Sponsored

How many 2016s will actually be built?

84venom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Cobra R, 2016 GT350 TP DIB w/White Stripes
It seems to me that there will not be as many built as originally projected? Ford is clearly having trouble with production, which I would have to assume will affect the total number built... Any thoughts?
Sponsored

chrsschb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 WRX
It seems to me that there will not be as many built as originally projected? Ford is clearly having trouble with production, which I would have to assume will affect the total number built... Any thoughts?
I'd gladly wait and swap my 2016 for a 2017 if I knew they'd work on their QA issues and step up their weak paint game.

2015R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT350R
Tires are the issue behind the current production stop. Michelin Pilot Sports will crack sidewalls in sub-freezing weather, exacerbated by being tied down in shipping.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Tires are the issue behind the current production stop. Michelin Pilot Sports will crack sidewalls in sub-freezing weather, exacerbated by being tied down in shipping.
I think it's the Cup 2s that have a problem in this weather. The Super Sports don't grip well, but can handle sub-freezing weather. So if it were tires, only the Rs would be delayed. We have seen the Rs be delayed and we have an official document from Ford about that. I haven't seen anything from Ford about the normal GT350s being delayed for cold temperatures.

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach 1, '16 F-150, '14 Fiesta ST, '14 Audi A7
They'll get them built.

The problem with armchair quarterbacking the number that will be built is that NOBODY here outside of Ford knows what actual production capacity is. It's not static. If they need to build at a faster rate to make up for delays, they probably can. Most likely to me is that there's been some part shortage, maybe due to weather or something. Who knows?

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
They'll get them built.

The problem with armchair quarterbacking the number that will be built is that NOBODY here outside of Ford knows what actual production capacity is. It's not static. If they need to build at a faster rate to make up for delays, they probably can. Most likely to me is that there's been some part shortage, maybe due to weather or something. Who knows?
Yeah, you're 100% right that Ford has the production capacity to build 10s of thousands of GT350s in short order (if they have all the parts). It's fun to speculate about what's going on and why, though. :)

I am really curious to find out how many 2016s and 2017s are built and whether there will be more in 2018 and on. I hope Ford makes a ton of them, because I love this car! I want parts to become relatively cheap and plentiful so I can fix it when I wear it out.

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
I wonder if building them on the same line as the regular Mustang is an issue?

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
I wonder if building them on the same line as the regular Mustang is an issue?
Can't see why that should be a problem........they build Fusions on the same line, too, and those will be replaced with the Continental soon.

I would imagine it's just down to parts supply.

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Isn't that just for the R?

astropol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
As some forum members here have indicated Ford can build many, many, GT350s. Not a problem, its what they do and have done since the beginning of the previous century. They can surely build 10,000 of them for '16 but wouldn't sell them all at these prices. This is not complicated but soooooooo difficult for some enthusiasts to comprehend.

Sponsored

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
Can't see why that should be a problem........they build Fusions on the same line, too, and those will be replaced with the Continental soon.

I would imagine it's just down to parts supply.
My concerns are that 350s may get pushed back due to demand of the regular mustang and need to rush their production to meet that demand rather than the niche Shelby market.

astropol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
Some of you guys think waaaaay to much. There will be enough GT350s to go around as there has been with each and every single other SE Mustang.

stangdan26

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red GT Premium
Aren't these 5.2s hand assembled by a niche team of like a dozen specialty assemblers? I'm sure they could bring in more but isn't that part of the allure of buying a SVT/SHELBY product? That signature on the valve cover? Built by hand with pride by.......? Maybe a lack of voodoo's? I have no clue if it's even relevant they've probably been building the 5.2 for a year ahead but F it why not I'll throw my speculation hat in the ring

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I read this
GT350 5,000/year
GT350R 500/year