Sponsored

How did you decide which S/C to go with?

evo8904

I'm a member???
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luther
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 4x4
Was it apples to apples? Upgraded throttle body, upgraded cooling, custom dyno tune included with an SCT/NGauge? If so, you got lucky, most people are over $9800 for that pkg.
I didn't go with the fans with mine. I used some $60 fans off Amazon lol and they have worked great for a year now. I did see that the full kit with upgrades is around $9800 now. That's a lot, I would wait for a 15% off sale personally. But, I did get an amazing deal on my kit. I could have gotten a bretter deal on the ProCharger HO kit but glad that I went with a PD SC. Instant power is so much fun lol.
Sponsored

Burnin4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
I've come nowhere near that price when pricing out the whipple kit (its not the only thing ive priced, i'm the worst decision maker on the planet lol). Lethals at $1000 less than that just going through their website, the most recent quote I got from a vendor is almost identical to what you paid for the vmp and that's with all the upgrades (which I wont be getting). Like I said im not fanboying any particular kit just having a friendly discussion :thumbsup:
are you sure? This is the comparable kit the my Stg3 TVS, which cost $2200 less.

Burnin4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
I didn't go with the fans with mine. I used some $60 fans off Amazon lol and they have worked great for a year now. I did see that the full kit with upgrades is around $9800 now. That's a lot, I would wait for a 15% off sale personally. But, I did get an amazing deal on my kit. I could have gotten a bretter deal on the ProCharger HO kit but glad that I went with a PD SC. Instant power is so much fun lol.
No fans, what about upgraded throttle body, 1000ID's, custom remote/dyno tune from Lund, BAP, Programmer? You definitely made the right decision with the blower. Are you sure you really paid less?

Skatz5000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Vader Special
are you sure? This is the comparable kit the my Stg3 TVS, which cost $2200 less.
I didn't price it with the id1k's. i just looked at whipples stage 2 kit. Your kit came with the bap?

Farrdaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO/PP
Whipple....

With the forum discount I paid $7650 shipped. The equivalent whipple kit is pushing 10grand, not to mention the whipple kit ain't going mid 10's at 134 with the supplied whipple tune that is on more boost/3.625 pulley.
I paid only $200 more installed for the Whipple kit with upgraded throttle body.......

Sponsored

Burnin4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
I didn't price it with the id1k's. i just looked at whipples stage 2 kit. Your kit came with the bap?
Yes, Stg3 kit comes with BAP, 1000ID's, programmer, Custom Lund dyno/remote tuning, upgraded throttle body, Brisk plugs, and dual fan cooling.

Hypermotive comparable kit comes in at $8900 with no programmer and no tune, easily another $1000.

Burnin4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
I paid only $200 more installed for the Whipple kit with upgraded throttle body.......
You may have, but no one is pricing them that low now. Was it on a special holiday discount? Was your kit comparable? Where did you buy from?

Skatz5000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Vader Special
Yes, Stg3 kit comes with BAP, 1000ID's, programmer, Custom Lund dyno/remote tuning, upgraded throttle body, Brisk plugs, and dual fan cooling.

Hypermotive comparable kit comes in at $8900 with no programmer and no tune, easily another $1000.
yea that is steep, like I said im only going off what I discussed with a vendor which was significantly less than that, the markup is pretty wild just based on how much of a discount they give you through the forums. I was unaware about how much value you really get out of the vmp kit though, that's sick, thanks for the lesson.

Burnin4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
I was unaware about how much value you really get out of the vmp kit though, that's sick, thanks for the lesson.
you get more then value, you get guaranteed performance for less money on less boost :cheers:

Sponsored

evo8904

I'm a member???
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luther
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 4x4
No fans, what about upgraded throttle body, 1000ID's, custom remote/dyno tune from Lund, BAP, Programmer? You definitely made the right decision with the blower. Are you sure you really paid less?
Initially mine was less with tuning with the 132mm TB. I made the mistake of not upgrading my injectors at the time of purchase. Upgrading to the 72lb injectors through whipple is cheap. 1000cc injectors is just over kill on pump and was an extra cost for me due to chasing more power. Plus, I ended up going with a catless exhaust setup which whipple's tune requires catted. I fell into the mod multiple times trap lol.

Given the current prices of the kits. I would call Ken to see which PD kit he would recommend. I've seen some of the deals that Travis has on KB and that would be very tempting. But, $9800 for a SC kit is in the TT kit range. If I was going to spend that much, I would get a TT setup.

Farrdaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO/PP
You may have, but no one is pricing them that low now. Was it on a special holiday discount? Was your kit comparable? Where did you buy from?
I feel the kit is comparable / better than the other kits I looked at. I couldn't make myself buy a centri because of zero knowledge on my end. Beef filled me with a ton of information but I still couldn't do it. My Father and I have always had PD cars and his 14 Roush with upgrades isn't as quick as my 15 with the Whipple. Both manual cars just so fair is fair. We will find out come spring at the strip what the 15 will run but I can gap him (he does same in my 15) from a roll to XXX. Both are great running cars and the VMP/Roush kits are awesome also.

Burnin4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Initially mine was less with tuning with the 132mm TB. I made the mistake of not upgrading my injectors at the time of purchase. Upgrading to the 72lb injectors through whipple is cheap. 1000cc injectors is just over kill on pump and was an extra cost for me due to chasing more power. Plus, I ended up going with a catless exhaust setup which whipple's tune requires catted. I fell into the mod multiple times trap lol.

Given the current prices of the kits. I would call Ken to see which PD kit he would recommend. I've seen some of the deals that Travis has on KB and that would be very tempting. But, $9800 for a SC kit is in the TT kit range. If I was going to spend that much, I would get a TT setup.
No doubt. If I had it to do all over again I would have bought a Hellion twin setup, skipped the headers, and had a much much faster car. Although, I'm not complaining with my results for my expense. I tried to buy the whipple over the TVS but my timing just wasn't great, all of the forum vendors were holding tight to the price, hell Lethal wouldn't budge, told me to just order off of their website. Little did they know how involved and vocal I am with who I support. I guarantee that I have sold more TVS kits then anyone at VMP or on M6G, haha.

evo8904

I'm a member???
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luther
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 4x4

Farrdaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO/PP
I only wish my pride would have allowed me to go with an auto car.
Sponsored