How do you fix the MT-82 for cheap?

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I barely go up to 5k rpm on the daily. I only go up to 6500 rpm if I’m doing a pull. I would not say I’m abusing it. I might take it to the dealer
Before taking it to the dealer, I would suggest doing all the cheap things that have been mentioned first, as you might be able to save yourself some cash on a diagnosis.

Can you take a pic of your brake fluid reservoir and post it here? I’m curious as to whether or not your fluid could stand a flush (dark and dirty are indicative of maintenance required).
Sponsored

OP
OP
GrayS550

GrayS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Before taking it to the dealer, I would suggest doing all the cheap things that have been mentioned first, as you might be able to save yourself some cash on a diagnosis.

Can you take a pic of your brake fluid reservoir and post it here? I’m curious as to whether or not your fluid could stand a flush (dark and dirty are indicative of maintenance required).
Yeah I’ll go and take a photo.

Because I had my clutch and slave cylinder replaced, would they flush the whole system or just add more fluid when bleeding it?
IMG_1820.jpeg

Last edited:

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Yeah I’ll go and take a photo.

Because I had my clutch and slave cylinder replaced, would they flush the whole system or just add more fluid when bleeding it?
It’s hard to say. Anything is possible though. Unfortunately, It seems like we’ve reached a point in time where it’s not a question of if a dealer tech is capable of doing the work properly, but rather, does he take enough pride in what he does and care enough to do it properly? With that being said, it makes sense to double check what you can yourself.

OP
OP
GrayS550

GrayS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
It’s hard to say. Anything is possible though. Unfortunately, It seems like we’ve reached a point in time where it’s not a question of if a dealer tech is capable of doing the work properly, but rather, does he take enough pride in what he does and care enough to do it properly? With that being said, it makes sense to double check what you can yourself.
You hit the nail on the head. The last time I got my car back, my rear bumper driver side wasn’t even full attached. They brought the car out for me and I had to insert it in the tabs myself. I’m assuming they don’t like me because I’ve been there multiple times and warranty covered it.

OP
OP
GrayS550

GrayS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Update: I installed the two parts you guys recommended. The vibration is a lot… the shifting is just wow! It made it so much better. But I still have trouble shifting over 5k rpm. It feels like I’m no lift shifting. I think my clutch is the issue. I get locked out over 5k rpm. It feels rough from 2nd to 3rd. No more racing for me :/ unless I granny shift…

Sponsored

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
You have literally all of the problems I deal with. My 1st transmission was replaced only 1 yr/12k miles into owning the car with a 3rd gear syncro failure. I've had it for another 3 years now and 22k additional miles since the new transmission and it's still hot garbage on a good day. I had a MGW racespec short throw (15% reduction) installed in hopes that it would help some but it really didn't make anything about it anymore enjoyable.

I don't even enjoy driving my car anymore. I just picked up a new CX5 and was happy I could just keep it parked. I'm half tempted to sell it at this point. My 2019 Mustang GT has been by far the worst car I've owned in terms of quality (other quality issues outside of trans too). This is my 3rd S550. I had a 2016 GT PP with 6 speed and I remember the mt82 being a bit clunky in it and occasional lockout but nothing like the d4.

SHOdaddy68

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daryl
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Premium w/Recaro
Dealer service resist having to do any warranty work. I had 3 dealers loot at mine while it was still under warranty and they all told me "That's normal" and "We can't find a problem". The last one gave my car back with $3,600 of fresh body damage.

Long story short, once the warranty was up, I took my car to an independent shop and they found wrecked synchros and 2nd gear missing teeth.

Another thing that helped my situation a huge amount was fixing the cracked clutch pedal pivot which is a fairly common thing on these cars. It was so bad that it would not start before I fixed it.
Sponsored