Sponsored

Home WiFi

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
Guys, I know there la a recent tech discussion about a stable and efficient WiFi setup for residence but it got technical and there were a lot of products listed in a short amount of time.

Can I get some decent recommends for routers and WiFi arrangement for two-level townhome.

Just running firesticks and the occasional online class. Current router is Xfinity provided and freezes often with FaceTime only.

Any/All help appreciated!
Sponsored

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
Guys, I know there la a recent tech discussion about a stable and efficient WiFi setup for residence but it got technical and there were a lot of products listed in a short amount of time.

Can I get some decent recommends for routers and WiFi arrangement for two-level townhome.

Just running firesticks and the occasional online class. Current router is Xfinity provided and freezes often with FaceTime only.

Any/All help appreciated!
What speed are you paying for?

Whitest Russian

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
This might also be a problem with the wiring in your house/wiring from your ISPs hub to your house. Has that been looked into? You should be able to set up an appointment with your ISP and they'll send out a person to check signal strength and noise.

I had a similar thing going on and found out that my home builder used an inadequately shielded coaxial cable. Now it is acting as an antenna and picking up interference from the Naval base my house.

OP
OP
DrumReaper

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
This might also be a problem with the wiring in your house/wiring from your ISPs hub to your house. Has that been looked into? You should be able to set up an appointment with your ISP and they'll send out a person to check signal strength and noise.

I had a similar thing going on and found out that my home builder used an inadequately shielded coaxial cable. Now it is acting as an antenna and picking up interference from the Naval base my house.
I thought maybe that could be the issue as well but it’s doing the same thing from the house we lived in a few months ago, and in the townhome we currently live in. Two different builders. I’m believing the Xfinity router is likely the issue.
Sponsored