How Often Do You Wash Your Car?

• Total voters

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
How often does it rain in Virginia?

Cars sit outside 24/7 so I use nature's cleaning service. But birds apparently love doing bomb run practice on grabber blue and velocity.

So not ideal...

Back when @KingKona was around hed badger and shame me into a weekly or so.wash.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I have a long gravel driveway so my cars are always somewhat dirty. There's also a gravel lot a trucking firm operates from next to my work that coats everything in dust. Oh, and the garbage transfer station is on the other side of my work. :facepalm:

I run one or the other of my cars through a cheap automated touchless wash at least once a week.

I only hand wash a couple times per year, right before I apply sealant.

17MagMetal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang GT, 07 Ford Taurus SE, 95 F250 Xlt
It’s been over a year. It’ll get clayed, washed, “ceramic” waxed eventually.

OP
OP
The Demon

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
I feel your pain.
I have a long gravel driveway so my cars are always somewhat dirty. There's also a gravel lot a trucking firm operates from next to my work that coats everything in dust. Oh, and the garbage transfer station is on the other side of my work. :facepalm:

I run one or the other of my cars through a cheap automated touchless wash at least once a week.

I only hand wash a couple times per year, right before I apply sealant.
I feel your pain. There is a lumber manufacturer right next door to where I work and the wood dust just flies over the buildings and coats the cars every day. If you have a black car where I work you are screwed. At least my car in NFG still looks clean at least from far away.

Sponsored

MACHtobers Very Own

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang MACH 1
I strive for every two weeks.

My car lives outside 24/7. I'm known in my building as "that guy" cause I'm only person who uses the "wash area" at the condo.

During pollen season I'll do every week but I'm glad that's kinda over in Virginia

I oddly just wrapped my annual "super duper spend 5+ hours detailing it" clean.

IMG_5903.jpeg

IMG_5901.jpeg

Justpassingas

Justpassingas
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
21 GT Premium 2016 F150
Once a week…mines a DD without the luxury of a garage so I’m in the habit of hosing it down everyday or so especially during pollen season …I’ll give it quickie vacuum every couple weeks.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I typically only drive the Mustang on the weekends, but it still gets washed once a week. I have an indoor garage cover and sometimes I forget to put the cover on, and it gets dusty. When that happens, it gets a rinseless wash before I drive it again. Last month was a heavy pollen month and I think I washed it about 10 times.

First Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang Mach1
Garaged car so every two weeks or when it “looks” dirty. Mud guards help a bit. I do walk around with a waterless wash and a microfiber towel after a drive to get the bugs, poop and other visible dirt out. Back end always seems to attract the most dust.

Sponsored

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
I think every 2 weeks is perfect. Maybe if you have a black car weekly? But this is my first time with a gray car and I must say its pretty awesome even after 2 weeks still looks cleanish.

I drive mine daily but I park it in the parking structure at work and in the garage at home. That probably helps.

Gnatsum21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former: GT 21 Roush Twister Orange RIP | ECO 2016
I dont enjoy washing my car. And a car wash cant be trusted since I drive stick shift (I live in south Florida, people dont have much of an IQ down here). So its once a month or more, but car sits in the garage, I drive it 3 times a week, working from home.

Hostil

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Twice a year. If the wells or dusty or before it put away in November. It's not a daily(2015 GT 10,400 miles) and has never seen weather of any kind. After a drive, I pull the car into the garage,I use a larger fan to cool the car and Spray detail and Gloss enhancer ,on the body, glass, wheels , wheel barrels , cover. Rinse and repeat.
IMG_1486.jpg

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Just washed mine 😎
Sponsored