• Total voters

CS19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
I was just wondering do you get any micro scratches from the California duster? What color is your baby ?
My color is Ingot Silver which is a bright silver. No, I haven't seen evidence of even tiny scratches. Ford has been using a very hard clear coat for a while, that may help. Also, I don't drag the duster across the surface. I very lightly skim the Duster across the paint. Also, the car is garaged when not used. I've also used the Meguiar Ceramic Detailer after dusting. I think that leaves a coat of protection.

FUN2RIDEFAST

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium/PP
Vehicle Showcase
My color is Ingot Silver which is a bright silver. No, I haven't seen evidence of even tiny scratches. Ford has been using a very hard clear coat for a while, that may help. Also, I don't drag the duster across the surface. I very lightly skim the Duster across the paint. Also, the car is garaged when not used. I've also used the Meguiar Ceramic Detailer after dusting. I think that leaves a coat of protection.
Mine is a daily driver and regular winner at local (Missouri) car shows and I still get comments on the paint after seven years.

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Interesting, Brian but I'm wondering what air source you use to blow these type areas out and, how close you got to the gap with the nozzle? Maybe Ford changed the attachment design to make it tighter for the Shark Fin or, mine just isn't as secure, I dunno.

But to get the water to come out, I put the rubber nozzle of the Max Blaster right up against the gap in the front and then again in the back until it stops.

sarah-blowdry_240505.jpg
I use an Ego 750CFM blower and I don’t get close to the car with it.

Ewheels

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1, 2020 Explorer, 2023 F150
Vehicle Showcase
When I first got the car, it was washed every week and waxed every month. Currently, I don't think it's been washed in 6 months or so. I guess priorities change as you get older....and have far less free time.

Sponsored

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Beautiful beast and nice babe on the top left. :like:
Thanks for the kind words, Martin and, for reminding me it's time to change the avatar. <smile>

I guess priorities change as you get older....and have far less free time.
Do they ever, Eric! When you're working every day, there never seems to be enough time for everything but somehow, you manage to get it all done.

Then, when retirement comes, you think there will be plenty of time only to discover that now you've run out of energy or, your interest/desire have disappeared. As my Mother used to say,

"It's no fun growing old."

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
for reminding me it's time to change the avatar
I figured she was washing the car. If so, I think it would need to be daily, on principle.

Some say the mustang is a chic magnet. I must be doing something terribly wrong

lew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
lew
Vehicle(s)
19 GT, 23 STX 4wd. TT, 19 BMW X4 M40i, 15 800r
Ruby is in a constant state of clean and shiny. She is one of three vehicles I own and is definitely a garage queen. I only drive her when the weather is perfect. I will wipe her entire body down with micro fiber cloth sprayed with Turtle Wax Ceramic after any drive. During pollen season a daily wipe down is necessary to keep her clean. Pollen seems to get into the garage when my wife pulls the BMW out. It's almost a daily/nightly thing to inspect for any smudges, finger prints, dust, spider shit, or missed buffed areas. My 2019 GT has only 20k mi. on it 18k were put on in the first year. I am 69 years old and a bit anal when it comes to clean and tidy. Ruby's interior still has that new car smell somewhat. She never sees the carwash LOL.

#1ford

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2021 mustang gt premium convertble antimatter blue
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for letting me know! Joe

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
That is what made me invest in an indoor cover :)

Ruby is in a constant state of clean and shiny. She is one of three vehicles I own and is definitely a garage queen. I only drive her when the weather is perfect. I will wipe her entire body down with micro fiber cloth sprayed with Turtle Wax Ceramic after any drive. During pollen season a daily wipe down is necessary to keep her clean. Pollen seems to get into the garage when my wife pulls the BMW out. It's almost a daily/nightly thing to inspect for any smudges, finger prints, dust, spider shit, or missed buffed areas. My 2019 GT has only 20k mi. on it 18k were put on in the first year. I am 69 years old and a bit anal when it comes to clean and tidy. Ruby's interior still has that new car smell somewhat. She never sees the carwash LOL.

Sponsored

lew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
lew
Vehicle(s)
19 GT, 23 STX 4wd. TT, 19 BMW X4 M40i, 15 800r
I considered a cover. But how am I supposed to enjoy gawking and inspecting her each nite while relaxing with my evening beer's. :wink:

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
I figured she was washing the car.
<--- The first gal was posing but now this one is actually doing some work, Matt. <grin>

I am 69 years old and a bit anal when it comes to clean and tidy.
You could have been describing me, Lew (and probably a whole bunch of other members who frequent this sub forum. <chuckling>

Last edited:

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I considered a cover. But how am I supposed to enjoy gawking and inspecting her each nite while relaxing with my evening beer's. :wink:
You're supposed to crawl under the covers and do your inspection that way. Did you miss sex Ed in junior high?

I am 69 years old and a bit anal when it comes to clean and tidy
It can't feel good but some people now utilize bleaching.

The first gal was posing but now this one is actually doing some work, Matt. <grin>
Looks.to me she needs a hands on refresher course on how to get a proper thick lather. The soap is.looking mighty thin.

Last edited:
Reactions: lew

ShadowCoyote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zachary
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I try to wash it 1 to 2 times a month, but it has been raining a lot and I have been trying to sell my house. I just washed it yesterday and put some polish on a few clear coat scratches. I find the ceramic car soap and spray help it stay looking cleaner longer than just regular car soap. It is my daily.