How much louder?

Spartan_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT/PP M/T
I currently have a Borla Touring Axle Back on my GT. I recently ordered an H-Pipe from Steeda and I'm curious about how much louder the car will be with the resonator delete.

The reason I ask is, the other day I happened to come up on another 5.0 Mustang I think it was a 2014. I asked what he had done and he said intake, tune, and exhaust. His car was light years louder than mine, is this from the tune? Maybe just a louder exhaust than mine? Combination of both? I know different exhausts can be louder but this car was loud.

Just a curious question, I definitely want a little more volume from my car and I'm assuming the H-Pipe will do just that :thumbsup:
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
It'll add a considerable amount of volume, and you'll essentially have a Borla S-type catback, just with an H instead of an X. The S type is pretty solidly loud, but not in anyway obnoxious.

dentalguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT
Maybe the guy had a full exhaust, meaning he had headers. I've heard both the magnaflow competition(on my car) and the magnaflow street, both catbacks, and the competition is way louder. So it really depends on a lot of factors.

venumous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' Procharged GT
Just put headers on with my Stype catback. It went from sounding good to ungodly loud, even at low throttle input. I think I'm going to add the touring resonator actually.

MtnBiker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Yes - it will be an S-Type exhaust then. Probably a little deeper sounding with the H-pipe. I think the sound outside the car with windows down is amazing. The sound inside with the windows up is not quite as amazing...kind of a growl without a lot of character. Planning to pull the sound tube to see if that helps. Yes to "considerable volume" per prior post.

Sponsored

Driversound

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP
I have the S-type and I think its a considerable volume from the stock set up. Best thing about Borla is no drone highway!

OP
OP
Spartan_Stang

Spartan_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT/PP M/T
Awesome all of this sounds great to me! As of right now I love the way the car sounds, but a bit of volume would make it even better :thumbsup:

Once I finally get around to getting the H-Pipe on (no idea when I'll have time) I'll post some before and after videos
Sponsored