• over $10,000 more than MSRP

Votes: 7 7.0%

• Total voters

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
I think this thread should wait until people have actually purchased the car. Nobody has payed anything at this point, other than perhaps a deposit.
Sponsored

Nanashii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
You know what dealers say: "Buyers are liars."

If you read all the threads, almost all of the under-MSRP deals are $1-$10 under (including one for $0.80 in Canada) just for bragging rights. I tried that, but my dealer just laughed.

So, if I paid MSRP and got free oil changes for as long as I own the car, is that an under-MSRP deal? :p
Technically, everyone who used X-Plan + Incentives/Coupons paid $500-$1000 below Invoice for the 2015s.

Spa2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You don’t want to know
Technically, everyone who used X-Plan + Incentives/Coupons paid $500-$1000 below Invoice for the 2015s.
But not the 2015 GT350s. They are excluded from A and X Plans and any other special offers. The same thing will happen with the 2016s.

Nanashii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
But not the 2015 GT350s. They are excluded from A and X Plans and any other special offers. The same thing will happen with the 2016s.
Yeah, not sure why I quoted you. Meant to quote likeaboss.

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
Yes, they'll be excluded initially, but they have been added to the plans down the road. For instance remaining 2012 GT500s were added to the plans after the 2013 was released.

Sponsored

Spa2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You don’t want to know
That's assuming there will be any left. Haven't you been reading all the other posts saying this is the best, rarest vehicle in the history of the universe? :lol:

Seriously, I think 2016 will be a quick and total sellout. After that, who knows - Fiat will probably have a Super Abarth that everyone will be scrambling to own. :eek:

drmustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
That's assuming there will be any left. Haven't you been reading all the other posts saying this is the best, rarest vehicle in the history of the universe? :lol:

Seriously, I think 2016 will be a quick and total sellout. After that, who knows - Fiat will probably have a Super Abarth that everyone will be scrambling to own. :eek:

Yeah, rarest car in the universe, certainly what those on the seller's side of the fence would love you to believe. The priors all were at this point of their sales history.

Keep in mind that this offering is significantly different than the beast of a car the GT500 was. It seems as if there are quite a few who are expecting a similar driving experience from the GT350. This one is quite different indeed. N/A and IRS are two HUGE differences. It will be interesting to observe the consumption rate on this one beyond the first year. The market for a Mustang that is obviously stacked much in favor of what a road course calls for vs profound acceleration is not certain.
The mere mention of paying an ADM a year from now will be a head shaker.

OP
OP
Hack

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Good feedback, but making it public really doesn't prevent people from lying. I actually think making it public will promote more people to lie, because it's a chance to brag.

So, you will all just have to decide whether you want to believe the numbers or not.

I think I've said it before, my dealer wants to milk every dollar they can out of their GT350 allocation, so it is looking unlikely to me that I will get a chance to buy one. I'm trying to keep an open mind, but it's possible after buying 4 cars from them in 4 years they will never see me again. :(

Maybe in a year....

FPCV8YO

Rode Hard & Put Away Wet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 350Z GT Roadster
Good feedback, but making it public really doesn't prevent people from lying. I actually think making it public will promote more people to lie, because it's a chance to brag.

So, you will all just have to decide whether you want to believe the numbers or not.

I think I've said it before, my dealer wants to milk every dollar they can out of their GT350 allocation, so it is looking unlikely to me that I will get a chance to buy one. I'm trying to keep an open mind, but it's possible after buying 4 cars from them in 4 years they will never see me again. :(

Maybe in a year....
In your case, greed over loyalty is a shame.

Mustang Marcus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Corolla 2016GT350 Magnetic Blue Stripe
Just tossing my .02 on the pile.
I really don't believe that many people are getting GT530s at (or below) MSRP. I've called a bunch of dealers in and around Atlanta. Including one that I purchased a car from last year. They are all 5 to 10k ADM...

So is this first of wave of orders it for the 2016s?
Or will dealers be getting more later on this year, next year?

Sponsored

aguilar310

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Boss 302 #1235
Are we talking about Mustang in general or GT350 because technically no one has bought a GT350, so this poll doesnt make sense unit the first one is in someones garage.

5.0 435

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
.07 Shelby SGT #0016 ...18 GT PP1 manual
The only car I paid MSRP for was my FR-S because of the Scion flat rate pricing.

2005 GT - $500 over invoice
2010 GT500 - $1k over invoice
2011 GT500 - Invoice
2013 Boss 302 - Halfway between MSRP and Invoice
2014 GT500 - Invoice
2015 GT - $1000 under Invoice back in Nov

You have to know how to deal!

Most deals will be around MSRP for the first six months. Some will get lucky with under MSRP deals while others with more money than sense will pay ADM.
You got a 2015 GT back in nov of 2014 for $1000 under INVOICE ? X plan was the best most people could do. You sure lost a lot of money if you traded all those cars in.

5.0 435

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
.07 Shelby SGT #0016 ...18 GT PP1 manual
Let's face it ......people are just pranking you about this poll !

Last edited:

Steve68

Mr. Robot
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt, 2018 Jeep JLUR, 2020 F-150
You know I'm kind of quickly arriving at a "FU Ford" attitude. I know it's a bit early in the process to get there. But here's how I'm seeing it. This "limited production" nonsense is getting under my skin, combined with the fact that you get a different story from each dealer. Bottom line is Ford has developed an interesting vehicle and is going through all the marketing motions to get the news out there, only to tell many fans, enthusiasts and even loyal customers "You wont' be able to get it" or worse "Our dealers are going to bend you over the order desk." I don't get it and I don't like having my emotions toyed with. In the past I've sat on the sidelines and watched the "Limited production" circus with some amusement. I'm not laughing this time and it could cost Ford a loyal customer if I walk away with tears in my eyes. :frusty:

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Just tossing my .02 on the pile.
I really don't believe that many people are getting GT530s at (or below) MSRP. I've called a bunch of dealers in and around Atlanta. Including one that I purchased a car from last year. They are all 5 to 10k ADM...

So is this first of wave of orders it for the 2016s?
Or will dealers be getting more later on this year, next year?
I live in one of the craziest metro areas with tons of very wealthy buyers, despite that, multiple dealers have said they already sold cars at MSRP (even though a majority are asking insane ADM). The larger market/volume dealers move cars either way, so they know they aren't really damaging their not-so-loyal customer base by gouging.

For smaller market dealers it's really not out of the question, they stand to gain more from establishing and honoring long-standing relationships than they do from trying to make a quick buck.
Sponsored