Sponsored

How did you decide which S/C to go with?

Bartly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Okay, so jumping on the question bandwagon. I don't see 93 octane around much if ever,, 91 is most common. Would that make a difference in which S/C to go with. Also I have emissions testing yearly and need to keep my factory cats, supposing that matters as to which brand also?

PowerAdderGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Okay, so jumping on the question bandwagon. I don't see 93 octane around much if ever,, 91 is most common. Would that make a difference in which S/C to go with. Also I have emissions testing yearly and need to keep my factory cats, supposing that matters as to which brand also?
Sounds like Whipple would be a good choice for you.

Whipple SC

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0

You would really only have the choice of ours, KB and Roush phase 1. Roush phase 1 is not comparable and not very old HP vs $$. So I would narrow it between us and KB, which I feel are the best 2 kits on the market today.

Sponsored

OP
OP

desant89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Gt Premium Auto
Well, I decided to go with the whipple. I ordered it tonight. Everyone in here has helped me in one way or another. One main thing for me was I knew that I wanted Ken to tune my car with whatever I bought. I spoke to him several times. Great guy, and had nothing bad to say about any system. Just seemed like for what I am looking for, the Whipple will best suit me. Thanks again . I will update when I'm finished....now comes the wait........Thanks again everyone.

paul123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GT
http://www.hotrod.com/how-to/engine/hrdp-1103-chassis-dyno-testing/

Chassis Dyno Testing - How Bogus Is Your Local Chassis Dyno?

That Depends. How Serious Are You About The Numbers It's Spitting Out?

Written by Mike Finnegan on March 1, 2011

Our domes are on fire thanks to one seemingly simple idea we had for a great story. We wanted to go undercover at five different performance tuning facilities and test each of their chassis dynos using the same car in a short period of time. We hoped to uncover bogus numbers. We wanted to find the root of the problem for so many skeptical hot rodders who don't trust dynos as far as they can throw them

We borrowed an '11 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 Super Snake, a 750hp demon of a car that costs around $90,000 and has enough rear-wheel power to break loose a set of 275/35ZR20s from a 50-mph roll.

We hit five shops, one with a Mustang dyno, another with a Dynapack, two with Dynojets, and finally, one with a SuperFlow unit. We played dumb, showing up at each facility to have baseline dyno pulls made with a car our dad supposedly just bought. The Shelby wouldn't be tuned, "Dad" just wanted to know how powerful it was. Real data extrapolated from the car's performance at that shop, on that dyno, at that particular time is what we were after. Each shop took the bait and tested the car as they would for any regular customer. That's where it all went sideways.

evo8904

I'm a member???
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luther
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 4x4
Well, I decided to go with the whipple. I ordered it tonight. Everyone in here has helped me in one way or another. One main thing for me was I knew that I wanted Ken to tune my car with whatever I bought. I spoke to him several times. Great guy, and had nothing bad to say about any system. Just seemed like for what I am looking for, the Whipple will best suit me. Thanks again . I will update when I'm finished....now comes the wait........Thanks again everyone.
Oh man, you are going to be blown away with Ken's tuning bro! He is amazing:headbang: I still can't believe how well my car drives after he tuned it.

evo8904

I'm a member???
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luther
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 4x4

Our domes are on fire thanks to one seemingly simple idea we had for a great story. We wanted to go undercover at five different performance tuning facilities and test each of their chassis dynos using the same car in a short period of time. We hoped to uncover bogus numbers. We wanted to find the root of the problem for so many skeptical hot rodders who don't trust dynos as far as they can throw them

We borrowed an '11 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 Super Snake, a 750hp demon of a car that costs around $90,000 and has enough rear-wheel power to break loose a set of 275/35ZR20s from a 50-mph roll.

We hit five shops, one with a Mustang dyno, another with a Dynapack, two with Dynojets, and finally, one with a SuperFlow unit. We played dumb, showing up at each facility to have baseline dyno pulls made with a car our dad supposedly just bought. The Shelby wouldn't be tuned, "Dad" just wanted to know how powerful it was. Real data extrapolated from the car's performance at that shop, on that dyno, at that particular time is what we were after. Each shop took the bait and tested the car as they would for any regular customer. That's where it all went sideways.

???

Dynoes are for bragging, selling parts and a tuning tool. Trap speed is a true test of power. Anyone with real experience will tell you that. The only real way to compare on a dyno is if it is the exact same dyno on the same day. You could go to a dyno jet at one shop and then another and you would have different peak power between the two.

You will rarely see people post mustang dyno sheets. They are about 10% lower than dynojet.

Last edited:

Whipple SC

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0

This was a bit of a misleading test. What it shows is the dyno jet and super flow are the most consistent. But, because they allowed the engine temps to vary, they missed the chance to better compare dynos. As timing and oil temp could drastically vary. It certainly does show that dyno operators and shops can vary.

I would've loved to see this test where somewhat locked timing and tried to control temps a little to only have one variable (dyno).

I know after 15 years of testing on our dyno jet, it repeats time and time again. From car to car it's quite incredible.

Sponsored

Bartly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT

Whipple SC

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
Thank you. How is he 91 octane thing going to affect me?

The last 2 installs we did on manuals, stock exhaust, 3.75" pulley made 682rw and 673rw on 91. The auto makes roughly 5-6% less to the RW. Therefore they are typically down 20-30rw from 93 octane due to lower timing.

rio16

MAD_50HH
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rio
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Whippled Competition Orange
The last 2 installs we did on manuals, stock exhaust, 3.75" pulley made 682rw and 673rw on 91. The auto makes roughly 5-6% less to the RW. Therefore they are typically down 20-30rw from 93 octane due to lower timing.
I was actually there to see brand new White S550 full kit on 91 oct pushing 650+ and the torque was really good. Hope to get the same results or more for mine.

Thanks to Dustin and Will for the tour even on their busy schedule made time for me. I cant wait for mine to come :cheers:

OP
OP

desant89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Gt Premium Auto
I'm a little confused here. I see the auto down 5%, but see that this manual dyno'd at 682 on 91. Down 5% there we will call it 647 for an auto. Where is the 93 coming in at? Just curious cause in getting a Whipple on my auto, and we have 93 around here.

SmokedSS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
I'm a little confused here. I see the auto down 5%, but see that this manual dyno'd at 682 on 91. Down 5% there we will call it 647 for an auto. Where is the 93 coming in at? Just curious cause in getting a Whipple on my auto, and we have 93 around here.

My Whipple with 132mm tb, 58# injectors auto and 93 octane with the Whipple tune 651rwhp.
Sponsored