's, and Stainless Works 3" LMF catback crackles quite nicely.

OP
OP

OaG_sGm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
It will be dependent on the tune and the exhaust design. GENERALLY, the tune plus a free flowing exhaust is what works best. My Whipple tune, Stainless Power 1-7/8" OR LT's, and Stainless Works 3" LMF catback crackles quite nicely.
I see, just found this video.

Shelby SS with a whipple 2.9L, exhaust sound does sound a lot nicer.

Aus-MustangGT

Aus-350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WRX/Evo 8 ADM
I see, just found this video.

Shelby SS with a whipple 2.9L, exhaust sound does sound a lot nicer.
Also known as the Big Dog

Sponsored

phil545

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I've recently fitted the Harrop blower to mine, and if you want burble on decel then omg, they have hit it! My car hardly made any burble when coasting along, however after the supercharger it doesn't stop! I love it!!

My exhaust isn't super loud so I could only imagine how much louder the burble would be if it was

OP
OP

OaG_sGm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
I've recently fitted the Harrop blower to mine, and if you want burble on decel then omg, they have hit it! My car hardly made any burble when coasting along, however after the supercharger it doesn't stop! I love it!!

My exhaust isn't super loud so I could only imagine how much louder the burble would be if it was
I was looking for you phil. Can you make a video clip somewhere please!!!

phil545

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
OP
OP

OaG_sGm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

phil545

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Yes I can hear the whining of the supercharger,

Does the exhaust pop and crack?
Little bit but that is very dependant on your exhaust setup. I've got the full hurricane system, it would be hard to video the burbling on decel as it's in the car you hear it

OP
OP

OaG_sGm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
Little bit but that is very dependant on your exhaust setup. I've got the full hurricane system, it would be hard to video the burbling on decel as it's in the car you hear it
Yeah, i think so. Maybe muffler delete would help?
Below is similar to what I was looking for (starts at 2:21)

phil545

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Yeah, i think so. Maybe muffler delete would help?
Below is similar to what I was looking for (starts at 2:21)

ahh ok i see what you mean. I dont think my exhaust does that but then again it sounds different to the shelby one

The hurricane system does have a lot of resonators and in it, could probably remove those to help. Changing the rear mufflers would make the biggest difference

msweet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby GT PP 10A w/ Magride, Recaros
My Corsa Xtreme catback burbles like a mofo haha [MENTION=21094]phil545[/MENTION] has been for a ride.

It pops occasionally and cracks on WOT shifts. But also it is very loud, especially for just a catback :ninja:

If you're talking about serious crackle like an A45 when you let off the throttle in Sport mode, I don't think you'll get quite that effect with the stang

OP
OP

OaG_sGm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
My Corsa Xtreme catback burbles like a mofo haha [MENTION=21094]phil545[/MENTION] has been for a ride.

It pops occasionally and cracks on WOT shifts. But also it is very loud, especially for just a catback :ninja:
I have a corsa sport, was worried about the police.
Do you have a video clip?

I think the difference is in the muffler. (sports vs extreme, the other pipes are exactly the same.) Only the inside of muffler make the difference.
Sponsored