How is Ford transporting from the Flat Rock Plant

rancherogt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350 Track Pack, 07 Volvo V70, 82 f350
Hi everybody I am in the final processes of ordering my GT350 with 2 dealers in my area they both have an allocation for 1 car and I am working them both to sell me the GT350 at sticker.:thumbsup: Right now there is only $39.00 difference between the 2 quotes to me. :headbang:

My question is how is Ford transporting these cars? Open car transport that is use for everything else. Or would they use a enclosed transport service like Reliable Carriers in Canton, MI to move the cars to the dealers? Because there is a $900 delivery charge. That sounds to me like an open transport service. And I just know my car will show up in the middle of a Michigan snow storm. :doh:

Thanks everybody
Jay
Sponsored

347CobraII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Even if you was able to pick it from the factory you still get charged with that fee.

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
My dealer informed me the '15's will be delivered im enclosed transport thru Reliable carrier. I'm not sure if "enclosed" is accurate so we'll see... but even in open transport, I was to.d they'll each be wrapped in a full car cover anyway (according to what's on the window sticker too).

R 350 gt Donson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, F10 BMW M-Sport 2019 GT2
My dealer informed me the '15's will be delivered im enclosed transport thru Reliable carrier. I'm not sure if "enclosed" is accurate so we'll see... but even in open transport, I was to.d they'll each be wrapped in a full car cover anyway (according to what's on the window sticker too).
Im not doubting you, but where on the window sticker does is say full wrapped for transport..thanks

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
Im not doubting you, but where on the window sticker does is say full wrapped for transport..thanks
Look at the left column, 6 bullets down. It reads as: "Full Vehicle Cover"

Dealer said it'll be covered since it's a special edition... yeah, we'll see if it's really covered.

Btw, you added the word- transport... :D
image.jpg

Sponsored

R 350 gt Donson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
Look at the left column, 6 bullets down. It reads as: "Full Vehicle Cover"

Dealer said it'll be covered since it's a special editio... we'll see if it's really covered.

Btw, you added the word- transport... :D
Thats not what I understand it to be....I was under the impressions it was a full "car cover" with the Shelby Logo for your garage ...please correct me if Im wrong (you know to keep the dust off..) am I wrong?

Spa2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You don’t want to know
The '15s come with a car cover, but I can't imagine that it would be installed for transport. I figured it would be in the trunk. The cars may have a transport-only cover, though.

BTW, my dealer said the GT350s would arrive in enclosed transports like his past Shelbys have, but he didn't mention the carrier.

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
I thank that car cover not cover in transport
Thats not what I understand it to be....I was under the impressions it was a full "car cover" with the Shelby Logo for your garage ...please correct me if Im wrong (you know to keep the dust off..) am I wrong?
Same as my thoughts until the dealer confused me more... we'll see sooner or later. As of today, Ford says status is ETA Aug. 11-18 for mine to arrive at dealership. Ugh. So we're still awaiting "in transport".

R 350 gt Donson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
cost is 350.00 close to what ford is asking IMO:cheers:
car cover 1.jpg
car cover 2.jpg

Sponsored

shelby_r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, 67 GT350, 68 GT350 Con, 65 R Restomod
My dealers said the same thing - Reliable Carriers would be delivering the vehicles. I talked to Ford Performance today, and they said that some cars could be railed to a common location, and then be delivered by convoy.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Believe me, you don't want that car cover to be on the car during transport. It would be flapping around like crazy on the car. That would beat up the paint so badly! The car cover would get messed up as well. Better that they leave the cover in the trunk.

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
I previously posted the same topic question in another thread... maybe Ford can do something similar to what GM does on the new C7's. A single-use fitted cover used for transport. No flapping in the wind or scratches underneath... wrapped like a new baby. :D
image.jpg

Backorder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Tiguan...:-(
I previously posted the same topic question in another thread... maybe Ford can do something similar to what GM does on the new C7's. A single-use fitted cover used for transport. No flapping in the wind or scratches underneath... wrapped like a new baby. :D

Isn't that what they did for the 50th LEs? Pretty sure they did...saw them at the rail yard like that...would expect the same here.

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Isn't that what they did for the 50th LEs? Pretty sure they did...saw them at the rail yard like that...would expect the same here.
Yup same thing, has some type of tight cloth white cover on them. Id expect the 350 to be the same.
Sponsored