Hood Strut lower bracket comparison

whirledpeaz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150 Lariat
I recently bought the Redline Tuning hood struts from forum member [MENTION=15135]Alloy[/MENTION] (great transaction btw!). They came with the Ford Racing lower mounting brackets. I decided that I wanted the Redline Tuning lower brackets instead so I bought them and I would like to compare the differences between the two.

The Ford racing version comes with the brackets, allen head bolts, clamp nuts and external tooth lockwashers. As you can see, the Ford Racing brackets are smaller lengthwise by a good bit. Also one of the brackets has two pop rivets in it to prevent twisting of the bracket but the other one does not. Not sure why.

The Redline Tuning brackets come with the bolts and red anodized aluminum clamp nuts which are thicker. Also the stepped oval at the top of the nut fits neatly in the oval hole in the fender preventing the nut from rotating.

Looking at both brackets on the fender its easy to see how the Redline Tuning brackets would resist rotating more than the Ford Racing ones.

Hope this might help someone that's deciding on which ones to get.
Sponsored

GT Nate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red Mustang GT Premium
The Redline Tuning Struts are top quality.