CEHollier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
On non Brembo not tracked cars how many thousand miles did you get on your original factory pads?
Sponsored

Radiation Joe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost PP Manual Recaro
There will be some that kill their brakes in 30k miles and others that reach 100k. It's totally dependent on your driving. Some people never leave town and others spend all their time on the freeway. Some people ride their brakes mercilessly and others use them judiciously. There is no way to answer your question meaningfully.

OP
OP
CEHollier

CEHollier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
There will be some that kill their brakes in 30k miles and others that reach 100k. It's totally dependent on your driving. Some people never leave town and others spend all their time on the freeway. Some people ride their brakes mercilessly and others use them judiciously. There is no way to answer your question meaningfully.
Just looking for opinions of non tracked cars. I understand hwy vs city driving. Just wanted input.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Well I do not know if this data will help but here goes...

2018 EB Premium w/PP
Current mileage: 38k

Still on stock brake pads and rotors. Front and rear pads look to be about 50% used, meaning there’s still quite a bit of material. All rotors are in great shape, no grooves no glazing.

However as stated above, it’s subjective and all dependent on how the vehicle is driven. Pre-COVID I’m doing 500 miles a week (excluding weekends). My daily route is rural, 85% no traffic devices (stop signs or lights) and extremely light traffic - with an average speed of about 60mph. Once I get past the 85% nearing destination then it’s traffic control signs, lights and traffic - probably categorized as “normal” brake usage.

OP
OP
CEHollier

CEHollier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
Well I do not know if this data will help but here goes...

2018 EB Premium w/PP
Current mileage: 38k

Still on stock brake pads and rotors. Front and rear pads look to be about 50% used, meaning there’s still quite a bit of material. All rotors are in great shape, no grooves no glazing.

However as stated above, it’s subjective and all dependent on how the vehicle is driven. Pre-COVID I’m doing 500 miles a week (excluding weekends). My daily route is rural, 85% no traffic devices (stop signs or lights) and extremely light traffic - with an average speed of about 60mph. Once I get past the 85% nearing destination then it’s traffic control signs, lights and traffic - probably categorized as “normal” brake usage.
Helpful information. Thank you.
Sponsored